Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:48 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Well maybe you should stop paying attention to them. Just because they may do it, doesn't mean you have to be like them.

Don't let other people set guidelines on how to live your life.
well it sucks missing out on your young, youthful years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 12:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
well it sucks missing out on your young, youthful years
You probably don't even really know how they are getting those girls.

They could be pretending to be someone else, and not being themselves. People my age and younger often play games with one another and are very naive to these types of things. It is very rare to actually find true love when you are young. Hormones can easily mimic those feelings, and when it wears off it causes a great deal of emotional pain.

All I am saying is, you should really focus on yourself, and your time line. I believe just about everyone wants to experience what a relationship and love feels like. I am one of them, but you can't set your expectations based on what everyone else is doing. You'll never be happy that way because you won't be focused on what it is YOU actually want.

If focusing on getting a girl and getting a relationship is making you bad about yourself then focus on something and quit focusing on other people.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You probably don't even really know how they are getting those girls.

They could be pretending to be someone else, and not being themselves. People my age and younger often play games with one another and are very naive to these types of things. It is very rare to actually find true love when you are young. Hormones can easily mimic those feelings, and when it wears off it causes a great deal of emotional pain.

All I am saying is, you should really focus on yourself, and your time line. I believe just about everyone wants to experience what a relationship and love feels like. I am one of them, but you can't set your expectations based on what everyone else is doing. You'll never be happy that way because you won't be focused on what it is YOU actually want.

If focusing on getting a girl and getting a relationship is making you bad about yourself then focus on something and quit focusing on other people.
well I don't want to reach a certain age where i'm too old to be able to attract and date a girl who is in her early 20's

Old 07-30-2014, 01:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
well I don't want to reach a certain age where i'm too old to be able to attract and date a girl who is in her early 20's

Chances are by the time you're that age you'll have zero desire to attract and date a girl in their early 20s, so it will be a non issue. I thought the same way when I was in my 20s, but by my early/mid 30s 21-23 yo women looked like high schoolers.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:46 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
In my experience, my luck with them is about as good now at age 31 as it was when I was 21. Probably a little better, because I'm far more confident, even though I'm in slightly less good shape than I was at 21 (need to lose about 10 lbs and tone up).

I have all my hair, which is a huge advantage. Unfortunately for some guys they get the male pattern baldness & it makes them look old, quick.

Quote:
by my early/mid 30s 21-23 yo women looked like high schoolers.
This is true though. The younger ones are not significantly better at sex than women my own age and the ones I tried to date were emotional wrecks. I got really tired of their confusion about life and vapid attitude.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:59 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Lie? When does it come up at all?

You're making out with a chick and about to get nekkid and suddenly they're like: "Before we bang, I want to know how experienced you are?"

Give me a break.
Yeah, this kind of thing doesn't come up.

Reminds me of the flawed belief that you have to be ripped to get laid (I wish I was making this up). As long as you look alright in clothes you are fine, a woman isn't going to bring the hookup to a halt just because you end up having a couple extra pounds hanging off your midsection when the clothes come off. If the clothes are coming off you are fine.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:06 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
If a guy is 25 years old and a virgin chances are he's not "good looking"
Or just confused about his sexuality and stuck in limbo at the moment.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Well knowing how to approach and talk to girls in order to attract them seems like common sense to the majority of guys by their late teens and early twenties
Yeah, but that whole process of talking to girls and trying to attack them and get into their pants -- that all requires massive amounts of game playing and, for a lot of guys, being phony. It's considered the cool thing to do -- to play that whole social/dating/mating game -- but many guys (and girls for that matter) are simply not good at or, in some cases, unwilling, to play those games. People who are either very shy and/or introverted, or people who are not into conforming to all the cool social rules of the day (non-conformists), are often the ones who don't partake in all of the expected social/sexual behaviors during young adulthood. But I do realize that conformity is not always bad, and that by 'playing the game' you often increase your chances of success -- but many people find that whole process to be disingenuous, confusing, tiring, and fake.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Or just confused about his sexuality and stuck in limbo at the moment.
Seriously....

Who comes up with this stuff?

Old 07-30-2014, 07:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
he might be more than a buddy.??? he might not be looking for a girl???.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships