Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 07:14 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Young women throw themselves at cops. Every time I hang out at night at the crowded strips where cops are needed because so many people are out, the women in packs ignore most of the males and the cat calls, but those same women cat call the police officers and get very excited to see them. Women love men in uniform, and cops are one of them.

Yea, but even if you're really a regular man, you still have to "peacock" and pose that you're rich/successful just to get the time of day and basic respect from the woman you're trying to court.

For example, you just can't expect to pick up a hot good looking woman in a 1982 Toyota Tercel and think she's going to be ok with that. You have no choice but to buy/lease that 2013 BMW M3 so women can visibly see that you have possession over something valuable and has a connection with success.
Okay, so there are a group of young women that throw themselves at cops. No problem with that.

But you must live in a crappy area. Where I am, not much peacocking is needed. Even the homeless get action where I am.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
For example, you just can't expect to pick up a hot good looking woman in a 1982 Toyota Tercel and think she's going to be ok with that. You have no choice but to buy/lease that 2013 BMW M3 so women can visibly see that you have possession over something valuable and has a connection with success.
If you want me to want to be intrigued enough to take a ride in your ride in your car get a Tesla. If you want me to be impressed then redo your car so you can make an iPad handle all the functions that Ford Sync does and work more reliably. Otherwise your car is useless as an attraction device.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 PM

30 posts, read 34,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This probably has more to do with the type of women that you are going after than women in general. I would say that the number of my friends that married men who are cops/firefighters/in the military is relatively small. As for cars - well, I spent most of my adult life in NYC. Cars were a non-issue.
Seconded. None of my friends throw themselves at cops. For one thing, it's a dangerous profession. You never know if your man is coming home or if you have to get him from the hospital, or if bad news is calling from the precinct. It's a high-stress job, and some of the cops don't handle that well. Either way, that stress comes home. A lot of women aren't into blue-collar dudes. Lots of reasons why women aren't attracted to cops.

As for Toyota Tercels, DUDE! The old Tercel wagons (which are a lot older than 1982) are very hot where I've lived in Colorado. They're the best for snow driving, and they still look cool all these years later. Don't knock Toyota Tercels, they were a very good car! You can't speak for all women. We're a diverse bunch. Don't make the mistake of generalizing.

You sound like an insecure guy who has to hide behind flashy crap to compensate for low self-esteem. Either that, or you're hanging with the wrong crowd. Life can be so much better than what you're experiencing. Broaden your horizons. It's a big world out there, all kinds of people. Give it a shot.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:43 PM

30 posts, read 34,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If you want me to want to be intrigued enough to take a ride in your ride in your car get a Tesla..
OK, Calicali, if you had a Tesla, you'd get my attention, I must admit. But you also would if you had a Toyota Tercel wagon. Or a Prius. And btw, some antique cars are irresistible. But a BMW? Seriously? Those are lawyer cars. Snoozer! Try being yourself, and forget the cars. Just be real.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
So me and my cousin go to the same college. We met up with some of my friends and sat a table with about let's say 20 guys. The topic of relationships and women came up. These guys have not asked a woman out in their lives. They won't even talk to a woman at all. I was curious and asked them why. They told me "We just aren't attractive or good enough." They then told me, my cousin, and friends this "Not every guy gets a happy ending, sometimes you have to cut your losses and just accept that women will not find us attractive." Are some men just unattractive to the opposite sex? Be truthful please
That is because you and your peer group are on the young side and at an age where you have unrealistic expectation of perfection. Once you are all older and wiser there will be different priorities, a fun to be around personality, being a good person on the inside, will trump looks or what kind of car you have, anyone who judges by those standards is not worth having anyway.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:14 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
That is because you and your peer group are on the young side and at an age where you have unrealistic expectation of perfection. Once you are all older and wiser there will be different priorities, a fun to be around personality, being a good person on the inside, will trump looks or what kind of car you have, anyone who judges by those standards is not worth having anyway.
Is this the problem here? Good diagnosis! Sounds like someone finally nailed it. But there are always women who are more into personality than a fancy car or model looks. They may not be up to those dudes' standards, though. The OP hasn't mentioned what his friends' expectations are in that respect. It's a 2-way street.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
It doesn't apply to me, I'm in a relationship. It's these other guys (who are some decent dudes) who are scared and too shy to even say hi to a woman.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
It's these other guys (who are some decent dudes) who are scared and too shy to even say hi to a woman.
At some point they will cross paths with someone they hit it off with and are comfortable enough to talk to as if they had known each other all their lives, even if it takes a while.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:53 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
It doesn't apply to me, I'm in a relationship. It's these other guys (who are some decent dudes) who are scared and too shy to even say hi to a woman.
You're original post said nothing about them being scared and shy. It only stated that they deduced they were neither attractive enough nor good enough. That's why they were/are waiting for women to approach them. Maybe like me they realized through observation that if women find a man attractive they approach him. if not, they don't. That may be why they refuse to approach women. Why approach women when clearly they do not wish you to? It's a recipe for repeated rejection with no chance of success.

Last edited by jma501; 07-23-2014 at 04:07 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 02:56 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
At some point they will cross paths with someone they hit it off with and are comfortable enough to talk to as if they had known each other all their lives, even if it takes a while.
Not necessarily. Life doesn't work that way for everyone.

Last edited by jma501; 07-23-2014 at 04:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships