Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:12 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Boy View Post
So its our second date, things are going great (at least I thought). She gets up to go to the bathroom. I wait for a few minutes, find it odd its taking a long time, then ask the waitress if she's seen her. The waitress says no, and says she thinks she left. I'm sort of bewildered and stupidly pay for her $30 lunch. (I should have left the restaurant the woman's number and not paid).

Ugh. I feel stupid and worthless. How can people be like this? The weird thing is, her profile is all about how she tries her hardest to be kind to people etc.
Why didnt you do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 03:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Yet, we have had entire threads of men that have admitted doing this to women on 1st dates, and they are fully justified in doing so.... My, how we have a double standard!
Oh, please go and dig up a thread where a man has up and walked out on a date and NOT been scrutinized to h*ll and back.

I'm not going to wait, because I'm pretty positive that you won't dig one up that isn't old as dirt.

You know the last guy who did this to a woman got beat like a drum by both genders, so this is not a double standard.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:12 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
It's clear to me that she didn't make it to the bathroom and pooped her pants.

Now she's too embarrassed to tell you what happened.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It's clear to me that she didn't make it to the bathroom and pooped her pants.

Now she's too embarrassed to tell you what happened.
She may have. Or she may have been on her period, and, well...

Old 07-24-2014, 06:47 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
I would never just walk out on someone leaving them wonder...I will just be upfront and tell them. I have stopped a date and got up and said "it's obvious we are too different lets call it a night" and just left. But I'm a man a lot of woman are afraid to be honest because they think we will run home and cry LOL

Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 PM

120 posts, read 118,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Why didnt you do that?
That's what you should have done, OP. Don't let anyone take advantage of you. Can you think of anything that happened in the conversation that might have offended her? Her departure was rude and uncalled for.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I would never just walk out on someone leaving them wonder...I will just be upfront and tell them. I have stopped a date and got up and said "it's obvious we are too different lets call it a night" and just left. But I'm a man a lot of woman are afraid to be honest because they think we will run home and cry LOL
What if you pooped your pants though? What would you do in that situation?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
Since everybody has to poop and it is not always controlled, I would have left and sent a text about what happened. If he still wanted to see me, knowing that I couldn't always control my poop, that would tell me that he really liked me.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Since everybody has to poop and it is not always controlled, I would have left and sent a text about what happened. If he still wanted to see me, knowing that I couldn't always control my poop, that would tell me that he really liked me.
This post was hilarious and heart warming at the same time. Lol!

Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
If someone is having a bowel situation, he/she is not going to first go through the explanation to the date. The person goes directly to the bathroom, and he/she doesn't make it on time, well, it's time to escape and go home to clean up. Very, very embarrassing!! It's the kind of situation that you almost don't know quite how to explain without seeming unclean and undatable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships