Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 07:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Something as important as waiting to have sex until married should have been mentioned during the early dating stages. You just can't pull out that card down the road.
Well certainly! But you can't claim to really love someone, then drop them like a hot potatoe if they don't want to have sex with you - that's not love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 07:53 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I have a good friend who married in her 40's. She told me before the wedding her groom insisted they wait for sex until they were married. I thought that was more than a bit odd but she insisted it was because his religious beliefs were quite strong on the subject of sex before marriage. I asked her if he seemed 'normal' and she said he was. I told her I had serious reservations about any adult who didn't want to try it before you buy it. I think she really did have doubts too.

Fast forward a couple years and my friend is stuck in a sexless marriage. I think they have had sex once. He is kind and gentlemanly. He just has no interest in sex at all. My friend is very unhappy. Her 'husband' is interested in religion and working out. He works, runs marathons, exercises, and goes to church. He does take her out on dates now and then. Usually plays or out to dinner.

I see how unhappy my friend is and honestly, I think a grown person who doesn't want to have sex is hiding something. Something you have a right to know before you marry that individual. It's a huge red flag...banner sized, even. It looks to me like he with-holds sex and affection to control her. But I also believe he is gay but he is so religious he refuses to admit it to himself.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I have a good friend who married in her 40's. She told me before the wedding her groom insisted they wait for sex until they were married. I thought that was more than a bit odd but she insisted it was because his religious beliefs were quite strong on the subject of sex before marriage. I asked her if he seemed 'normal' and she said he was. I told her I had serious reservations about any adult who didn't want to try it before you buy it. I think she really did have doubts too.

Fast forward a couple years and my friend is stuck in a sexless marriage. I think they have had sex once. He is kind and gentlemanly. He just has no interest in sex at all. My friend is very unhappy. Her 'husband' is interested in religion and working out. He works, runs marathons, exercises, and goes to church. He does take her out on dates now and then. Usually plays or out to dinner.

I see how unhappy my friend is and honestly, I think a grown person who doesn't want to have sex is hiding something. Something you have a right to know before you marry that individual. It's a huge red flag...banner sized, even. It looks to me like he with-holds sex and affection to control her. But I also believe he is gay but he is so religious he refuses to admit it to himself.
See, this is just so wrong. He basically defrauded her

I think she should get into some counseling to renegotiate some things or just consider walking away altogether.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
See, this is just so wrong. He basically defrauded her

I think she should get into some counseling to renegotiate some things or just consider walking away altogether.
You can't negotiate sex...

Old 06-22-2014, 08:01 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well certainly! But you can't claim to really love someone, then drop them like a hot potatoe if they don't want to have sex with you - that's not love.
You can still love someone and let them go.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You can't negotiate sex...
sure you can!

You can also negotiate the right to have a sexual partner on the side if your spouse is unwilling to perform. (not that I'm advocating that, just saying it could happen)

Just saying she got tricked into this marriage and has the right to try to work out a better situation for herself.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:07 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
I would never wait that long for a female it not worth it. What if she hates sex and is so bad at it I want to cut my wrists .

Old 06-22-2014, 08:18 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Are we seriously discussing if head or sex is more intimate?
Seems to me some think oral sex is not really serious sex at all.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

So do you believe that in life if someone doesn't have sex before he/she is married, he/she has a problem with sex that will eventually show up after he/she is married? Or do you think this is one instance and not a pattern?

Old 06-22-2014, 08:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
That is definitely NOT one instance. I know many who have experienced this, and often those coming from very religious backgrounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships