Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:54 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times

Advertisements

Oh boy, here we go.... More than half of your list can be applied to men, just FYI.

7. You're in the minority.

9. This doesn't apply to me as I don't post pics of my pets, but oh yes.. my puppy is just as cute to the rest of the world as she is to me. Take her out in public, and people flock. Better to just work this as you're "not an animal person" and keep it going .. just don't go after pet owners, problem solved!

11. You don't know a person's home life or family life. My family is EXTREMELY racist. I'm not, I think all races are equally good and bad. However, if I were to date outside of my race, I would lose favor with a lot of my extended family - and I rely on those people for support mechanism in my life at various levels, so I have to pick my battles. Dating outside of my race is a very easy battle that I have the control over preventing.

12. Stop jumping to conclusions, politics goes both ways. If a person picks "middle of the road" it is for their own reason, and could be from either side of the isle. I declare myself more centralist because I favor liberal policy with conservative checks and balances. I'm not 100% with either side, and I am very aware of that.

As for age of children.. I don't advertise the age of mine for a reason. If this is a turn off for a prospective dater, I hope he keeps moving because I don't want his type around.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times
Okcupid is bad for a number of reasons but Match is downright awful primarily because you have a lot of men and women both although i'm a guy so i've never strayed to the other side to check out the guys haha but i'm assuming it's across both genders who do not answer the questions used to "match" people up. You see a lot of "no preference" which to me indicates that they really don't care so long as you are HOT.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
You mean Plenty of Fat? Ugh. Even worse than OKStupid.

that and plenty of single trailer moms.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:28 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyHarry View Post

8. The ones who don't bother to fill in the various parts of the profile (Self-Summary, Six Things I Can't Do Without, Favorite Movies/Shows/Food, etc.) and instead simply list their stats. To me, this says four possible things, all of them bad. 1st Possibility: she doesn't take the whole process seriously enough and is probably on there to, as many men suspect in regard to most OKCupid women, collect messages from fawning, drooling guys so she can boost her ego before deleting her account a few days later. 2nd Possibility: she doesn't know how to express herself well or lacks self-knowledge. 3rd Possibility: she knows how to express herself but chooses not to because she hates any type of self-revelation. 4th Possibility: she knows how to express herself but figures "Why bother? Men don't read, and all they're interested in are my looks, weight, age, etc."
Possibility 5: she started the profile, it took longer than she thought it would and she didn't have time to finish it but will later. (I've done this).

Possibility 6: it's a fake. Signs of a fake profile are very little of it is filled out.

Quote:
9. The ones who show pictures of their pets. You know who you are, and here's my message to you: Your pets are NEVER as cute to us as they are to you.
I just looked at two profiles on OKC. One guy had 5 pictures. Two are of his dog and he is not in them. The other has an Instram album that prominently displays pictures of his cat.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lmao....you sound like a man of experience. My short stint on POF didn't yield any such ...experiences. But I suppose it happens. I thought it more like just a meat market. Its interesting how many both men and women put they want a "serious relationship" in their profile, but all they want is sex. That's fine, why beat around d the bush?

That's all the women I actually met on there wanted. (Shrug) but, they were cute, fun to hang with and its zero pressure, which was fine e at that time in my life. They ranged from about 100-120 pounds weight wise. Lol, every pound 100% carburated giggery,

I did receive some comments from some very....unattractive...types as well. Reminded me of various grammar school teachers I had. We didn't have younger, attractive female teachers when I was a kid. Least I never got that lucky. Talkin' the full tamale , complete from bristly moustache and arms with more hair than a male Gorilla , to the wart with the hair in it on the face. Agggggghhhhhh! So many nightmares were born thus.

But I'm sure they had wonderful personalities.....

In my experience POF was a meeting place for sex regardless of what someone's intentions were. Messages for sex ran the whole range from high school dropout with one tooth to phd's who looked VERY conservative in their pics.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Why are you still bothering with OKStupid, or online 'dating' at all?
A friend of mine called it OkUgly.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
8. The ones who don't bother to fill in the various parts of the profile (Self-Summary, Six Things I Can't Do Without, Favorite Movies/Shows/Food, etc.) and instead simply list their stats. To me, this says four possible things, all of them bad. 1st Possibility: she doesn't take the whole process seriously enough and is probably on there to, as many men suspect in regard to most OKCupid women, collect messages from fawning, drooling guys so she can boost her ego before deleting her account a few days later. 2nd Possibility: she doesn't know how to express herself well or lacks self-knowledge. 3rd Possibility: she knows how to express herself but chooses not to because she hates any type of self-revelation. 4th Possibility: she knows how to express herself but figures "Why bother? Men don't read, and all they're interested in are my looks, weight, age, etc."
I was one these annoying women. My favorite was receiving messages that said something like "I enjoyed reading your profile" or "I really connected with what you said in your profile and you seem like a <fill in positive personality descriptor> type of person".

Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 PM

17 posts, read 54,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
well my answer to my political views question is:

I don't give a fack about it.

Do you like that answer or are you annoyed at me too? LOL.
Actually, no, I wouldn't be annoyed with you; how could I be annoyed with someone who says "I don't give a fack"? Something about the word "fack" puts a smile on my face.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:38 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Here's what annoyed me about OLD with men:

1. Men who would not even read what I chose in those questionnaires. I would put I didn't want children, and would get men who wanted kids responding. I actually had 2 who tried to tell me they put that option because they thought it would widen their dating pool. It wasn't until I told them I just ended a relationship because of that very issue, that they finally admitted they wanted kids.

2. Men who would send a response that was clearly cut and pasted to many women. You know, the generic response that basically says nothing, or doesn't prove you read anything about me, just probably looked at my pics.

3. On that note, guys that just said something stupid like "Hey ma, hit me back" and nothing else.

4. Guys that post pics from 10 years / 50 lbs ago. Yes men do it too.

5. Guys who lie about their stats. I saw one profile for a guy who listed himself as 45 but in his profile said he was really 55 but didn't look it and wanted a younger woman.

6. The bathroom selfie. I don't know it just annoys me. No one wants to see a toilet in your background even if it's your own home.

7. I agree with the other poster about men who go on about themselves that they have everything all that's missing is you....we all feel that way. No one goes on and says well my apartment sucks, my job sucks, my family is nuts, but maybe you can complete my dysfunctional life!

Old 06-28-2014, 08:43 PM

500 posts, read 1,173,473 times
Also, in regards to bathroom selfies...mirror pics where the phone covers half of your face.

Does no one realize that you can turn the phone around and see IN THE MIRROR the reflection of what your selfie is going to look like, without getting the dang phone IN the picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships