Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:25 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times

Advertisements

YES call her or can all of your friends have a bar- b-que and make sure they tell Rachael (I think that's her name) to be there, too. Group settings are always good for this type of situation where it seems there may have been some miss connections.

I hope you do find a way to connect with her, also, may sound a out-of-date, but what about sending her a little bouquet of flowers to her asking if she would like to go out and also say something like we may have had a miss connection, would be great to see you

I hope you do something to try and see this girl again. You'll never know if you don't try. I'm much older and in my circle of lifelong friends there are stories like this about the one that got away . . . and why didn't I just call her . . .

There is no time like the present, you sound like a nice guy and I hope this works out for you ~ Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 12:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
YES call her or can all of your friends have a bar- b-que and make sure they tell Rachael (I think that's her name) to be there, too. Group settings are always good for this type of situation where it seems there may have been some miss connections.

I hope you do find a way to connect with her, also, may sound a out-of-date, but what about sending her a little bouquet of flowers to her asking if she would like to go out and also say something like we may have had a miss connection, would be great to see you

I hope you do something to try and see this girl again. You'll never know if you don't try. I'm much older and in my circle of lifelong friends there are stories like this about the one that got away . . . and why didn't I just call her . . .

There is no time like the present, you sound like a nice guy and I hope this works out for you ~ Blessings
excellent advice.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:56 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
YES.

Do it now.

You can just explain the delay by saying your friend was slow in getting you her number, NO BIG DEAL unless you make it one
Agreed. Just do it.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,190,905 times
Default Just give her a call.

Cbeech80 --- Go ahead and give her a call. You have a long life ahead of you and you have an opportunity to get to know this girl better. As was said before by Ruth, just call her. You will be glad you did.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,762 times
You were wondering if you had waited too long since the wedding, so you've waited another week now just to be sure.

Rachael deserves a guy with the balls to call her.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I don't understand this excuse that too much time has passed, especially since she expressed interest in you to a mutual friend. How much time is "too much" time? Who determines that, her or you, OP? Why are you looking for excuses NOT to call her, if you're into her?

None of it makes any sense from a woman's point of view. And, may I remind you--she's a woman?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't understand this excuse that too much time has passed, especially since she expressed interest in you to a mutual friend. How much time is "too much" time? Who determines that, her or you, OP? Why are you looking for excuses NOT to call her, if you're into her?

None of it makes any sense from a woman's point of view. And, may I remind you--she's a woman?
I wonder if there's a bit of self-projection going on here. First she's a ho sleeping around with 5 guys, and now she's not interested. Haha. I kiiiid!! (He's probably got chicks lining up the block in every corner and Rachel is the only one on his mind?)

OP- your story is a sweet story. You're making a HUGE mistake for assuming and thinking your assumptions to be true.

Logic here:
She + You = Green + Go

You + 2 months? + ph number + no call = No chance. Duh!!

Old 07-06-2014, 11:22 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You can, but you messed up big time. I give you a low possibility now.

Take this as a learning experience. Stop being a teenage girl, make a move on who you're interested in.

I agree with burgler09. If she likes him, she would have called him by now. She might have a boyfriend or something by now.

On the other hand, I am speaking as someone who has nothing but negative or, at best, neutral experiences with women discovering he has feelings for them.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I agree with burgler09. If she likes him, she would have called him by now. She might have a boyfriend or something by now.

On the other hand, I am speaking as someone who has nothing but negative or, at best, neutral experiences with women discovering he has feelings for them.
SHE would have called HIM? He's the one who got HER number. She may not even have his number. She may be thinking he'll call, especially if the mutual friend told her he was asking about her.

aaaauuuuughhhhhh! :headbang: It's amazing the human race manages to reproduce, ever!

Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
(Please don't give the following kind of advice advice! C'mon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

Obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships