Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 05:17 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,416,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Another thing, since a mans testosterone decreases as he ages, and women are attracted to manly and masculine men, why are so many young youthful women in their 20's attracted to men in their late 30's and even 40's, 50's? Yes those men are usually more mature and probably more confident due to life experience but in essence aren't those men less masculine due to lower testosterone?
My testosterone levels are much higher now in my mid 30's than they were in my early 20's.
A lot can be achieved from a healthy lifestyle.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,403,310 times
Same reason us women hit on younger guys; inexperience and sweetness is hott. Grrr.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:45 AM

18 posts, read 23,018 times
Quote:
Another thing, since a mans testosterone decreases as he ages, and women are attracted to manly and masculine men, why are so many young youthful women in their 20's attracted to men in their late 30's and even 40's, 50's? Yes those men are usually more mature and probably more confident due to life experience but in essence aren't those men less masculine due to lower testosterone?
As a guy who at 48 a couple years ago "dated" if you would call it that a woman twenty five years younger for about six months, the only problems we had was with conversation at times when it came to old music, TV shows and that sort of thing, as the age difference was apparent. As far as everyday living, going out, sex etc, no problems. Age difference never entered into it with the two of us. I was every guys hero for having a young, good looking gf, and every older woman thought it was creepy or disgusting.
I didn't hit on her or her on me. We just got along and one thing led to another. We agreed when it started it had no future and we would see how it played out. It didn't end badly and we both met people our own age and we are still good friends. We have actually talked about living together as neither of our current situations is good and we enjoy each others company and get along well.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:38 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,773,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jones17 View Post
As a guy who at 48 a couple years ago "dated" if you would call it that a woman twenty five years younger for about six months, the only problems we had was with conversation at times when it came to old music, TV shows and that sort of thing, as the age difference was apparent. As far as everyday living, going out, sex etc, no problems. Age difference never entered into it with the two of us. I was every guys hero for having a young, good looking gf, and every older woman thought it was creepy or disgusting.
I didn't hit on her or her on me. We just got along and one thing led to another. We agreed when it started it had no future and we would see how it played out. It didn't end badly and we both met people our own age and we are still good friends. We have actually talked about living together as neither of our current situations is good and we enjoy each others company and get along well.
I was in this situation once not long ago and it was very hard for me. We were a match in ever way, but our age and we both knew deep down inside, we could not go long term. I tried to let her down and out of the relationship many times, but she always fought with all she had to keep it alive. It changed my view on relationships and how men and women might connect with each other, as we just clicked and my being older, just meshed with her being younger.

The funny thing is, after your with someone in a real relationship for a long time that is much younger then you, the age thing fades and you forget the person is so much younger. It is the judgment and piercing eyes and stares of others that remind you! I loved this young woman in ways I never was able to love others and so did she, as well. It ended and we both were heart broken. If I had been born ten years later, or her ten years early, we could have made it work.

In the end she thanked me from the bottom of her heart for having showed her what true love, from a man who cared was like. She had not experienced anything but bad abusive relationships prior to me.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:38 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,267,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jones17 View Post
I'm guessing financial stability trumps high testosterone

Old 09-04-2014, 06:00 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,894,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because he was a prince, end of story. If he was average Charles Windsor without the titles and money think he'd get her?

Maybe.

They knew each other for a looooooooong time. And Tiggy was the who drew concern... not Camilla.

The defeatist, fatalistic views on here...

Old 09-04-2014, 08:26 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,267,462 times
Quote:
So money matters more than testosterone and masculinity?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,884,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post

Maybe.

They knew each other for a looooooooong time. And Tiggy was the who drew concern... not Camilla.

The defeatist, fatalistic views on here...
Huh? You're comparing a PRINCE who had an unhappy marriage to the average older man? that's silly. Camilla was the one he's always loved.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:32 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,313,267 times
Quote:
To many women, financial stability trumps everything else!

Old 09-05-2014, 04:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,581,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Get your popcorn, this thread might get good!
Nah. I'm bored by this insipid young lady already actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships