Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,087 times

Advertisements

My long time significant other and father of my second child decided he is not happy in our relationship and broke up with my this week. I am devastated and hurting for both my children and myself. However I know I can't make someone else happy and they have to find happiness within themselves. We talked marriage last week and buying a house. This week he is ready to move on without me.

I know I need to just focus on my kids and myself for the foreseeable future, but one day I want to find a husband and man that wants to join our family. I have young kids.

Is there hope of finding a good man that wants to love my kids and I? I have never sucessfully dated single dads, so I would be looking for a man that does not have kids and does not wish to have any, but a man that is happy to love and care for my kids.

Is this possible? Are their good men like this out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 06:24 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Of course, you just have to find one. A bit hard, but they do exist.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:25 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Plenty of childless men date single moms, so there is hope.

How many single days dads have you dated? I wouldn't rule them out completely.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:35 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
You really should focus more a bit on single dads.... they have a much better understanding of your situation, way way more so than a single guy. Most single guys are clueless as to the demands and energy it takes to raise children.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:36 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
I'm sure you will be fine.

Take some time. Mourn the loss. Move on.

Try to go with the flow of life. If you happen to come across someone you want to be with be with, go for it. If not, don't let it drag you down.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
My long time significant other and father of my second child decided he is not happy in our relationship and broke up with my this week. I am devastated and hurting for both my children and myself. However I know I can't make someone else happy and they have to find happiness within themselves. We talked marriage last week and buying a house. This week he is ready to move on without me.

I know I need to just focus on my kids and myself for the foreseeable future, but one day I want to find a husband and man that wants to join our family. I have young kids.

Is there hope of finding a good man that wants to love my kids and I? I have never sucessfully dated single dads, so I would be looking for a man that does not have kids and does not wish to have any, but a man that is happy to love and care for my kids.

Is this possible? Are their good men like this out there?
So you want nothing to do with men who have kids, BUT you yourself want a man to fully embrace you and your kids? Lol, talk about hypocrisy. I would say most men who have a lot of options, especially if they are under the age of 40, probably wouldn't date a a single mom as a first choice. But I wouldn't say it's impossible, but you'll just have a smaller pool of men to choose from. Me myself, I want to have my own kids one day and not be raising somebody else's, plus I don't want to deal with baby daddy drama, so I would probably never date a single mom.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Don't rule out single dads.

Develop YOUR life and interests.

Use very reliable birth control.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:39 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So you want nothing to do with men who have kids, BUT you yourself want a man to fully embrace you and your kids? Lol, talk about hypocrisy. I would say most men who have a lot of options, especially if they are under the age of 40, probably wouldn't date a a single mom as a first choice. But I wouldn't say it's impossible, but you'll just have a smaller pool of men to choose from. Me myself, I want to have my own kids one day and not be raising somebody else's, plus I don't want to deal with baby daddy drama, so I would probably never date a single mom.
She says she's never had luck dating single dads. But I agree she shouldn't make it a rule that she would never date a single dad. But it isn't the way you're describing it. It sounds like it's something she's already tried that hasn't worked out so far.

I am not a single dad, but I would date a single mom, because I myself never want to procreate, but the idea of raising a kid who's already born is interesting.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:43 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You really should focus more a bit on single dads.... they have a much better understanding of your situation, way way more so than a single guy. Most single guys are clueless as to the demands and energy it takes to raise children.
That's what I never understood about single moms, why the hell don't they just date single dads? Instead of worrying about chasing men who don't want to date single moms.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:45 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's what I never understood about single moms, why the hell don't they just date single dads? Instead of worrying about chasing men who don't want to date single moms.
She says she's tried dating single dads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships