Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
People who refuse to share their food

I've been on dates before where I would ask if I can have a bite of what they're having (since I pay for all my dates ) only to get a mad dog look, nvm lol
When food is that important, brah, she's got issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Like I said, let the flaming begin. I'm allowed to hold the opinions I do, whether you like them or not.

It's embarrassing to me that the minute someone voices an opinion that is not completely jingoistic they are told to leave the country.

Jingoism. Look it up.
See what happens when someone makes assumptions. You made an ignorant and baseless statement, and I challenged it. That doesn't imply I am in favor of aggressive foreign policy. I am very much not a nationalist. Far from it. But I know better than to state or claim servicemembers essentially go into foreign countries and kill people. That claim just isn't true because the majority of servicemembers are not infantrymen, and a good chunk of infantrymen haven't killed anyone.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
mean to kids small animals and waiters.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:34 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i personally abhor puppy mills, i think people that run them should be shot on sight.

on the other hand though, a proper breeder is the way to go. whats the difference? a breeder will usually only breed the best examples, and their dogs are not raised in cages, and you can meet the parents of the puppy you plan to get.

a puppy mill just breeds dogs regardless of the conditions, or the health of the animal, and they keep the dogs in cages all the time.

i am not big on kids either, fortunately that hasnt been an issue for me.

i disagree. when an animal is rescued from the streets, spaying and neutering is actually healthy for the animals, as chances are they have already had a litter or two, so that means more feral animals on the streets.
I don't think I made it clear with breeders. I think it is selfish to get pets from breeders/pet shops/mills etc. when there are dogs and cats dying everyday in our shelters or were rescued by rescues. I couldn't give a damn that breeders take care of their breeds! Buying a dog from a breeder means an animal is dying! Also several breeders are known to actually kill animals who don't have desirable appearances or are blind or deaf. I think the least selfish way to get a pet is to go through a pound, rescue, take in a stray, or take in someone who is about to get rid of their pet.

Obviously breeders are better than mills but I do not support either.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I don't think I could handle having a relationship with anyone in a dangerous field - or what I deem dangerous. I couldn't be with a cop, fireman, military man, etc. I'm way too much of a worry wart. I'd never be able to sleep at night. I know that anything can happen to anyone at any time - but I just don't think I have the constitution to be able to handle that.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You show great immaturity but assuming everyone is an extremist...waving the flag around

You are entitled to your opinion as well as I am....You won't date someone in the military yet will live in a country where you are protected & afforded freedoms because of them. Wouldn't you be more credible if your posts were written from outside the US?

Then again.. this is coming from someone who admitted to being desperate enough to change her dealbreaker for a man shortage. Ya...ok.
Hardly. First off, I never specified US military. It's military, period. Second, I didn't name names, but one of the responses was essentially "leave the country if you don't like it," which is the most common kneejerk response if someone says anything deemed to be anti-American. It's ridiculous.

And thirdly, that was someone else who changed their deal breaker, not me. Sorry!

Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I see the same old same old deal breakers here....
All too common.
One of my own deal breakers happened just recently twice.

I always said I'd never ever allow myself to be interested in a bartender.....
And, of course who do I meet- 2 different bartenders, totally unexpected-
I don't go to bars.....so both chance encounters were serendipity.
Surprisingly enough, both really turned out to be sweethearts.

So never say never.....

My list of dealbreakers revised:

If he's a wh*re or ever been one- or if he's had a history of being w/trashy chicks- yuck
If he's got 500 female friends on Fakebook
If he watches tv excessively
If he's a religious extremist
uneducated
drugs- including pot
arrogant/egotistical

Oh- tattoos & piercings- no thanks
....as in having sex for money?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Like I said, let the flaming begin. I'm allowed to hold the opinions I do, whether you like them or not.

It's embarrassing to me that the minute someone voices an opinion that is not completely jingoistic they are told to leave the country.

Jingoism. Look it up.
I won't flame you. Everyone has a right to their feelings. I feel that way about Hippies. At least the ones who coined terms like "baby killer" and spit on returning servicemen. This happened to my Dad, when we picked him up at the airport after his last tour in Viet Nam. So, I understand your general distaste, from a certain point of view.

One thing that does confuse me is the hatred of the uniform transferring to the person in it. In my case, my dislike is based upon actions, not so much just belonging to a certain group. Things that I ,personally, witnessed and was directly effected by. A person in uniform, is impossible to gauge, just by the uniform alone. If you were personally abused or mistreated by servicemen at some point, perhaps similarly to what Hippies did to my Dad, I wouldn't be quite as mystified.

Nevertheless, this is how you are. I find it ...curious. But I can't hold in against you, and you certainly don't owe anyone explanations. I do hope that one day , perhaps, you might come across someone who might broaden your scope a bit. It hasn't happened for me yet either though. Every Hippy, former Hippy or wannabe Hippy I've ever met has been a fleabag. But, I wish you luck.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:14 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,722,985 times
I will not date someone who... is super religious, hunts, enjoys talking about politics, has an arrest record, is without a job and is not looking for one, has been on drugs or currently is on drugs, drinks a lot, has rotten teeth, is still caught up on their ex.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm also very into environmental issues and would not date someone who doesn't recycle and who has no problem with wasting resources. It's selfish and a deal-breaker for me.

Oh and I have a Siamese cat.....from the pound. I can understand why people kept giving him away. He sounds like a baby being butchered with a set of bagpipes.
Well, he's mine now, and he's family. You don't give away family members.
cats are almost as cool as dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I don't think I made it clear with breeders. I think it is selfish to get pets from breeders/pet shops/mills etc. when there are dogs and cats dying everyday in our shelters or were rescued by rescues. I couldn't give a damn that breeders take care of their breeds! Buying a dog from a breeder means an animal is dying! Also several breeders are known to actually kill animals who don't have desirable appearances or are blind or deaf. I think the least selfish way to get a pet is to go through a pound, rescue, take in a stray, or take in someone who is about to get rid of their pet.

Obviously breeders are better than mills but I do not support either.
wrong. breeders do not have animals that are dying. a proper breeder takes excellent care of their animals, and they take the time to make sure the people that get those animals are the kind of home the breeders want for their animals. breeders dont use cages, and dont breed their animals anywhere near as often as the mills do.

and i have never heard of a proper breeder who kills their animals because they are less than perfect. in fact many years ago we got a queensland blue heeler from a breeder, and that dog was deaf.

please dont confuse proper and good breeders with those that operate like puppy mills, there are MASSIVE differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships