Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,534,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I keep ending up with guys that typically date white women. These are black men btw. And I'm a black woman. Im
not sure why these types like me because I don't really look like a white woman but for whatever reason I tend to attract this type heavily and so yes I def. think its possible for people to be open to those outside of their type. I tend to find it difficult to be attracted to men outside of my type though, but it has happened quite a few times.
The few black guys I've dated have been that type. I don't like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 02:24 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,256,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The few black guys I've dated have been that type. I don't like them.
Lmao. Lately this seems to be the type that approaches me or that pursues me. In the last year I've dated at least 10 guys(guessing) each one has mainly dated white woman. This wouldn't be an issue to me if this type didnt display certain tendencies that indicate some level of black hatred. For instance the most common comment I get from these men is often them asking if I'm mixed because I don't look like a black woman or they will make comments about other black women and attitudes these other women have. The weird thing is that black women find these men attractive and desire them so I have no clue why they have bitter or negative opinions about black women.

They also tend to look down on other blacks that are less fortunate as well. In other words just get the feeling that they don't like being black. Or maybe certain aspects. It just gets old. I admit that I typically prefer a black man that either has dated all races equally or one that mostly dates black women. But it seems like the men I've been attracted to professionally and physically have been the ones that are more partial to white women. They are typically the tall, athletic alpha, popular, corporate black men. Which is my type. Oh well lol.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:31 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,336,396 times
Quote:
Lmao. Lately this seems to be the type that approaches me or that pursues me. In the last year I've dated at least 10 guys(guessing) each one has mainly dated white woman. This wouldn't be an issue to me if this type didnt display certain tendencies that indicate some level of black hatred. For instance the most common comment I get from these men is if I'm mixed because I don't look like a black woman or they will make comments about other black women and attitudes etc these other women have. They tend to look down on other blacks that are less fortunate as well. In other words just get the feeling that they don't like being black. Or maybe certain aspects. It just gets old. I admit that I typically prefer a black man that either has dated all races equally or one that mostly dates black women. But it seems like the men I've been attracted to professionally and physically have been the ones that are more partial to white women. They are typically the tall, athletic alpha, popular, corporate black men. Which is my type. Oh well lol.
A single man of this type is practically a unicorn in Atlanta. A lot of black women struggle with dating in Atlanta due to the fact that the majority who fit this criteria seem to prefer white women. I got a lot of attention from black men when I lived in Atlanta, which I figured had a lot to do with being mixed, because when looking further, I clearly wasn't their type. They just saw that I was mixed and went from there.

And there were white men who expressed they were intimidated or shy because they weren't sure if I would be into them. The thinking that I prefer others who are also mixed or "ethnic."

Old 06-23-2014, 02:34 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,743,887 times
I have no pony in this race, but using that term "ethnic" to describe someone's looks rubs me the wrong way. I tend to be fairly uncaring about such things, but that one is just ugh.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:37 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,306,082 times
Quote:
Lmao. Lately this seems to be the type that approaches me or that pursues me. In the last year I've dated at least 10 guys(guessing) each one has mainly dated white woman. This wouldn't be an issue to me if this type didnt display certain tendencies that indicate some level of black hatred. For instance the most common comment I get from these men is if I'm mixed because I don't look like a black woman or they will make comments about other black women and attitudes etc these other women have. They tend to look down on other blacks that are less fortunate as well. In other words just get the feeling that they don't like being black. Or maybe certain aspects. It just gets old. I admit that I typically prefer a black man that either has dated all races equally or one that mostly dates black women. But it seems like the men I've been attracted to professionally and physically have been the ones that are more partial to white women. They are typically the tall, athletic alpha, popular, corporate black men. Which is my type. Oh well lol.
I wonder how much of these "black corporate" types as you put, how much dating of white women is done because of a preference for white women, or just some perceived status, which seems like in 2014 wouldn't be prevalent as much. I don't know, I'm not a black guy, so I can't say.

From what I can deduce from reading various thread here over the yrs is that the upwardly mobile educated black guys would have their pick of their equivalents in black women. I guess what I'm saying is I can't recall how many threads I've seen or read where educated black women with good careers seem to be complaining about not being able to find "good black men."

Old 06-23-2014, 02:39 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,703,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wonder how much of these "black corporate" types as you put, how much dating of white women is done because of a preference for white women, or just some perceived status, which seems like in 2014 wouldn't be prevalent as much. I don't know, I'm not a black guy, so I can't say.

From what I can deduce from reading various thread here over the yrs is that the upwardly mobile educated black guys would have their pick of their equivalents in black women. I guess what I'm saying is I can't recall how many threads I've seen or read where educated black women with good careers seem to be complaining about not being able to find "good black men."
The other day I saw this cute black guy with a really trashy white girl. I was pretty flummoxed.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:41 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,534,867 times
Quote:
Lmao. Lately this seems to be the type that approaches me or that pursues me. In the last year I've dated at least 10 guys(guessing) each one has mainly dated white woman. This wouldn't be an issue to me if this type didnt display certain tendencies that indicate some level of black hatred. For instance the most common comment I get from these men is often them asking if I'm mixed because I don't look like a black woman or they will make comments about other black women and attitudes these other women have. The weird thing is that black women find these men attractive and desire them so I have no clue why they have bitter or negative opinions about black women.

They also tend to look down on other blacks that are less fortunate as well. In other words just get the feeling that they don't like being black. Or maybe certain aspects. It just gets old. I admit that I typically prefer a black man that either has dated all races equally or one that mostly dates black women. But it seems like the men I've been attracted to professionally and physically have been the ones that are more partial to white women. They are typically the tall, athletic alpha, popular, corporate black men. Which is my type. Oh well lol.
Yeah, that's a difficult type to have. Whenever I see an attractive, professional black man, I don't even let the thought of dating him enter my mind. Good luck to you! lol

Old 06-23-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have no pony in this race, but using that term "ethnic" to describe someone's looks rubs me the wrong way. I tend to be fairly uncaring about such things, but that one is just ugh.
That was the term many used because they didn't know what I was. So they'd say I look "ethnic" or "exotic" as a way to say that I look like I have something in me, but they don't know what that something is. Black folks know when someone is mixed with black, usually. But there are people who try to be sensitive about ethnicity and want to inquire without coming off like an idiot or jerk.

When I had Sengalese twists (braids) in my hair last summer, I got comments on PoF about looking like an "ethnic goddess" or rasta and even bohemian.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:05 PM

102,065 posts, read 107,003,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
And there were white men who expressed they were intimidated or shy because they weren't sure if I would be into them. The thinking that I prefer others who are also mixed or "ethnic."
Sadly, many white men are easily intimidated, and shy anyway.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Oh, but these single and educated black women do struggle to find their equivalent. This was very prevalent in Atlanta where there is a high number of successful and educated black men and women. And yet, these women struggled a great deal with finding suitable matches within their own ethnic background because these men weren't interested in them. They were interested in other ethnicities. If men thought they had it rough in the dating scene, black men have it even rougher, statistically speaking. But black women have an even harder time with dating, and even dating black men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships