Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:58 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergeek View Post
My girlfriend is 21.

Edit: IDT it is "friendly." She has been taking him everywhere for the last week and neglecting me. He lives with my parents in Danbury, and he is coming on the 4th.
Likely sooner if he's going out with your 21 year old girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 04:22 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
I don't know many young women in their early 20's that enjoy "hanging out" with 13 year-old boys unless they teach middle school and have to associate with young teens.

I'm sure most of the male posters here can remember being that age. I know when I was 13, if a cute girl in her 20's liked spending time with me...I'd feel like a million bucks!

People have discussed the concerns over your girlfriend being a predator. I see another issue. Your gf may not have any inappropriate feelings for him, but your brother may have a crush on her. Your brother may treat her nicely while showing great admiration for her. She might be flattered by his attention and may genuinely like him as a person. It's possible that her feelings are completely platonic while your brother has a strong case of "puppy love" but isn't sure how to act on it. She may think it's cute, while he develops more of an emotional attachment.

Let it play out and see what happens. If she offers physical intimacy to your brother and he is willing, I'm sure he'll let you know what happened. If your brother starts to back away from her, most likely she had to let him down gently.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:39 AM

1 posts, read 446 times
i have the same problem with my 15 year old brother I'm 23 and my girlfriend 24. me and her went to a family gathering i went ahead and talk to my older brother in the next room when i came out to grab some water to the kitchen i saw my 15 year old brother pouring her a glass of liquor and she looked like flirtatious .i want it to stay with her but my other brother want it me in the room as if they were planing something its weird. till this day i don't understand.it hurts when its family ,but i won't tolarate disrespectfulness like that . I still keep an eye on my girlfriend to see how she reacts. I asked her if there was something going on she said no multiple times . and she also said to me that it was stupid what i was thinking that i was to jelous to that point . Im not a saint and yes sometimes i get jelouse its normal for a human and specially in a relationship ,but when i involved my family its a different story and i know that because i felted in me . It was so strong a feeling i never felted before . It was as if someone stabbed in me in my heart and chills were running through my veins. i felted real i became blind and death i couldn't hear any conversation . My heart was pounding so fast. I couldn't hold it i told her that i want it to leave because it was getting late. When i we got home i started crying but with out her knowing . Then calmly i asked her and of course she denied it . Now i dont even take her to my moms house i feel like it might happened again and i wont know hot to handle it .

Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim408 View Post
i have the same problem with my 15 year old brother I'm 23 and my girlfriend 24. me and her went to a family gathering i went ahead and talk to my older brother in the next room when i came out to grab some water to the kitchen i saw my 15 year old brother pouring her a glass of liquor and she looked like flirtatious .i want it to stay with her but my other brother want it me in the room as if they were planing something its weird. till this day i don't understand.it hurts when its family ,but i won't tolarate disrespectfulness like that . I still keep an eye on my girlfriend to see how she reacts. I asked her if there was something going on she said no multiple times . and she also said to me that it was stupid what i was thinking that i was to jelous to that point . Im not a saint and yes sometimes i get jelouse its normal for a human and specially in a relationship ,but when i involved my family its a different story and i know that because i felted in me . It was so strong a feeling i never felted before . It was as if someone stabbed in me in my heart and chills were running through my veins. i felted real i became blind and death i couldn't hear any conversation . My heart was pounding so fast. I couldn't hold it i told her that i want it to leave because it was getting late. When i we got home i started crying but with out her knowing . Then calmly i asked her and of course she denied it . Now i dont even take her to my moms house i feel like it might happened again and i wont know hot to handle it .
It sounds like you need professional help. Your reactions are way, way over the top. You became "blind and deaf," your heart started pounding, you got chills, and you started to cry ... over the thought that she might have flirted with your brother. God help her if she ever does anything to really tick you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships