Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 05:19 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times

Advertisements

I was chatting with a man on an OLD site about profiles. He, too, said that he saw selfies of women in bathrooms. Are bathroom photos a trend? What IS that all about?

He said that he is confused as to what women want. I told him that I could only speak for myself. I'd love to see some of the women's profiles, though, but don't want anyone to think that's what I'm interested in. LOL

It would be very interesting to see just how men's and women's profiles compare. I'm willing to bet they are very similar. I'm willing to bet that a high percentage of women's profiles read just like so many others (the same with men's profiles all seeming the same). BUT I'm willing to bet that the profiles of men are very much like that of women - everyone is writing generic, what-the-other-person-wants-to-"hear" descriptions. Suddenly everyone wants to take long sunset-lit walks. How many people do you actually see walking hand-in-hand in the evening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 06:44 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just started an account late last night on POF.

It seems almost every women is looking for a "partner in crime" Lol
A lot of men use that phrase too... let the Bonnie and Clyde's of cliches have each other! lol

You know, since I started an OKCupid profile a day ago, I've received 170 messages! 166 of which are "hi" "hi beautiful" "I like your profile, message me if you like mine" etc. Not one of those 166 answered the basic math question or gave any indication they read my profile. A lot aren't even local, so I am not sure how they expect to date.

Four guys actually did read my profile and answer the question though. One is halfway across the country though (a bit far for me for a complete stranger). But we've been trading scuba diving stories. Another is a man in his 60s (way too old for me) and the third is a local military man, kind of on the young side. But maybe I should go cougar, lol. The last is also looking for a "part time" relationship... but to be fair, I am not really interested in him because he smokes (I tried dating a smoker once, couldn't do it. No matter how much they wash, you still smell it and no matter how much they brush, you an still taste it when you kiss... and it gags me).

It's only been a day though.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
He said that he is confused as to what women want.

What he, and everyone else, needs to wrap their minds about is to stop giving a crud or any mental energy to what an entire gender wants. Focus on what you want and what the person you'd like to be with wants. I couldn't give two craps about what women in general want, I care about what the few women I'd be interested in dating want and how I do or do not fit that.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post

He said that he is confused as to what women want.
The Wife of Bath's Tale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Always a favorite tale of mine. The theme is a knight who goes on a quest to redeem himself by answering Queen Guinevere's question, "what is it that most women desire?"

Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What he, and everyone else, needs to wrap their minds about is to stop giving a crud or any mental energy to what an entire gender wants. Focus on what you want and what the person you'd like to be with wants. I couldn't give two craps about what women in general want, I care about what the few women I'd be interested in dating want and how I do or do not fit that.
rep

Old 07-23-2014, 08:37 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just started an account late last night on POF.

It seems almost every women is looking for a "partner in crime" Lol
They should be looking on Prison Penpals for the real deal.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:52 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Women profiles are hilarious on dating sites too at least POF the only one I ever used. Women headlines like "looking for a nice guy" then their main profile picture is of them with the camera pointed right down at their cleavage... then you read more and it says "not here for a hookup so keep it moving" lol
I noticed that too.

I've seen a lot of women aged 30-35 (what I search for) that still act 20-25 with the loud proclamation "NOT HERE FOR HOOKUP" or "NO GAMES, NO DRAMA" or something like that, but 4 out of 5 of their profile pics are shots of their cleavage, butt, or stomach shot in a bathroom mirror.

Really hard to take them seriously when their biggest asset is their...well ass.

POF is full of "bathroom selfies" and "car selfies". At least for entertainment, I try and guess the car the person is and send them a message asking if i was right. I've kinda given up on POF. I'm getting better results on OKCupid, but still haven't found anyone worth meeting yet.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:17 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I've seen a lot of women aged 30-35 (what I search for) that still act 20-25 with the loud proclamation "NOT HERE FOR HOOKUP" or "NO GAMES, NO DRAMA" or something like that, but 4 out of 5 of their profile pics are shots of their cleavage, butt, or stomach shot in a bathroom mirror.

Really hard to take them seriously when their biggest asset is their...well ass.

POF is full of "bathroom selfies" and "car selfies". At least for entertainment, I try and guess the car the person is and send them a message asking if i was right. I've kinda given up on POF. I'm getting better results on OKCupid, but still haven't found anyone worth meeting yet.
I wish I could ask these people why they say no hookup and then present a photograph of their sexual body parts.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Thank you!
See? there you have it a beautiful woman who agrees with me what can be greater than that?

Old 07-23-2014, 10:36 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I wish I could ask these people why they say no hookup and then present a photograph of their sexual body parts.
They're simply seeking validation or attention. They want attention, but likely not from the majority that are giving them said attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships