Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times

Advertisements

Here's a tip on writing a really good love letter, especially for those who don't think they can't.

Write out a letter like you normally would or at least attempt a love letter then go back over it and start changing everyday words with something more eloquent. A thesaurus comes in handy for this if you are hard pressed.

Practice writing about everyday objects in a very descriptive way without actually stating what it is you are writing about. Something we did often in a creative writing class in college.

Here - What am I writing about?

He slid his hand gracefully across her smooth, dark flesh. Caressing sensitively with his fingers the supple lines and arches......his hands warmed from the once lost familiarity now within his touch. The physical introduction complete, he initiated conversation with just a brush of his fingertips and a reply swept the air in the form of a haunting inviting whisper. He obliged in more intricate dialogue seducing the very breath of her life and producing a heartbeat so strong, so vibrant.

Spoiler
A man playing a piano

Last edited by Thursday007; 07-02-2014 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 05:24 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I have a love letter my grandfather wrote to my grandmother when he was overseas in WWII. It was for Valentine's Day and it was just beautiful and I treasure it.

Frankly, there's nothing more personal and special these days with anything that is handwritten rather than typed on a computer or text messages. I still hand write letters because I enjoy the art of handwriting and liken it to the pen being a paintbrush and the paper its canvass.

It was shocking to know most kids do not know how to read handwriting (cursive) because it isn't taught anymore and everything is on computer. It is becoming a lost art.
My daughter does some beautiful (cursive) handwriting. It is so touching & impressive...

Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Here's a tip on writing a really good love letter, especially for those who don't think they can't.

Write out a letter like you normally would or at least attempt a love letter then go back over it and start changing everyday words with something more eloquent. A thesaurus comes in handy for this if you are hard pressed.

Practice writing about everyday objects in a very descriptive way without actually stating what it is you are writing about. Something we did often in a creative writing class in college.

Here - What am I writing about?

He slid his hand gracefully across her smooth, dark flesh. Caressing sensitively with his fingers the supple lines and arches......his hands warmed from the once lost familiarity now within his touch. The physical introduction complete, he initiated conversation with just a brush of his fingertips and a reply swept the air in the form of a haunting inviting whisper. He obliged in more intricate dialogue seducing the very breath of her life and producing a heartbeat so strong, so vibrant.

Spoiler
A man playing a piano
Oooh thank you the reminder/tip!! I could never be that descriptive but I Love it.
One if my favorite love letter writers was Ronald Reagan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Love letters. I would take very kindly to a letter than was hand written by my SO. I could probably compose a couple of nice love letters myself using my creativity and comedic side. Not something I'd want everyday in a relationship but a hell of a gesture once in a while.
Yes I agree. Thanks for saying.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:10 PM

Someone really loves my Love letters thread. I keep getting lots of anonymous reps.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:47 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I woke up with a sticky note on my forehead that read "Don't call me, I'll call you."

I thought that was kind of romantic. I like when women chase me.
You are the kind of bud I would like to have a pint with. Consider writing comedy . lol

Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 PM

Love letters are nice but I prefer face to face interaction

Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Love letters are nice but I prefer face to face interaction
I do too by a long shot but I still wondered this.

Wait, does this mean you prefer to say romantic lovey dovey things in person? 'Cause, uhh, that's even better.

(I don't recon many men do that actually)

Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Since the barnacle thing was a bomb.

How about a love letter in the form of a limerick.

"My sweet lass, the next time I see ya, I'm gonna smack that nice sweet........."

Old 07-02-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Since the barnacle thing was a bomb.

How about a love letter in the form of a limerick.

"My sweet lass, the next time I see ya, I'm gonna smack that nice sweet........."

Oh, Chow....SMH.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I do too by a long shot but I still wondered this.

Wait, does this mean you prefer to say romantic lovey dovey things in person? 'Cause, uhh, that's even better.

(I don't recon many men do that actually)
You hit the nail. Thats what make it fun in face to face interaction. Letters are fine for when you are away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships