Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 11:21 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'm sorry, Froggy, but I'm not following this. Can you explain it a different way?
Here's a recent example:

One of my friends is a married RN, so he naturally encounters a lot of women throughout his day. Last week he was talking to one of these coworkers that he sometimes speaks to outside of work. She tells him that he is recently single and asks if he knows any single men. He then gets out his phone and says "Here are some pictures of some of my single friends." He likes to point me out because I am the most "normal" of his friends. She doesn't like them, gags, wretches, etc. In other words she doesn't like what she is looking at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 11:38 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Here's a recent example:

One of my friends is a married RN, so he naturally encounters a lot of women throughout his day. Last week he was talking to one of these coworkers that he sometimes speaks to outside of work. She tells him that he is recently single and asks if he knows any single men. He then gets out his phone and says "Here are some pictures of some of my single friends." He likes to point me out because I am the most "normal" of his friends. She doesn't like them, gags, wretches, etc. In other words she doesn't like what she is looking at.
Thanks for explaining. I see. She asked though. I wonder if guys would ever think to do this without their friends asking.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks for explaining. I see. She asked though. I wonder if guys would ever think to do this without their friends asking.
If I were to guess, it's probably not on there minds most of the time.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If I were to guess, it's probably not on there minds most of the time.
Do you think that's because they just don't think that way, or because they don't want their friends to get together?

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Quote:
Or, does that never cross their mind, unless asked?

Only once I'm 100% sure I can't get them first will I hook my male friends up with my female friends.

2,322 posts, read 923,011 times
Never on my mind unless asked and even then I would hesitate.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Do you think that's because they just don't think that way, or because they don't want their friends to get together?
Probably just has something to do with how a man's mind is.

It also depends on if there guy friends has any female friends, and if they do, they also have to be single and looking. Most of the people are married or coupled up where I live. It's mostly famine when it comes to dating.

I don't expect any of my friends to bring me up as a potential guy for there female friends. They've mostly seen the BS women have said to me and have basically dropped asking me why I am not looking.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Only once I'm 100% sure I can't get them first will I hook my male friends up with my female friends.
LOL! are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrunner View Post
Never on my mind unless asked and even then I would hesitate.
Why would you hesitate?

Old 07-13-2014, 12:33 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Sure they do, some guys. They want to help out their bro's.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:04 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,011 times
Quote:
Why would you hesitate?
Pessimism and purely selfish reasons.

Every now and then me and my friends (my friends and I) hang out in a group. While they are all my friends they wouldn't all necessarily consider each other friends. Some of them do, but not all. If you're in this group and you're single and interested in someone else that happens to be single, by all means go for it. This is a warmer market than trying to pick up someone at a bar. You don't need me.

If you're not adult enough to approach someone else in a group to get to know them better or on an intimate level, I have no confidence that you'll be adult enough to appropriately handle the dissolution of any subsequent relationship that may result from my involvement.

I fear that this would upset the dynamics of the group. I realize that even if they got together without my assistance and it didn't work out there may still be some awkwardness.

As I'm writing this I'm trying to think how I would go about doing it if one of my friends asked me for help. I can't help but think of the notes that were passed around in elementary school:

Do you like me? Check One.
___ YES
___ NO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships