Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 AM

457 posts, read 604,579 times

Advertisements

I had some experiences yesterday that illustrated the stark contrast between sober and drunk women. I went to a festival, and tried chatting up groups of women. It worked in one case, but in another case they just seemed annoyed. Regardless, they weren't as friendly as when I went to a bar at night. I chatted up a woman who clearly was working herself up to a drunk state, if not already there, and despite being pretty attractive, she was as chatty as ever. Does alcohol really taint your thinking skills to the point that women that would undoubtedly ignore me in a sober state are outgoing and chatty toward the same person when drunk? Anyway, I think in many other social situations, women would benefit from having that same chill kind of attitude and not writing guys off within seconds of meeting them (unless they are clearly just trying to get in their pants by talking dirty or something).

Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,406 times
Too many assumptions.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:55 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
It's probably just beer goggles.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:57 AM

457 posts, read 604,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
It's probably just beer goggles.
It kind of illustrates though how initially picky women tend to be when meeting someone new if the reaction to a guy talking to you is a complete 180 based upon whether you are sober or drunk.

706 posts, read 1,204,916 times
Interesting

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Unless you talked to the same exact women and had a different reaction from them when they were sober and when they were drunk - you really can't come to these conclusions.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:58 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Alcohol lowers inhibitions. Is that really news?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:59 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
You never know what someone's intentions are.

Which is why so many people are so quick to be skeptical when someone just starts up a random conversation. Bars are notorious for hook ups and mistakes so it's understandable why so many females and some males assume that other people's intentions aren't pure or good.

I'm not going to lie, if a random guy came up and talk to me out of the blue I would be skeptical. The men who have approached me and the ones I have liked turned out to just want me for how I look and when they found out I'm not the type to mess around with just anyone they would walk out. As I said before it hard to see the good in people when you had nothing but bad experiences with trusting and being friendly to others. I am very kind and I would love to trust people, but I'm no mind reader. I never know. It's easier to just assume they are liars and just go about your day. But in the end I do feel like I missed out. SOMETIMES.

A lot of deceivers out there.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:06 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I had some experiences yesterday that illustrated the stark contrast between sober and drunk women. I went to a festival, and tried chatting up groups of women. It worked in one case, but in another case they just seemed annoyed. Regardless, they weren't as friendly as when I went to a bar at night. I chatted up a woman who clearly was working herself up to a drunk state, if not already there, and despite being pretty attractive, she was as chatty as ever. Does alcohol really taint your thinking skills to the point that women that would undoubtedly ignore me in a sober state are outgoing and chatty toward the same person when drunk? Anyway, I think in many other social situations, women would benefit from having that same chill kind of attitude and not writing guys off within seconds of meeting them (unless they are clearly just trying to get in their pants by talking dirty or something).
I have a ton of experience with bars and alcohol.

The main thing alcohol does is turn activities that might be otherwise none too exciting into fun. So, yes, a woman in a bar who you are chatting up may actually enjoy that when ordinarily she would have no interest in talking to you. Notice I said may. The opposite is more prevalent.

Drunkenness brings out obnoxiousness. Yes, more confident, good looking drunk women will be more likely to talk to you than when non drunk. But they are also capable of cutting you down to size. I have seen this a lot and have gotten my share of comments. Women will make fun of your height, size, skinniness, race, haircut, halloween costume, etc. Laugh at you for simply having the gall to flirt with them. Should I go on? Alcohol really brings out the b*tch in women so to speak, with women where it is already there of course. Women are much, MUCH less likely to do that when sober.

More down to earth women will talk to you when drunk, but they'll talk to you when sober too.

Women will not make out with guys they are not attracted to when drunk. Alcohol does not make people more attractive, in general.

In general, alcohol is bad for meeting women for those reasons.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:50 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
OP, have you never been drunk??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships