Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:01 PM

8 posts, read 9,590 times

Advertisements

I told my girlfriend if we go to the beach we should go early. She takes a while to put on make up and stuff. When she made a face showing she doesn't like to wake up early I said " ok we should leave at 9:00. Are you sure you can make that?" She promised she would.

The next morning I woke up at 9:00. My girlfriend was the one who woke me up. She was already ready and I overslept. I hurried to get ready and we got out by 9:45. She was very angry with me.

I promised that I would take a shower in the morning and I didn't. Also I promised we would leave at 9:00 and we didn't. Plus I made a joke about her not being able to make it in time, then I was late. The whole day she was in a bad mood.

At first I tried to explain that I'm sorry, but 45 minutes late and isn't a big deal. If she was 45 min late I wouldn't mind. The shower thing was because I was in a hurry. Also I was wondering why she didn't wake me up until 9:00 if it was such a big deal to her. With this on my mind, my apology, was awful. Not very sincere. We can't seem to get over this fight. Do I just need to suck it up and apologize without any "well you could have woke me up" "Well it's not a big deal anyway".

Is this a time where the women just gets the argument because shes more stubborn? This happens quite often where I'm apologizing for something I don't feel guilty for. I have never in 3 years gotten angry at her for something she has done to me. Maybe this is just a horrible personality mismatch and I need to end this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 02:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceableStew View Post
I promised that I would take a shower in the morning and I didn't. Also I promised we would leave at 9:00 and we didn't. Plus I made a joke about her not being able to make it in time, then I was late. The whole day she was in a bad mood.
I assume you're not 8 years old, so you need to act like it. This ^^^ kind of crap would not be acceptable with a friend, a relative or an SO.

You need to apologize for your behavior about the beach.

Also, please don't start a new thread for every argument you two have. Just add on to your other original thread.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:18 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
You made a big deal about her being on time and then you slept in and are blaming her for not waking you when you're the one who wanted to get going early. It's a tad hypocritical.

Why did you make promises and then not fulfill them, minor as they might be? I think a genuine apology is the only answer here.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
You've heard the expression "If a tree falls in the forest, does it still make a sound?"
How about "If a man opens his mouth in the forest (or beach), is he still wrong?"

You're wrong. Suck it up and go apologize.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:31 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
The fact that you don't seem to understand why you should apologize, when anyone with a shred of common sense and regard for others would have apologized without even thinking about it tells me that yes, this should end. So your girlfriend can find someone else.

I know nothing about the rest of your relationship, but the fact that you can't seem to grasp the need for a basic apology in this situation is kind of alarming to me. What you did wasn't even that bad. But your refusal to accept that you were at fault for inconveniencing someone else is just bizarre.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:32 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I assume you're not 8 years old, so you need to act like it. This ^^^ kind of crap would not be acceptable with a friend, a relative or an SO.

You need to apologize for your behavior about the beach.

Also, please don't start a new thread for every argument you two have. Just add on to your other original thread.
Yes, its better to keep this stuff limited to one easy to follow thread.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:12 AM

432 posts, read 362,144 times
Quote:
I told my girlfriend if we go to the beach we should go early. She takes a while to put on make up and stuff. When she made a face showing she doesn't like to wake up early I said " ok we should leave at 9:00. Are you sure you can make that?" She promised she would.

The next morning I woke up at 9:00. My girlfriend was the one who woke me up. She was already ready and I overslept. I hurried to get ready and we got out by 9:45. She was very angry with me.

At first I tried to explain that I'm sorry, but 45 minutes late and isn't a big deal. If she was 45 min late I wouldn't mind. The shower thing was because I was in a hurry. Also I was wondering why she didn't wake me up until 9:00 if it was such a big deal to her. With this on my mind, my apology, was awful. Not very sincere. We can't seem to get over this fight. Do I just need to suck it up and apologize without any "well you could have woke me up" "Well it's not a big deal anyway".

Is this a time where the women just gets the argument because shes more stubborn? This happens quite often where I'm apologizing for something I don't feel guilty for. Maybe this is just a horrible personality mismatch and I need to end this.
Her behavior stems deeper based off of your actions in this relationship...

If something like this happened to me, indifference is your answer. You're there to have a good time not to argue, whine, suck up, and complain to.

Quote:
I have never in 3 years gotten angry at her for something she has done to me.
What I read:

"Never in 3 years have I put her in her place when she was acting out of it."

There's a lot more to this.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I would have let you sleep in, too. And then I would have let you have it.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:

Is this a time where the women just gets the argument because shes more stubborn? This happens quite often where I'm apologizing for something I don't feel guilty for. I have never in 3 years gotten angry at her for something she has done to me. Maybe this is just a horrible personality mismatch and I need to end this.
I would say she is not a forgiver and she apparently let you oversleep just to hang your comment over your head forever.

She needs to be left alone with her grudges to mature before being picked.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:26 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I would have let you sleep in, too. And then I would have let you have it.
Hell, I would have let him sleep in so that I could head out and enjoy the beach myself.

OP, your problem is you have no respect at all for the feelings of your girlfriend or for the time commitments you have made to her. Seems like her world has to revolve around you and your sleeping habits. She'd be wise to move on.

She doesn't need to wake you up, you are not a child. Show some responsibility. Set an alarm clock.

Your apology means nothing to her because you keep doing the same thing over and over again. It's just empty words at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships