Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:26 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
90% of the women interested in me are overweight and I don't mean a little chunky. I don't register in the radar of the majority of girls that are 5 and 6. I'm 31, 5'11" 180 lbs and this is what my face looks like.

Attachment 132082
Ew.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I had to look up Connelly. She looks more average to me, like you wouldn't notice her in a crowd. The blonde girl is definitely more striking, and is prettier. Blondes usually get more attention from the opposite sex.

And yeah, Newbie gets it. It's possible to be HWP/thin and be off guys' radar entirely. It seems a lot of men don't realize how many women are invisible to them.
Yes, one of my long term single girlfriends is very thin and in good shape. She says she has to have a rock in body because she thinks her face is so plain. She says she gets hot on from the back all the time.

That seems so sad.

I'm a pretty dab hand at applying makeup, so I showed her how to artificially slim down her nose and highlight her eyes which are very pretty.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:04 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree here. From my observation and experience, women like that have already eliminated 80% of men, some of those men might be educated with a low income, some might be blue collar with an high income, some of those men might even make a great husband and or father. Another thing is that men at the top of their game with 6 figure salary with a degree from an Ivy league school, tall and waspy looking is hard to find. Also top tier men are either married early, or slutting it around with multiple women who want to be with them. It is really a sad reality. Some college educated careerist type women go with top tier guys who are already married hoping for a divorce. I knew a case of one woman career type from Indian background, she had to get an abortion from a well to do guy who was already married and she really wanted to be with him. NYC is full of late twenty something and thirty something women slutting it up and chasing well to do guys who bring nothing to the table for them. By 35 most of these women are still single and not married. Hey at least they can still get sex, but cant get a longterm relationship. By 35 women like the op need to have a change of heart for certain types of guys!

As for the op? I don't blame her sticking to her guns to find her ideal guy, however she needs to adjust her requirements because she is not going to find what she wants especially with age ticking faster than ever. She should open herself up to men who make less money, or even dating older. The op should have found her husband either in college or at the job like many other educated or career type women.
What I bolded is really true. I found myself in a very similar situation. Met my first serious relationship after she was a year or two out of college. I was 22 and she was 24. It was an easier time to date for sure. As I've gotten older, requirements have changed for both parties.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:23 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A brand-new poster lights the fuse on a common gender war powder keg and doesn't return for the advice he or she asks for. How unusual and unexpected!
I know, right?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:37 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
That woman is an 8.5 or 9 I would say.
I'll ditto Jay and srjth. She has cute facial features and a nice physique, which adds up to what they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
You guys have some super high standards. That woman is definitely better than average in my book. No wonder so many people are single, everyone is shooting for that 1%. If no one else wants her, I'll be her guy. She has a look, barring bad fate, that will age very well. She has a natural beauty that doesn't need compensation of a lot of makeup. She'll stay younger longer and likely have to work less at it. Just has to stay away from the common sense bad things.
Oh, she's not "average," but I wouldn't ogle her for days and definitely think JJ's assessment is an exaggeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
She's really pretty. I doubt she interacts with as many men as JJ99 thinks though. That seems like an exaggeration, and not because she's not pretty enough, but just because it just doesn't work like that. I bet that many guys don't even talk to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
8 and 9 means gorgeous, something you see on TV like Jennifer Connelly. That girl looks like a more typical pretty girl.
Connelly is striking. Charlize Theron is gorgeous, as is Emily Blunt. But then I have a thing for specific features and bone structure. I'm a face person.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
"Money can buy you diamond rings....

But Money can't buy you love."

I also have a six figure income - in danish kroner!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'll ditto Jay and srjth. She has cute facial features and a nice physique, which adds up to what they said.

Oh, she's not "average," but I wouldn't ogle her for days and definitely think JJ's assessment is an exaggeration.

Connelly is striking. Charlize Theron is gorgeous, as is Emily Blunt. But then I have a thing for specific features and bone structure. I'm a face person.
I said she's average for a white woman. I didn't say average overall.

White women tend to have facial features which are typically within the standards of media beauty.

I think if you gathered 10 white random white women her age in a room, she'd be somewhere in the middle or so.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:57 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
That woman is an 8.5 or 9 I would say.
Too high.

She would be that for me. I think she's super hot.

But not overall in a consensus sense.

There's a difference.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:12 AM

814 posts, read 759,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Ew.
Go to my profile and click on the album.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:39 AM

56 posts, read 396,844 times
I am a teenager but do live with extended family, have close relatives all in a social economic environment with conversations about life, death, business and living in a global world.

So this is not my experience because I am not experience yet BUT I can speak from experience of living with wise elders everyday.

Rai111 I think you are punking these people.

Lower upperclass women do what Ruth4Truth says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What online site are you using? Maybe try a couple of different ones. For IRL socializing: go to professional conferences. Attend charity fund-raisers. Get involved in non-profits in some capacity (advisor, benefactor, board member). Find out if your city has mixer events for single professionals. For example, the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco has once-a-week after-work gatherings for singles that are popular. You need higher-end venues than what you're doing now.

Part of your issue is simply that you're in a new location and feeling like a fish out of water. Give yourself time to get to know people and make friends. Also, learn to enjoy going out alone. It's great! Cultivate a sense of adventure in exploring your new location. Enjoy.
or pay between 50k-100k usa dollars for exclusive matchmakers. I think something like this. (not sure but an example so people can understand)

Morgan-Knight, London, UK
Exclusive Dating Agency | Millionaire Dating | Elite Dating Agency

Since I'm a teenager I won't be active much in talking threads because of my inexperience (plus people probably wouldn't like me talking with them), lack of wisedom plus most of my friends around the world are out riding motor bikes, playing video games, having hiking adventures, doing water sports, working on their music, attending specialized camps etc.

I'm here because I'm helping out a relative mixing music, looking out for tunes most haven't heard in between the World Cup games plus going to buy my new moped.

I can only really relate with the lady who has crushes on movie stars. Or people who don't mind having skype conversations.

But this I can speak about because of my environment.

Rai2111, It's not nice to waste people time.

Last edited by VintageLover; 06-30-2014 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: typed Rai2111 name wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships