Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 06:17 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times

Advertisements

There are quite a few men that are unattractive to women, but not so repulsive that they can not attract ANY woman, it is just that said men are not attractive enough to attract a women that they consider attractive, and would rather be single than date a woman that they were not attracted to. I would say as much as 25% of the male population falls into this category.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, they sound attractive. Smart guys who are into helping others, doing charity work, etc? Lots of women like that! They need to get over that fear. Maybe they can all pitch in together on a group counseling situation. That could be cool, and effective.
I should suggest that to them. After all, it's working for me.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:54 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times
I imagine many are but at the same time, many are just unmotivated to put in the work to make positive changes to themselves

Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I think it is shyness. It sucks. You want to reach out but you just can't. Hell, I'm still getting past it.
I have that problem I'm scared to approach random women I do t know what to say I'm not a great conversationalist with people I don't know..

I'm also very scared of rejection..as I said in that post I made I finally talked to a women for awhile and asked for her number at my friends 4th of July party she avoided me the rest of the night and ended up getting my friends number who's good looking. So it's sent me into an even bigger shell..

Last edited by JBT1980; 07-16-2014 at 07:16 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I have that problem I'm scared to approach random women I do t know what to say I'm not a great conversationalist with people I don't know..

I'm also very scared of rejection..as I said in that post I made I finally talked to a women for awhile and asked for her number at my friends 4th of July party she avoided me the rest of the night and ended up getting my friends number who's good looking. So it's sent me into an even bigger shell..

Rejection sucks. It's hard to not take it personally. But if you want a girlfriend you will have to face it. It's inevitable.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:18 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Rejection sucks. It's hard to not take it personally. But if you want a girlfriend you will have to face it. It's inevitable.
I know I'm just sensitive plus the way it happened where I thought we hit it off and she ended up with my better looking friend so it was obviously my looks that held me back..

Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
So me and my cousin go to the same college. We met up with some of my friends and sat a table with about let's say 20 guys. The topic of relationships and women came up. These guys have not asked a woman out in their lives. They won't even talk to a woman at all. I was curious and asked them why. They told me "We just aren't attractive or good enough." They then told me, my cousin, and friends this "Not every guy gets a happy ending, sometimes you have to cut your losses and just accept that women will not find us attractive." Are some men just unattractive to the opposite sex? Be truthful please
I somewhat agree with your friends. Not every guy gets a happy ending.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:28 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
I think it's very important early on to realize you are one of those guys who is physically unattractive to virtually all women.

You won't get approached, hit on, or told you're attractive.

You won't expect it.

You need to gameplan to maximize your success and sitting around waiting for women to think you're hot just isn't going to happen.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I somewhat agree with your friends. Not every guy gets a happy ending.
My uncle recently died of cancer at 70. He never approached a woman or had a girlfriend in his life. Not every man will get a woman.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
Looks are more important to women than it is for men. Men will compromise somewhat when they are ready to settle down, for men it's more about timing... a man may want a beautiful woman but when he realizes that it isn't happening he will lower his standards rather quick even though he will refuse to admit it but he will. Men cut their loses and settle quicker than women do and this is displayed even in other areas such as business.

A key reason for this is because a man who isn't settled by a certain age loses societal connections as most men are not very good with keeping up relationships (it's an inherent biological disposition)...most men get their societal connections through women. There is very well known anthropological evidence to back this up.

Women tend to hold out for what they want. Women are very aesthetically minded by nature, and go back and forth until they are thoroughly sure that it has the look they want, whether it comes to choosing a piece of furniture or a mate, looks dominate although they will vehemently deny it because this is a subconscious choice.

A woman is constantly thinking in terms of her progeny and how gene selection will affect them. IF he is tall I will have tall kids, IF he is good looking my kids are going to be good looking etc.
(in anthropology this is called the Sexy son hypothesis, look it up Why do so many women have a penchant for getting involved with men who cheat? There are so many men who complain why women are crazy about men who treat them like *****... well, the sexy son hypothesis is the explanation. Women subconsciously seek promiscuous men so that the offspring will cheat as well the genetic spread will be greater. This may sound like an abomination to some women reading this but there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to back this up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships