Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,595,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I met this girl online and we have been texting back and forth for a couple months. It is going well we seem to have some things in common the problem is that texting is all we have done. I have asked her to meet but she works two jobs and says she is to busy. I like her and would like to see where it goes but I am tired of just texting and not seeing her and I am not sure I can continue to do this. What should I do?
"Too busy" is a cop-out 99% of the time. If she has time to text you, she has time to see you. I'm speaking generally, of course.

In other words, if she truly liked you enough to take things further, she would find the time to meet.

Move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 02:52 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,760,461 times
Texting a female for several months who does not want to meet you and spend time with you...

Nope, not for me.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:21 PM

50,402 posts, read 36,035,369 times
Quote:
I met this girl online and we have been texting back and forth for a couple months. It is going well we seem to have some things in common the problem is that texting is all we have done. I have asked her to meet but she works two jobs and says she is to busy. I like her and would like to see where it goes but I am tired of just texting and not seeing her and I am not sure I can continue to do this. What should I do?
Stop being available for texting. She'll make time or she won't. Do you really want a gf who hasn't been able to find a couple of hours to meet in MONTHS? What kind of relationship would you have??

My feeling is she doesn't really want to meet, but enjoys the way things are now. As long as you keep texting her, she has absolutely no reason to change anything. You need to find your backbone and be willing to set a boundary, including walking away if need be. You want to be treated with respect, but you need to treat yourself with respect first.

What do you want, a texting relationship or a real life relationship? Stick only to what's getting you closer to your goals in life. If it's not this girl right now, let go and move onto one who wants what you want.

I want to say I do online dating, and I would never in a million years talk to someone this long without meeting, so it's not a case of someone who doesn't understand telling you this.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM

5,290 posts, read 5,211,484 times
If she even had the slightest interest in meeting you, she would have a long time ago. She's already in a relationship, she's just using you for an ego boost.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:34 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,760,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
If she even had the slightest interest in meeting you, she would have a long time ago. She's already in a relationship, she's just using you for an ego boost.
Ok...

Why does she need an ego boost from another man if she is in a relationship?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:41 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,604,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raena77 View Post
she should make time to meet you.otherwise you need to venture to a person that will.

this.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:42 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,604,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Ok...

Why does she need an ego boost from another man if she is in a relationship?

Because some ladies are screwed up like that.

They get their sex from one man and attention from another.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:01 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,397,049 times
Quote:
Sounds fishy. You sure she's not a he?

Old 07-17-2014, 04:05 PM

4,001 posts, read 4,083,988 times
It could be that she is texting you for the interaction and so she has something to look forward to. She can very well just be biding her time until someone IRL comes along.

It's not unheard of to text for months if you are in a LDR, but I agree with others that being "too busy" is generally an excuse. If a person is crazy about another person, they will find moments in the day to send a simple message letting you know they are thinking of you.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:32 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,277,612 times
Quote:
Stop texting and Call her.

Ugh sometimes modern technology gives me the chills. When (or if) you two finally meet in person it's gonna be awkward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships