Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,064 times

Advertisements

[quote=Dewdrop93;35625311]It's really just a waste of time talking to you so I think I'll stop now.

I say the same thing about women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 09:39 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,914,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's really just a waste of time talking to you so I think I'll stop now.

You LET it scar you for life. I was teased. I was ridiculed. I had other girls gang up on me. I cried all the time in elementary school. I had a guys make fun of me. I had people call me fat. I had an eating disorder. But you know what - lots of people get called fat and don't develop an eating disorder. I realize that my own issues were the cause of my problems.

Are you going to continue to let some little girls affect your life today?
No. I shouldn't. But I can't shake this belief that I'm unlikeable.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,058,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Kids are cruel. That's just the way things are. For all the anti-bully campaigns and books and movies and whatnot - it's ALWAYS going to be a problem. That's just life. Only you can decide if you are going to let things that kids says over 20 years ago affect you for the rest of your life or not. I chose not to.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,914,409 times
Quote:
Then find a new therapist. It's important to find one that you connect with.

As for women deserving abuse - I don't think any decent human being agrees with that!
I'm having a free phone consultation with a potential new therapist in a couple weeks.

I agree. I guess the other poster was just trolling.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,617,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger is my friend View Post
I say the same thing about women.
personally i think women are the greatest gift god gave man, next to the promise of eternal life. and us guys turn around and abuse that gift. so is it any wonder that women are wary around men?

Quote:
actually you dont want to shake the belief that you are unlikeable, so you proceed to do things that sabotage you with women.

Quote:
Kids are cruel. That's just the way things are. For all the anti-bully campaigns and books and movies and whatnot - it's ALWAYS going to be a problem. That's just life. Only you can decide if you are going to let things that kids says over 20 years ago affect you for the rest of your life or not. I chose not to.
well said.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:16 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,166,557 times
Quote:
I disagree, one thing that the anti-bullying campaign is teaching is that in situations of bullying it isn't on the person of the receiving end of the abuse but that bullies need to take responsibility for their behavior.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,058,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I disagree, one thing that the anti-bullying campaign is teaching is that in situations of bullying it isn't on the person of the receiving end of the abuse but that bullies need to take responsibility for their behavior.
You think people will stop being bullies because they realize that they need to take responsibility for their behavior? I totally disagree but I guess only time will tell. I'm not saying that they should stop the anti-bullying campaign or that people should stop trying to make a difference - I'm sure it does make some sort of a difference - but there are always going to be bullies and there are always going to be kids that put others down. That's what I believe, anyway.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:59 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,264,487 times
Seriously, all of you who answer his posts are just as much to blame. He's not going to listen to you. Either ignore him or accept that his posts will always be this way.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:10 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,199,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Seriously, all of you who answer his posts are just as much to blame. He's not going to listen to you. Either ignore him or accept that his posts will always be this way.
Pretty much. He seems like a decent guy but he's not looking for any kind of help here. I know it gets labeled as off topic, but it's why I suggest just writing in the blog here. If he just wants to vent, that's the place to go.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,249,236 times
Quote:
I know they're not that bad, but I'm highly sensitive.
This is your answer. I have not read any of the responses on this thread beyond the first page or so, and don't intend to, but I can imagine how it goes. You need to grow some thicker skin, for your own self-preservation. Continually retreating back to the slights suffered when you were a high schooler, etc. is weak, it's dwelling, and it's not helping you, it's only going to hurt you.

You need to get over it. There will always be people who will be jerks to you. People who are jerks QUITE OFTEN don't outgrow it, they simply become adult jerks and continue on their jerky ways. Avoid them when you can. Take them with a grain of salt when you can't avoid them. Surround yourself with decent people. Stop pinning all your beliefs about yourself in life on how crappy people respond to you the way crappy people generally do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships