Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 11:02 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Great post! I couldn't rep you!

One thing we don't know, is if she has hormonal issues or depression or something else. I'm hypothyroid and my sex drive wanes when my levels are off. I just don't care at all, it isn't even on the radar. But it sounds like he thinks a spreadsheet works in lieu of a conversation.
Me too...and this was a big symptom for me. I remember telling my husband I didn't care if I ever had sex again, and along with other troublesome symptoms, I decided to seek out the help of a medical professional. Once I was back to my normal self...I couldn't imagine NOT having sex. My drive is usually pretty high unless my levels are off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 11:07 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Kids for us did kill things somewhat for a while (but we still had more sex than most other couples we knew at the time from what we knew)...but once the kids were a bit older we got back in the swing. Literally and figuratively.
Yeah - we aren't worried. Like I've said in other posts - we plan to be with each other for the rest of our lives - this is just a little blip on our sex radar! And besides - we are watching our little babies grow up - what is better than that!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:16 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - we aren't worried. Like I've said in other posts - we plan to be with each other for the rest of our lives - this is just a little blip on our sex radar! And besides - we are watching our little babies grow up - what is better than that!
Most definitely true! Enjoy every minute.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:23 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Wow, what a nightmare, why not just get divorced. Do people just not get that you dont get your time back dealing with this kind of nonsense. If she does not want sex she can go be a cat lady and he can go find someone else.

Of course divorce has become a financial power struggle these days which is sad.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:42 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,750 times
Well I was hoping that he would upload nudie pictures of his EX. Like in the good Ole days. When men would devalue a relationship, but that is not how this is.

This guy just needs to dominate what is his. Otherwise take a leave of absence, and let her worry about things. Apparently his work life has interleveled with his marriage sex life. Remember "Married with Children" and Al Bundy and Peg? Just dominate and tame that thing already. That is his vagina, there is an agreement that says so. How many more years.

Maybe the wife is going thru a problem with her body she is embarrassed about. Maybe she has an STD or even something wrong? Maybe she is becoming senile. Maybe she is cheating ( but I doubt that ).

There are ton of simpletons in the world.....period. This shows how messed up things are at home with these person situation. I wish I could give him some advice. He needs to take what is rightfully his even if she is an, crazy senile witch. So far this man sounds so unforgiven nice.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Me too...and this was a big symptom for me. I remember telling my husband I didn't care if I ever had sex again, and along with other troublesome symptoms, I decided to seek out the help of a medical professional. Once I was back to my normal self...I couldn't imagine NOT having sex. My drive is usually pretty high unless my levels are off.
Yup! Same here! One of the many flags that I need to hit the doctor!

If he was mature he'd have a convo instead of an email. Maybe he read the Nanny Diaries one too many times, and was out of stationary.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
Well I was hoping that he would upload nudie pictures of his EX. Like in the good Ole days. When men would devalue a relationship, but that is not how this is.

This guy just needs to dominate what is his. Otherwise take a leave of absence, and let her worry about things. Apparently his work life has interleveled with his marriage sex life. Remember "Married with Children" and Al Bundy and Peg? Just dominate and tame that thing already. That is his vagina, there is an agreement that says so. How many more years.

Maybe the wife is going thru a problem with her body she is embarrassed about. Maybe she has an STD or even something wrong? Maybe she is becoming senile. Maybe she is cheating ( but I doubt that ).

There are ton of simpletons in the world.....period. This shows how messed up things are at home with these person situation. I wish I could give him some advice. He needs to take what is rightfully his even if she is an, crazy senile witch. So far this man sounds so unforgiven nice.
In case any other posters are confused, no still means no. There aren't special circumstances that cause a no to mean yes or that her no is irrelevant.

Please help me stay on the guy's side here by avoiding statements about how much you own your wife's vagina.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup! Same here! One of the many flags that I need to hit the doctor!

If he was mature he'd have a convo instead of an email. Maybe he read the Nanny Diaries one too many times, and was out of stationary.
He should, definitely. However, having been in a similar relationship in the past, it may not matter. He may have already tried to talk to her about it repeatedly.

I'm not excusing his behavior (or hers, for posting it on reddit), but we only know part of the story.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
In case any other posters are confused, no still means no. There aren't special circumstances that cause a no to mean yes or that her no is irrelevant.

Please help me stay on the guy's side here by avoiding statements about how much you own your wife's vagina.
Yes - guys like that give us all a bad name.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Even when we weren't having it much, I was able to deal with it, because I knew she wanted to want it and couldn't wait to get back into a groove.

I was understanding, and, honestly, *I* was pretty tired, too. Doesn't mean I didn't want it more than she did for a while then, but I knew what the situation was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships