Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more difficult?
Losing weight, eating healthy and exercising 3 11.54%
Becoming funny, easy going, "intelligent", rich and confident when you were otherwise not 23 88.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 02:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Most people can't change because they are a cardinal sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 02:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
I will say the 2nd one, because I did a bit of the 1st one.

I used to be pretty big-for my height. I was around 150-164 lbs. Years ago, so I don't recall the exact weight. But it was in that range for sure. But I am now down to 120s. I plan to do more exercising as well. My mother goes to the gym. I may do that when I get the chance.

But with the second, is changing personality, and that's hard.

Both are doable. The 2nd choice just takes more, and can be a timely process.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:00 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
It's more difficult to "become funny intelligent and rich"

For the most part, you are either funny or you're not, same goes with intelligence, stuff can be learned, but native intelligence isn't something that can be learned in my opinion.

Same with comedy.....

Losing weight... while it's hard as hell, it can be done by just about anyone.

Last edited by Chowhound; 07-26-2014 at 03:40 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 12:57 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Most people can't change because they are a cardinal sign.
What does this mean?

Old 07-27-2014, 05:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Neither option is easy unless one is born into money or has inherited assets where he or she can change is looks, spend more money on creating opportunities, learning new things and staying fit. I voted for the section option due to the fact as that as we get older your personality does not drastically change, being easy going which for me translates to being open minded and laid back is not easy especially for those who are native to the North East urban corridor, and will take some times to drop those types of characteristics. Intelligence takes time as well as money. How much more debt can one incur by keep on going to school and learning different things. Last becoming rich is not easy. I wish I was rich, but I have to bury my luck in playing lotto tickets. For those with money in this country its mainly inherited which is the fastest way to earn wealth, along with our current stock market.

I'm sure this thread is more geared to guys and is for the guys instead of the ladies. I have to admit, depending on your social circle and or circumstances, having a college degree, being decent, having a great personality does not mean squat for your average woman these days. Maybe loosing some weight or becoming attractive might help gravitate more women into your circle. I have seen guys with personalities of a rock, in and out of jail and broke, below decent, but women love them. On the other hand you have the women who want the best of everything, selfish, entitled, wannabe elitist spoiled women who desire a man with an education, well traveled, greatest personality, being beyond decent and a man that is rich. Over the years I notice the two extremes in certain types of women. Not all men have these characteristics that women want and the only thing I see that can be improved for average men is confidence which can be used for motivation for a better job, loose weight, becoming rich and so forth.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:47 AM

432 posts, read 361,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadCrumbs View Post
Also I am assuming what is more difficult is also more shallow to expect of the other.
Oh... That was actually a REALLY hard decision. BOTH of these options require a strong positive mindset. But ultimately, one is harder than the other simply because you're putting yourself out there a lot more. Improving yourself from, what I call a "Loser Slate" is very very very difficult. In fact, I don't think you would be able to loose weight/get in shape without conquering this first. But even so, it is still very easy to lean toward a more egotistical attitude once you get in fit.

You don't see with your eyes you perceive with your mind.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:49 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's more difficult to "become funny intelligent and rich"

For the most part, you are either funny or you're not, same goes with intelligence, stuff can be learned, but native intelligence isn't something that can be learned in my opinion.

Same with comedy.....

Losing weight... while it's hard as hell, it can be done by just about anyone.
You saved me the keystrokes Chowie! Thanks

Old 07-27-2014, 06:12 AM

20 posts, read 18,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn--X View Post
It's not a fair comparison. Losing weight and eating healthy, vs. all those other things? How are you supposed to become rich? Funny, easygoing and confident are do-able. Intelligent may be too, if you're willing to go to school or develop your mind in other ways.

Losing weight and eating healthy aren't enough to attract a mate, btw, if that's what you were thinking, op. And why would it have to be either--or? You stay in good shape AND work on yoru confidence and social skills.

It''s all of the above. lol! Except "rich". You have your work cut out for you, OP.
No it's not fair but this is essentially the bar to entry for women vs men. One sex says hey just become healthy and the other says change who you fundamentally are at the core. What's worse is things like being funny, intelligent, and rich are actually relative things. It's not possible for us all to be funny, intelligent or rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships