Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 PM

226 posts, read 614,508 times

Advertisements

I have this guy friend whom I was infatuated with maybe even in love with. I always resisted though cause of so much drama. I will explain if you want me too. It's just a lot of drama, but one of them was the fact that he kept pulling disappearing acts on me, and then he would reappear in my life and act like he's my boyfriend and act like he is so in love with me, and declared his love for me, then I wouldn't reciprocate and then he would disappear and I wouldn't hear from him from weeks to months at a time. It was the same repeated cycle, and I never had sex with him. Well I just came to the point in my life, that I should just cut him out instead of having this in and out, flip flopping, behavior in my life, even though I don't want to let go, I am forcing myself to let go, cause I really do care about him.

Well 2 months have passed haven't heard or seen him. Out of the blue he calls my dad to see if he has any work for him to do on his day off, (he used to work for my dad's construction company but now he is working with a landscaping company) Anyways, my dad says "Let me call you back. Ashley is with me and she has to drive me to pickup material" Then my dad calls him back and he says "Yeah I texted Ryan (my brother) a pic of this hot girl i'm going out with. She's really hot" First of all, why would he text my brother pics of this "hot girl" when he is not even close with my brother? He worked with him a couple of times, but he is not super close to him and he texted him that out of the blue. Also why would he mention it to my dad? I noticed it was on the second call he mentioned this girl. Another point is he has a good job with a great pay and he doesn't have high expenses and he works full time, so why wouldn't he want to enjoy the day off? I work full time and go to college so I cherish my days off! lol. I am despising him more after this, but I am more curious about the behavior than him. Is he trying to make me jealous? If so what is he trying to prove or what is he trying to accomplish? What does this sound like to you? I am still sticking to my guns to cutting him out of my life, I just want to know more about guys that play this jealousy game is all. But just give me your opinion on it! Thank you so much! Please no bashing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 01:45 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
I think he's doing a good job in making you jealous

Old 07-27-2014, 01:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Wait......which guy is this now? Cripes, I keep loosing count.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:54 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
What does this sound like to you?
Games. Pretend it never happened. Who talks like that to an ex-gf's dad, anyway? It's not normal. It shows bizarrely bad judgment. It sounds like he's ticked that you dropped him, as if it wasn't his fault, and now he's trying to prove something.

You've moved on. Stay moved on.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Wait......which guy is this now? Cripes, I keep loosing count.
Lol, it's a new fella. Not affiliated with the other ones

Old 07-27-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think he's doing a good job in making you jealous
I'm not jealous, I'm curious about the behavior and why he would do that.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Games. Pretend it never happened. Who talks like that to an ex-gf's dad, anyway? It's not normal. It shows bizarrely bad judgment. It sounds like he's ticked that you dropped him, as if it wasn't his fault, and now he's trying to prove something.

You've moved on. Stay moved on.
I'm sorry I didn't specify. No, we never dated nor did we ever had sex. He is just a platonic friend, that I knew for quite some time, but seems to be pulling in some head games lol. Sorry for that, but thank you so much for your input!

Old 07-27-2014, 02:10 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Does this one work for your dad?
Is this Jim, John, Mark, Paul, George, Ringo, Mickey, Don, Dennis, or some so far unknown I can't figure out yet on my own what these guys want, how to grow up, how to leave men alone and how to live my life without some dramatic OMGoodness what should I do issue?

Old 07-27-2014, 02:15 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,479 times
Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't specify. No, we never dated nor did we ever had sex. He is just a platonic friend, that I knew for quite some time, but seems to be pulling in some head games lol. Sorry for that, but thank you so much for your input!
No, he's not a platonic friend. Platonic friends don't do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki;
he would reappear in my life and act like he's my boyfriend and act like he is so in love with me, and declared his love for me,
So, it sounds like he was into you. You didn't reciprocate. He went off feeling rejected. So now, he's fighting back. You made him feel like a loser, so now he's proving he's not a loser. Simple.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
I have this guy friend whom I was infatuated with maybe even in love with. I always resisted though cause of so much drama. I will explain if you want me too. It's just a lot of drama, but one of them was the fact that he kept pulling disappearing acts on me, and then he would reappear in my life and act like he's my boyfriend and act like he is so in love with me, and declared his love for me, then I wouldn't reciprocate and then he would disappear and I wouldn't hear from him from weeks to months at a time. It was the same repeated cycle, and I never had sex with him. Well I just came to the point in my life, that I should just cut him out instead of having this in and out, flip flopping, behavior in my life, even though I don't want to let go, I am forcing myself to let go, cause I really do care about him.

Well 2 months have passed haven't heard or seen him. Out of the blue he calls my dad to see if he has any work for him to do on his day off, (he used to work for my dad's construction company but now he is working with a landscaping company) Anyways, my dad says "Let me call you back. Ashley is with me and she has to drive me to pickup material" Then my dad calls him back and he says "Yeah I texted Ryan (my brother) a pic of this hot girl i'm going out with. She's really hot" First of all, why would he text my brother pics of this "hot girl" when he is not even close with my brother? He worked with him a couple of times, but he is not super close to him and he texted him that out of the blue. Also why would he mention it to my dad? I noticed it was on the second call he mentioned this girl. Another point is he has a good job with a great pay and he doesn't have high expenses and he works full time, so why wouldn't he want to enjoy the day off? I work full time and go to college so I cherish my days off! lol. I am despising him more after this, but I am more curious about the behavior than him. Is he trying to make me jealous? If so what is he trying to prove or what is he trying to accomplish? What does this sound like to you? I am still sticking to my guns to cutting him out of my life, I just want to know more about guys that play this jealousy game is all. But just give me your opinion on it! Thank you so much! Please no bashing!
You don't despise him. The opposite of love isn't hate...it's indifference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships