Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Well, of course I would JJS99, under the right circumstances. I am a down to earth person, and try not to be judgmental. The only things that would make someones circumstances or situations stand out to me would be ones that 'they' were completely overwhelmed by. Ones that they couldn't get over. Ones that they allowed to dominate their lives and 'ruin' them.
Great thread foclampt

Now that I can see your picture, I see you are as lovely on the outside as I already knew you were on the inside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 09:43 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,102 times
Thank you LovesMountains! You are a lovely person yourself!

Old 07-27-2014, 09:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I was actually considering doing what you are doing.

Going online and posting my very worst pictures. Maybe even take 3 or so inches off my real height.

I figured at that point, the type of women who would respond would be the type of people I am looking for. That is, IF any responded.

I think once you ask for leniency and give leniency, then you enter a tricky area. You are doing what most here would call 'settling'.

I don't look at it that way, but anyway, that's been my mindset for many, many years.
She's not going online and posting her very worst pictures. She's posting a beautiful, happy picture of herself looking natural and serene. Why would you even say something like that?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
She's not going online and posting her very worst pictures. She's posting a beautiful, happy picture of herself looking natural and serene. Why would you even say something like that?
I know, right?

Foclampt, when I was doing OLD, all my pics looked like the one you posted and I had no trouble. I did have few guys express surprise if I showed up for a date in a skirt .

Date guys who want the real you!

Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Well, that's really sweet. I have doubts about the vision of beauty. But, hey, I wouldn't insult a perfectly nice compliment would I?
As for being cared for, I would rather it was thought of as more of a business partnership, where we are in the business of taking care of each other, and of taking care of our lives. I don't think that sounds very romantic though. Hmmm.
if ti were me, it would be more like driver and crew chief. you would be the driver, the star of the show as it were, and i would be in the background giving you the strategy, making sure you had the equipment needed to run up front, and constantly encouraging you to keep pushing forward, and hopefully making the right calls so that you win the race.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:53 PM

Because, he has eyeore colored glasses.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if ti were me, it would be more like driver and crew chief. you would be the driver, the star of the show as it were, and i would be in the background giving you the strategy, making sure you had the equipment needed to run up front, and constantly encouraging you to keep pushing forward, and hopefully making the right calls so that you win the race.

Thats great!
Now, who could argue with that kind of philosophy? I like the way you think!

Old 07-27-2014, 09:59 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Because, he has eyeore colored glasses.
You can take what I said to be drastically different from what you said, but it isn't.

You basically want people to appreciate you for what is on the inside, and I said the same.

I don't think it's a bad picture at all. Just making an analogy.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:28 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
No, this isn't a model writing this, so if you think of that as an ideal real woman, you might as well stop now.
I'm writing this because I want some feedback from people on something that's been on my mind lately.
As you may have noticed, I've been starting to warm up to the idea of the whole dating scene, whether or not I start in the next few weeks, or later on, kind of depends on some of the opinions I get from all of you.
I ask you to go to my profile and look at my picture really quickly, no its not a super great picture. Its taken a few days ago by my 13 year old son when we were all at the beach in Capitola.
We were having a great day! Playing in the sand and the sun. We'd been eaten alive by mosquito's the night before, and to be honest, I was still wearing what I wore the night before, all snuggled into a sleeping bag-with the mummy technique of mosquito evasion. Which works until you are really sound asleep and move the sleeping bag.
So, here's the deal, when I look at this picture I smile. I think to myself of the fun I had with my kids, and how important they are to me. I look at my messy hair and my dirty rumpled up clothes, and my lack of makeup, my imperfections as they are, and I think. Wow! What an awesome woman.
I think, if only the right person could overlook all the imperfections and see the spontaneous, fun, intelligent and capable woman on the other side of this picture...that would make the whole dating thing so much easier.
But, I know that in order to be in the 'running' with dating, I'm going to have to slather on some makeup, I'm going to have to wear some kind of flattering outfit that I might never really ever wear, and have some professional photographer do my picture...for what?
So, hundreds of guys can look at me and decide that I'm not pretty enough for them.
That just seems so incongruous to my life, I work full time in a very difficult physically demanding job, and I work mostly night shift. I just finished moving, mostly by myself, lifting heavy boxes, furniture and everything...I've then spent the weeks after putting things away and making my new place look really nice and I'm proud of that.
I'm proud that I got out my little black and decker smaller sized tool kit and put together my own stuff. That I can fix my own stuff, that I can do everything I need to do. I'm proud that I can carry my weight, and take care of us.
I don't think that translates well though, who in the world is going to be swept off their feet by that?
I mean, I am rambling on a bit.
The feedback I want then, is changes. How would you present this kind of package. Or should I just give up on the dating thing unless I learn how to be someone else?

No changes, no make up if you don't usually wear it, no never to be worn again waste of money outfits.

Just you in all your past, present and future skin that they can take or leave.

No wasting money on professional photos either, they either accept you as you are, little tool box and child included or they move on and don't waste your time.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:28 PM

Misunderstandings happen so easily online, you have no visual cues, voice inflection cues, etc. I think I misunderstood you too.
I appreciate what you said, I will take that with me in my process of mentally preparing myself for the strange and weird world of dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships