Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:34 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
My friend just learned that she contracted gonorrhea from a guy she recently dated. She's kind of flipping her sh*t, and I don't blame her--I would be too! On the other hand, I am a big proponent of safe sex all the time, every time, so I'm not worried about it happening to me.

Yet apparently when she contacted this douchenozzle to let him know, he said "sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know." As if he had accidentally eaten her yogurt out of the fridge at work, instead of given her an STI!

Now I realize that gonorrhea is treatable early, and I know that stuff happens, but isn't this a bigger deal than this dude is making it out to be? Or has this just become the acceptable risk of dating these days?
Obviously they are doing much more than 'dating' they are having unprotected sex and sharing bodily fluids. I can't imagine someone not even attempting to protect themselves. I have read that even using condoms is not guaranteed protection from an STD but it certainly is worth doing. It is appalling to me that "this dude" is so nonchalant about his sexual health let alone anyone he decides to have sex with.

And is there anyone out there who continues to wonder why there is a segment of the population who just chooses to remain celibate and single; makes perfect sense to me actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrotherlover View Post
yes fleetiebelle especially among the young gay male population it sickens me

tjhere is even a community of gay men who purposely seek out the disease so they can get state benefits. They ee people with hiv living well and healthy and think that will be them too
The moral fiber (or more accurately, the lack thereof) of this country has certainly gone to hell in a handbag. It's beyond saving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 12:40 PM

103 posts, read 129,072 times
There's no guy nor orgasm in the world that would prevent me from insisting that he uses a condom AND that we both get tested.

I have never, and will never have sex with a guy until he is tested. I make it clear once we start dating that this has to happen first, and even after it does, it does not guarantee that we will sleep together.

I value my health way to much for that sh-t

EDIT: I'm in my early twenties, and it's scary the way my peers think...

Last edited by Passion Fruit; 07-07-2014 at 12:50 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,651 times
Surprised at the responses in here. No it isn't really a huge deal these days and most younger people are having unprotected sex. If you catch something you deal with it.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:01 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
Maybe he was really enjoying some guacamole at the time and he was just pissed your friend ruined his appetite.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
To some it's not a big deal... those people tend to be very uninformed. There are four sexually transmitted diseases that are not curable... and the spread of anti-biotic resistant gonorrhea (AKA untreatable) is all over the medical news as starting to become untreatable. If that strain spreads more, it will be five untreatable STDs. Glad your friend managed to get treatment.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:24 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I don't understand why some people don't take the proper precautions.
The root of this and so many other health and social problems we have is the same: America is a nation of instant gratification and no self-discipline. That's why people don't use condoms/birth control, why they have kids out of wedlock, why they can't save money, why 2/3 of us are fat and 1/3 are obese, etc., etc., etc.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:30 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Surprised at the responses in here. No it isn't really a huge deal these days and most younger people are having unprotected sex. If you catch something you deal with it.

Wow. Just... wow.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:05 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The root of this and so many other health and social problems we have is the same: America is a nation of instant gratification and no self-discipline. That's why people don't use condoms/birth control, why they have kids out of wedlock, why they can't save money, why 2/3 of us are fat and 1/3 are obese, etc., etc., etc.

Again, I'm aghast at how many people think if you wear a condom you're all set. Herpes (2) and Genital Warts (HPV) aren't protected against by condoms. Wear a condom, by all means, but there is still risk. If you haven't had sex yet/are young, get the HPV vaccine, both male and females should be getting it. I wish it were available when I was in my teens. I'm all for having sex, but I understand there is both risk and responsibility in doing so.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:09 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Again, I'm aghast at how many people think if you wear a condom you're all set. Herpes (2) and Genital Warts (HPV) aren't protected against by condoms. Wear a condom, by all means, but there is still risk. If you haven't had sex yet/are young, get the HPV vaccine, both male and females should be getting it. I wish it were available when I was in my teens. I'm all for having sex, but I understand there is both risk and responsibility in doing so.
Yes, absolutely. And even things that are protected by condoms aren't 100%. I know of some folks who got chlamydia even though they say they used condoms.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:42 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yes, absolutely. And even things that are protected by condoms aren't 100%. I know of some folks who got chlamydia even though they say they used condoms.
"Some folks" Who are you hanging with? From this old poll no one here seemed to know anyone who had contracted an STD.

Ever get and STD or?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships