Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Guys have perfected the art of looking at women very discreetly.

If I stared at every woman I was attracted to I'd have whiplash in certain places.

Women are a lot more selective about whom they find attractive, so when they tend to stare, they are probably more indiscreet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4T2XRjKu8
Ahahahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 02:10 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,103 times
One time I was at the market in the bread aisle and I could feel someone watching me. I felt so uneasy and couldn't bring myself to turn around right away to look. Eventually I nonchalantly turned around to look at something else only to realize I was being gawked at by a cardboard cutout of the Cake Boss. True story.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
One time I was at the market in the bread aisle and I could feel someone watching me. I felt so uneasy and couldn't bring myself to turn around right away to look. Eventually I nonchalantly turned around to look at something else only to realize I was being gawked at by a cardboard cutout of the Cake Boss. True story.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:08 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,457,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Love it.

Not a ha, ha story, but, I was at the market yesterday and wanted to tell a couple of guys to pay attention to what they were doing before they bump into someone. I understand the move the guy in video did, because I was doing it myself when I was in the store. I'm no prize, but I guess in my area, touristy, I must look exotic to some of these guys, (don't even go with hooker, I know some are thinking it, granny hooker, yeah right). I'm just trying to hurry and get what I need and pay and go. But I still pay attention to what's going on around me especially when it's so obvious and you want to say take a picture. I know the various looks, I can distinguish the she's too fat for me from the yum, yum would like to have some. this is the latter. I was trying to avoid talking about this event, because, I know my stalker will have something to say sooner than later. But ShinyHappyLucy's post about the supermarket just made me think about yesterday's experience again.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:35 PM

785 posts, read 953,140 times
I never sense anyone looking at me, but I know body language enough when someone is checking me out as in up and down.

But not like a 6th sense lol. Funny experiences in this thread.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:07 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,392,149 times
I can never tell if they're looking at me because they're interested or because they're wondering about my height. I know I catch a lot of guys' attention when I walk into a restaurant/bar/lounge and even see some of the tap their buddies to point me out, but I assume it's just because they're shocked to see such a tall woman. (I see women do the same thing which is why I tend to assume it's my height in general.) The only way I used to know for sure if a guy was interested was when they eventually approached me and we got into a conversation. Otherwise almost every guy that approaches or approached me always initiated the conversation with "Can I ask you a question? How tall are you?" Usually by the time I answer the question, my husband has returned from the men's room and they disappear so I never know what their intent was.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,820,271 times
I don't know, it's just a feeling I get...

Old 06-30-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I don't know, it's just a feeling I get...
Like gas?

Old 07-01-2014, 07:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
It is quite embarrassing - even more when they smile or acknowledge that I've been busted than the usual sullen indifference.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:27 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,820,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Like gas?
LOL no. It's more like feeling someone's energy focusing on me, it's strange, hard to explain. I'm always right though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships