Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 03:48 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,026,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
So CD, I would like to know who was your high school crush that you have had growing up. Who was she/he and did you manage to get him/her?
Oh gosh, he was a year ahead of me, he played drums and piano and was SO COOL! I did not get him, not even close, although I think I routinely terrorized him by popping out of random doorways and shrieking, "Hi!" whenever I could manage to get near him.

I once went into the band room after school when he was just noodling around on the piano and arranged myself in what I thought was a seductive way nearby. He just glanced at me and went on playing. I am mortified to admit that I stood there for a good half hour before saying "Well, bye," and slinking out of the room. I sent him a Christmas card that said "I just wanted to be the first to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day." He did not respond, although I was on tenterhooks from the moment I put it in the corner mailbox two weeks before Christmas until several days after Valentine's Day, hoping against hope that he would realize, and let me know, that he liked me back.

That was in 1971. I just recently I found out that he had a career playing piano on cruise ships. I love cruises! Sigh. The one that got away...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Oh Gawwwwd! Hadn't thought about this in years. Literally. I had a way wicked crush on a girl in high school two grades up from me. Oh yea....had it bad. 10 years later, my Mom and Her Dad made us step kin. Lol...

Old 06-29-2014, 04:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Only one comes to mind first thought, Bowie, but I'm sure there were others, I just can't immediately think of anyone else. No real life guys, because I had a boyfriend, you know what I mean, no neighborhood guys and such.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:06 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
So CD, I would like to know who was your high school crush that you have had growing up. Who was she/he and did you manage to get him/her?
Ehh.

I was attracted to a bunch of girls to varying degrees. I really had no chance due to the demographics of my high school. I'm not just saying that either. If I knew what I know now, and went back as a 14 year old, I'd probably still go through high school as a virgin. Even a much better looking guy of my ethnicity would have had it very tough.

There was one girl who was one of the cuter girls in my grade (though not the popular b*tch type) that I had the hots for, but even back then I knew she was out of my league. I was actually optimistic back then and wouldn't find out until many years later about just how tough things were.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:07 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh Gawwwwd! Hadn't thought about this in years. Literally. I had a way wicked crush on a girl in high school two grades up from me. Oh yea....had it bad. 10 years later, my Mom and Her Dad made us step kin. Lol...

That really sucks. LMAO!

Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I didn't have a boyfriend in high school, but in the last year I had a huge crush on a guy who was a friend of some friends and in his 1st year in college. He and I would talk and hang out and we liked each other. Pretty sure he did like me and I was absolutely smitten by him for maybe a year. So we talked and talked and then one day I got the news from a friend that I had been dumped because I wasn't putting out. I was shocked and hurt. Although I was a virgin and probably wouldn't have anyway, it's not like he ever said anything to me (it was all very innocent) or put any moves on me anyway. We barely kissed one time in that year and that was a big deal. Oh well, I guess there were girls more experienced than I was who were putting out for him. A year later I did lose my virginity when I was 18. I see him on social media now and he's married, and I can tell that he has a little thing for me still, but whatever, I am so over him.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:42 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
My high school crush was a nerdy guy my friends and I nicknamed "forehead boy." Idk why I called him that.

His name was Chris, and he was your proverbial omega trumpet playing chemistry nerd.

One day, we parked next to each other, and I was curious about his car bc my cousin drove the same one. I asked him what his MPG was, and I guess it turned him on somehow and he started to ask my friend about me. By the time he had the nerve to do something about it, I had already barely started a new relationship.

But, forehead boy was endearing. He exemplified all the qualities in a guy I always dreamed of- nerdy, innocent, introverted, patient, kind and honest, just an all around upstanding human being.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:47 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Well, I never got any of my high school crushes.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:14 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
I had a few. There was the one in 10th grade who had long hair, wore baggy clothes, and skipped class to go smoking in the woods. He was a nice guy though. No, I didn't manage to get him. I think we only ever spoke once or twice. lol

Then in 11th grade, I moved on to a brainy guy who I had a few classes with. He was very smart and he played guitar. He also played football, and I remember seeing him in his uniform and he had a really cute butt. We worked on the student newspaper together, so we did actually speak a few times, but I still didn't manage to get him. I regret that. We even went to the same college and he gave me his number and told me to call him and I never did.

Oh, and I had another one who I forgot about. I think I was a senior and he was a junior. He was in my math class and he was cute. I went to see our school production of "Fiddler on the Roof" just because he was in it. He's a professional musician now, but I don't think he's straight.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
That really sucks. LMAO!
Tell me about it.! Bwahahahaha! Been getting into giggle spell all day remembering this. I'm feeling' really squirrelly today any way. I'm just...off. one of them days . Hangover drag ass day for my girl after three straight graveyards. So she packed in early tonight. So here I am far just a short Cuz I ain't quite that tired yet, hashing a REAL old memory about.

Yea....its a standing family joke now about that. Lol...real Larry the Cable Guy stuff sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships