U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 PM

123 posts, read 98,374 times

Advertisements

So I noticed the passenger seat in my BF's car was way different than how I ever had it (reclined and scooted way back).
So I asked him "what did you do today" and if he had anyone in his car and he said no. I then asked if HE had moved it, and he said no (but I know for a fact that I never have the passenger seat like that). Is there another possible explanation or is he lying?

He provided no explanation. Then he got very furious with me and yelled and swore at me and hit objects and started treating ME like -I- was the bad one. He said that me asking him that is implying that he's a cheater and a liar and that that makes him feel "small"
He said, "I gave you my heart and now it's all for nothing.." And it seemed like he was breaking up with me... but the previous day he had just gotten done saying that I was his dream girl and that we're going to get married some day.

He dropped me back off at my apartment furious as can be - he was being cold and distant and not loving and he would cry an then swear and then yell at me and punch the wall and such... he was being bad with me

. . . I don't want to loose him... he has been so wonderful with me (aside from when we get into an argument/fight [like once every two months]) and our souls match so well... I've never felt such a strong connection as what I feel with him. But when he gets mad - it makes me wonder how we can work out being partners for life

I don't know what to make of this or what to do next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 07:37 PM

78,560 posts, read 70,455,727 times
WHOA! ISSUES, girl! Multiple red flags! I would run, not walk, away from this guy. And yes, he's lying. As his extreme over-reaction shows. Who else would have moved the seat? You didn't. He said he didn't. End of story.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-29-2014 at 07:48 PM..

Old 06-29-2014, 07:39 PM

31,613 posts, read 19,939,787 times
1) that's crazy to make a moved seat equate possible infidelity. If I put something in the backseat, passenger side, the whole seat moves.

2) his reaction is crazy over the top.

I'm stumped.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-29-2014, 07:39 PM

17,867 posts, read 17,772,214 times
He's cheating.

I don't know any person who would get so upset because his SO asked such a mundane question.

Or he has very, very bad anger issues.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:41 PM

342 posts, read 347,590 times
Our local radio show does this thing where they try to catch cheater. One of the scenarios was what you just described. The girlfriend was suspicious bcs the passenger seat had changed. Yep, he was cheating.

But that aside, his reaction was over the top. HOw will you resolve issues when you're married and other stuff comes up??

Old 06-29-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
He's cheating.

I don't know any person who would get so upset because his SO asked such a mundane question.

Exactly. Or both.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,150,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
He's cheating.

I agree.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:57 PM

7,621 posts, read 4,868,720 times
The seat being reclined is not enough evidence to suggest infidelity.

Him overreacting violently to a simple question...is very odd.

I agree with the others he does seem to have anger issues. He could slip up and "punch" you, rather than other things and walls. I would distance myself from this "character" if I were you.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
The seat being reclined is not enough evidence to suggest infidelity.
It was reclined and scooted way back. OK, maybe he was hauling something in the front seat, and needed to make room. I've done that, myself. But now she's afraid to discuss it with him. This doesn't bode well for an LTR.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:59 PM

40,425 posts, read 39,951,648 times
What?? Was the dude getting a knobber? Why all the speculation about the seat???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships