Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:46 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,585,975 times

Advertisements

Figured I start a thread so people can post their recent experiences on that awesome site POF (sarcasm)

So here goes my recent experience as of today. By the way i'm a male in my mid 30s

So 2 days ago was basically my first conversation with this one girl on there she is 32. I initially contacted her first because she looked like a really sweet girl and not the type with her nose up in the air. No kids, doesn't smoke etc..

So we exchanged messages back and forth for like 20-30 mins then she offers her phone number asking if i wanted to call her. I was late like 11:15 I said thanks for the number but kind of late to call and start a conversation but we did text for like 10 mins before we went to bed. Her first text message was "so what are you looking for" I said "a nice girl that doesn't play games" she responded "a sweet, honest, faithful guy who can commit" Then another message right after that "someone who is looking for a best friend"

So yesterday I texted her in the afternoon simply "hi melissa" and no response back that day. So today I figure I send another text "just saying hi hope everything is ok"

She responds back "sorry i have been really busy" I didn't send anything back yet and another message came in saying "there is someone that i know that i'm interested in so i'm going to pursue it"

my response was simply LOL and nothing else. number is deleted.

This is pretty much how women are on that site. They want honesty yet they play the biggest games how ironic. Had another similar story like that about a few weeks ago again gave me her number really quick without me asking for it.

Why do these "women" give out numbers when they just want to play games? I don't get it. It happens pretty frequently that I now laugh and don't even take it serious anymore.

Lets hear your recent experiences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
I don't have any experience with the POF site, but I have been a member of Christian Mingle, Match, and e-Harmony. For all of my experience, I did not have one single local date. Christian Mingle was good for talking to some ladies, a couple which probably could have escalated into dating at least if they weren't 500 to 1000 miles away from my location. So we had some good conversations. Keep in mind I am Christian.. don't recommend CM for people that aren't.

I think the sites are notorious for trying to find that "perfect" man that doesn't exist. They're there to see if their fantasy man is for real.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Why do these "women" give out numbers when they just want to play games? I don't get it. It happens pretty frequently that I now laugh and don't even take it serious anymore.
Cold feet and "I've met someone else" is the easiest and most plausible excuse to come up with, especially if you are talking to someone from an online dating site.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Cold feet and "I've met someone else" is the easiest and most plausible excuse to come up with, especially if you are talking to someone from an online dating site.
If you have cold feet why give out your number and so quickly?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Figured I start a thread so people can post their recent experiences on that awesome site POF (sarcasm)

So here goes my recent experience as of today. By the way i'm a male in my mid 30s

So 2 days ago was basically my first conversation with this one girl on there she is 32. I initially contacted her first because she looked like a really sweet girl and not the type with her nose up in the air. No kids, doesn't smoke etc..

So we exchanged messages back and forth for like 20-30 mins then she offers her phone number asking if i wanted to call her. I was late like 11:15 I said thanks for the number but kind of late to call and start a conversation but we did text for like 10 mins before we went to bed. Her first text message was "so what are you looking for" I said "a nice girl that doesn't play games" she responded "a sweet, honest, faithful guy who can commit" Then another message right after that "someone who is looking for a best friend"

So yesterday I texted her in the afternoon simply "hi melissa" and no response back that day. So today I figure I send another text "just saying hi hope everything is ok"

She responds back "sorry i have been really busy" I didn't send anything back yet and another message came in saying "there is someone that i know that i'm interested in so i'm going to pursue it"

my response was simply LOL and nothing else. number is deleted.

This is pretty much how women are on that site. They want honesty yet they play the biggest games how ironic. Had another similar story like that about a few weeks ago again gave me her number really quick without me asking for it.

Lets hear your recent experiences
I think the longer you wait to actually ask her out, the more likely it is that you are never actually going to see her in real life. By spending time trading texts back and forth you are bleeding emotional momentum. The initial rush of interest goes away pretty quickly. If you don't ask her out right away she will assume that you are not interested.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the longer you wait to actually ask her out, the more likely it is that you are never actually going to see her in real life. By spending time trading texts back and forth you are bleeding emotional momentum. The initial rush of interest goes away pretty quickly. If you don't ask her out right away she will assume that you are not interested.
So I got her number after about a half hour of chatting on the site, then 10 mins of texting I should have asked her out? When was I supposed to propose? lunch time the next day? haha

Old 07-24-2014, 04:13 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
So I got her number after about a half hour of chatting on the site, then 10 mins of texting I should have asked her out? When was I supposed to propose? lunch time the next day? haha
Well, then why do you accuse her of playing games? What games exactly did she play with you?

You guys are not dating and she failed to respond your one text right away, and now she is playing games? Maybe she did find somebody she is interested in.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,533 times
I've a good experience for the most part when I was active online dating. I became a serial dater. I even met my husband at POF.

I never give out my number. And I prefer to meet ASAP. If the guy does not want to meet after a day or 2 of 'talking'. I am NOT interested.

I prefer knowing them in PERSON.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:20 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,222 times
Haven't there been multiple threads on this topic?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:22 PM

600 posts, read 824,288 times
I'll offer my own advice and women can either chime in or not to confirm this.

As a guy with online dating, if a woman is interested in you, you need to make a move quick. If you think you are just going to chat or text back and forth for days on end forget it. Women in particular online (younger moreso) are constantly getting messages from other guys online.

The goal is to get her off a dating website which she probably does not want to be on, and meet in person. The online portion is merely a way to meet people. Look my messages to this girl in this post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/35786505-post103.html

We messaged and met that night.

Based on your original post, the girl was basically looking for sex that night which you failed to recognize LOL.

Lesson learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships