Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 03:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The concept of wanting to date people your own age is actually rather silly and immature. He messaged you because quite likely you're pretty so why wouldn't he.

Largely you're here because older men, who better know how to hunt and gather and are better able to take care of their children and mate, had sex with a younger woman who can have children more easily with much less risk. It's actually quite common amongst primates to have older males mating with younger females. From a pure evolutionary point of view, younger adult females are more fertile so their appearance is more attractive.

Adults have a lot in common with one another. You're just too prudish to move past the age difference.

Okay, let me guess: you're a guy who wants to date significantly younger women?

When I was younger, I didn't really care about age differences. My soon-to-be ex is 12 years older than I, and I dated a guy 18 years my senior when I was in my early 20s. Even now, I think an age difference of about 10-12 years is usually no big deal (depends on the people involved).

However, this whole evolutionary psychology thing is so overused in online forums. There's really no need to bring in tired old arguments to justify your preferences. And that's what they are - personal preferences. You want to date younger women. That's okay.

So, if it's okay for YOU to have your preferences and to want to date younger women, then why isn't the OP entitled to HER preferences? Why is she prudish simply because she prefers to date men her own age? It seems to me that you're dictating to someone else what their preferences should be.

Let's go with the evolutionary psychology argument for just a minute, though: does this biological imperative for women to want significantly older men ever vary? I mean, should a woman always be looking for men 15-20 years her senior (or more)?

See, the thing about a significant age difference is that it becomes MORE significant as time goes on. I'm 48. I'm energetic, youthful and fit. Should I be looking to date a man of 68? 75? Am I prudish because I'd now like to date someone closer to my own age?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-27-2014 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-27-2014, 03:53 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
here is how it works ----
if he pets a cat its beastiality
if he smiles at a kid its pedofile
if he looks at someone younger its dirty old man
if he paints dances or sings or has male friends, he is gay
if he has female friends he is cheating
if he asserts himself under any circumstance at all-- he is an insubordinate employee, wife beater, and a KKK member
you really dont like men do you?
That is why if a man is going to be guilty no matter what then he might as well enjoy it.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:42 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,235,755 times
I work at a college. Two of my single male colleagues - both older than me, in their late 30s, are dating women that, while I know they are not students, look like they can't be more than 1 to 3 years out of college. Neither of them could have been more than 25, just based on the way they talked. They were probably more like 22 or 23 & I'd bet good money they were former students. The age gap had to be at least 10 and maybe 13 years.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:09 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
A lot of men regardless of their own age are attracted to young looking women.
But being attracted to a younger woman and actually being with a younger woman are not the same thing. IRL, I don't see people regularly getting together with people half their age. The single guys I know aren't looking to date 20-somethings, even if they think they're attractive.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But being attracted to a younger woman and actually being with a younger woman are not the same thing. IRL, I don't see people regularly getting together with people half their age. The single guys I know aren't looking to date 20-somethings, even if they think they're attractive.
what makes you think that you are exposed to it all?

likewise, what makes you think that your slice of the universe is universally applicable to all others? your reality doesn't not necessarily jibe with my reality, whether based in fact or skewed bais.

and, yes, not every man/woman have the same dating and relationship preferences. as far as i am concerned, other dudes can get their emotional and physicals needs met from whatever source they think they can get it from. doesn't mean i like the same menu.

when i was in my mid-20s, i had hot sex with a 60 something woman. big deal, don't know why it shouldn't be the same now that the roles have changed a bit.

ppl should stop judging other ppl's dating and relationship experiences between two consenting adults.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
How many of you who claim older women are saggy actually work out yourselves or how many have actually seen an older woman naked (or for that matter any woman naked?). I am 43 and still have a toned body. No stretch marks and yes I do look younger. I've never had a baby so my body looks much better than a younger woman who has given birth.
That's great that you're fit at 43, IDDY, but not having had children has little to do with it.

I'm a 48-year-old mom of 3. I have no stretch marks. I have always worked out, and I maintained my usual exercise routine through my 3 pregnancies, right up to the days I gave birth. Getting back to pre-pregnancy weight was a non-issue (it was almost all baby). I am fit and toned, and I have every intention of remaining so until by body conks out. More importantly, I know plenty of fabulous-looking moms in their 40s and 50s whose experience is the same.

Now, as for this idea that youth=beauty that's so pervasive on CD, I cannot understand it for the life of me. It's mind-boggling. The truth is, that if a person doesn't take care of themselves, man or woman, it will show. It will show MORE as one ages, but it can certainly show when one is young, as well.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That's great that you're fit at 43, IDDY, but not having had children has little to do with it.

I'm a 48-year-old mom of 3. I have no stretch marks. I have always worked out, and I maintained my usual exercise routine through my 3 pregnancies, right up to the days I gave birth. Getting back to pre-pregnancy weight was a non-issue (it was almost all baby). I am fit and toned, and I have every intention of remaining so until by body conks out. More importantly, I know plenty of fabulous-looking moms in their 40s and 50s whose experience is the same.

Now, as for this idea that youth=beauty that's so pervasive on CD, I cannot understand it for the life of me. It's mind-boggling. The truth is, that if a person doesn't take care of themselves, man or woman, it will show. It will show MORE as one ages, but it can certainly show when one is young, as well.
Oh I definitely think mothers can be hot, I was just making a point that being younger doesn't mean being hotter.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Oh I definitely think mothers can be hot, I was just making a point that being younger doesn't mean being hotter.
but please just admit that it's a usually a good bet by modern male dating preferences.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Only if men admit that younger men are hotter as well.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
but please just admit that it's a usually a good bet by modern male dating preferences.
Hot women aged 18-28 = 18.57%

Hot women 29-39 = 8.44%

Hot women 40+ = 4.57%

Those are my estimated stats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships