Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
My only question is why he spent 43 years without marriage? Does he not like marriage? Does he flit from relationship to relationship? Is there an issue about whether he truly likes women? Does he prefer isolation? Are there some hidden issues there?
Why can't you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I would think he's probably too picky for me or is anti-marriage. Or he kept staying with women who never wanted to marry him.
This is a perfect example of the stigma of not being married. People make assumptions instead of waiting to gather all the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:01 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
43 and never married being a problem is stupid.

I'd rather be with someone never married and didn't settle or be dumb enough to make a wrong choice and divorce. I guess people would rather have someone divorced 2 or 3 times. Because you know, marriage is just something people can throw away.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:05 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
I tell them the truth. I used to be very fat and men don't like fat women. I leave out the fact that losing weight hasn't helped me one bit they are still allergic to me and have been my whole life.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This is a perfect example of the stigma of not being married. People make assumptions instead of waiting to gather all the facts.
I would think that those things as a possibility but that doesn't mean I wouldn't gather the facts from him to find out.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:08 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I tell them the truth. I used to be very fat and men don't like fat women. I leave out the fact that losing weight hasn't helped me one bit they are still allergic to me and have been my whole life.
how fat? and what did you drop down to?

i never knew of a man that was concerned about a woman never being married unless she has multiple children by different daddys

he can find out what he needs to know by listening to her... women tend to give out alot of information when they talk

Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Go for it! I think we're going to start seeing more and more people who chose never to get married or delay marriage until their late 30's or even 40's.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Monkey View Post
It's funny (not funny ha ha, but funny peculiar,) that if someone reaches that age and has one or two divorces behind them, people don't think anything of it, but if they've never been married, surely there's something really, really wrong with them!
There are definitely people who DO think something of it if somebody is that age and has one or two divorces behind them. If you show a pattern of being unable to sustain marriages/making poor choices in who you marry/etc., there are absolutely people who will write you off as a potential partner.

People will always have their biases, and those biases exist all the way across the spectrum.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
What is your opinion? So far he seems like a slice of heaven
My Brother is 54 and never been married, I have an Uncle who was in his 70s when he died and was never married.
What exactly is your point?

Old 07-01-2014, 01:20 PM

88 posts, read 167,398 times
Very lucky to have never been married at 44. At least I know my bank account is safe.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:24 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I would think that those things as a possibility but that doesn't mean I wouldn't gather the facts from him to find out.
Yes, but why would you think those things in the first place? When I meet someone who's divorced, I don't think to myself that they cheated or ran up a huge debt or did something else to cause the divorce. Instead, I give people the benefit of the doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships