Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM

120 posts, read 118,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
It= I would have met someone.
OK, I"m game. What have you done to try to meet someone you click with? That's not easy, you know, finding that person. What's your strategy, where do you hang out?

Old 07-23-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
It could be a logical conclusion.
NO, not a logical conclusion! Me and my sistahs can attest that just because you don't get approached doesn't mean there isn't someone for you out there, somewhere. You just have to find him/her. And the chances are good that there's more than just one, at least for the short term. Like I said before, it takes time, patience, and that crucial ingredient--optimism! It takes perseverance.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:17 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Some of us just would rather not have to go through tons of rejections just to finally get a number and maybe a first date

Old 07-23-2014, 05:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Some of us just would rather not have to go through tons of rejections just to finally get a number and maybe a first date
This is going to sound offensive - but honestly, I just find that pathetic. You have one life to live. It's pathetic to not even try to find love if that's what you want out of life - and most people want love. It's the greatest thing there is - and it's worth everything. So you shed a few tears. So you feel bad for awhile. The reward far outweighs the price - if you are willing to put yourself out there.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:24 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
I will never understand this mentality. It is like the only dating scenario they can imagine is walking up to a stranger and asking for a number.

And when that stranger declines for reasons you will likely never know, because---hello, it is a stranger with a unique and complex set of needs, desires and circumstances that you, as a stranger, are not privy to---that is some sort of brutal, personal rejection that steals a piece of your soul.

Did dad never teach you anything about getting to know women?

Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
OK. I'm beginning to think women are more programmed for love than men. This is the inescapable conclusion from reading this thread. Men's much-vaunted sex drive is not serving them if this is where some of them are at. I hear you, don't get me wrong, it's not easy. It must be a difference in outlook. Optimism and perseverance are indispensible.

I hope it works out for you eventually.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn--X View Post
Yes, and I wouldn't buy her line about wanting to be single. Having been there, along with my gf's, I know that women who truly want to be single are extremely rare.

(god this is a weird thread!)
Maybe it is a small percentage of women then. I know it's not all women. The ones I've met claimed they wanted to be single and not be distracted by a guy.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I will never understand this mentality. It is like the only dating scenario they can imagine is walking up to a stranger and asking for a number.

And when that stranger declines for reasons you will likely never know, because---hello, it is a stranger with a unique and complex set of needs, desires and circumstances that you, as a stranger, are not privy to---that is some sort of brutal, personal rejection that steals a piece of your soul.

Did dad never teach you anything about getting to know women?
Is this the problem? They're only doing cold approaches? That can work, but you have to have a multi-faceted approach. You have to work all the angles you can. Getting involved in activities with members of the opposite sex is an essential part of that. Especially for us plain, average folks.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Maybe it is a small percentage of women then. I know it's not all women. The ones I've met claimed they wanted to be single and not be distracted by a guy.
I can only suspect that there's more to the story. Were these women you hoped to date? If so, they were letting you down easy. Were they women you were friends with, and you just happened to ask them why they were always single? Maybe they were putting up a brave front. Women need that companionship, those cuddles, and all that good stuff. It's impossible to admit to others that some of us get overlooked. (Except online, haha, where we're anonymous!)

Old 07-23-2014, 05:37 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
I'm just sensitive to rejection especially since I've never gotten a yes..If I had success before then I probably would take rejection a little less personally becAuse I'd know they'res women out there attracted to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships