Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:46 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times

Advertisements

Any type of controlling behavior whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 10:14 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
withholding sex, being a "female dog"(not just to me but to anyone in my presence who doesn't deserve it, people in the service industry in particular), trying to manipulate or control me, thinking that she is a special princess who can get away with anything she wants and who has everything paid for her/done for her and it's an insult if I don't go along with it. It's usually not just one thing that does it but a combination of things.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:24 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Having nothing to say contributing to a conversation but agreeing with every thing .
Tells me
a. she doesn't know what she thinks,
b. afraid to tell me what she thinks,
c. trying to gain my approval, regardless of what she really believes.

Lies about ,
1. her past,
2. her activities, hobbies, sports, athletics,
3. previous relationships,
4. gossip,
5. blame game,
6. promiscuity.
7. spiritual depth.

Buys me things, and tries to buy my approval or compromise.
I compromise with reason, not with emotion.
I give approval with honesty and discipline .
These are expected out of me , I expect it out of some one I am connected to.
My connection to her is a reflection of my choices to others, what my values are.
If she does not hold to the same values ,both our children, and other will be confused as to what our values are.
It is a mistake to attempt to change some one to fit , this is a very old, hard lesson to learn, never the less critically important.
If you think your better than the thousands that have made this mistake, then by all means ignore the warning.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:37 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Wow, so many guys in this thread appear to have never been in love, and have no idea what relationships are. And yet they feel qualified to post!

Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Wow, so many guys in this thread appear to have never been in love, and have no idea what relationships are. And yet they feel qualified to post!
LOL, please, do tell then. Love does not mean being a doormat for a controlling, manipulative, b*tchy, spoiled brat of a woman. There are plenty of women out there who have none of those traits.

Besides, this thread isn't about love, it's about the early stages of a relationship and what behaviors/traits make us men run the other direction.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparkz View Post
What are some behaviors that immediately make you lose interest in a woman?

A few for me:

Constantly on the phone. Can't go 5 minutes without texting or making a phone call.

Needy. Getting super clingy after a few times hanging out

Hardcore feminist views

Expects to be catered to. Makes it very clear you should be paying / driving / taking care of her 24/7

Doesn't know how to cook and wears it like a badge of honor
Mine are a ...bit...different. Mine:

Alcohol and drugs to abuse and excess. Total deal breaker. I would be gone at mach speed.

Hasn't held a job and is always "between". Yea....between everything.

Total whining about her life. Can't make it. Giving up attitude. As if someone should rescue her based on very limited merits.

A sense of entitlement based on looks alone. I absolutely despise this trait in a woman. It just screams " material girl" with zero depth of character.

As I've grown older , and find myself unmarried, I look for something special. I found it. Just ain't married her yet, but I will.

As we age, we look less at annoyances and more at real differences. That won't work.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:19 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparkz View Post
What are some behaviors that immediately make you lose interest in a woman?

A few for me:

Constantly on the phone. Can't go 5 minutes without texting or making a phone call.

Needy. Getting super clingy after a few times hanging out

Hardcore feminist views

Expects to be catered to. Makes it very clear you should be paying / driving / taking care of her 24/7

Doesn't know how to cook and wears it like a badge of honor
It depends,

But lying is a big red flag for me.

Being overly critical and judgmental as well.

If you wanted to be with me, you'd accept me as I am. I'm your date / boyfriend, etc. I'm not your project. Find someone who is more in line with what you want.

Many other things would depend on a lot of other factors.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:21 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Being overly critical and judgmental as well.

If you wanted to be with me, you'd accept me as I am. I'm your date / boyfriend, etc. I'm not your project. Find someone who is more in line with what you want.

This is probably my biggest one. I like me for who I am and where I'm at. If you do not, keep looking.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:43 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Changing the channel on my tv, with my remote control, gets her the boot real quick. Can't develop a relationship like that.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:58 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Lack of accountability
Making excuses for behaviours
Not willing to see both sides of an argument

Basically the "my **** don't stink" types

They come in many forms from "nice" people to straight up aholes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships