Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 06:46 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,179,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookieLuLu View Post
Why can't they go for someone their own age? I was on an online dating site and specifically said I wanted ages 24-28. This one guy pretended to be 27. When we began chatting, he revealed he was really 37 and lied because he really wanted to meet me. I told him he needs to look for women his own age
What he chooses to look for is none of your business. What IS your business is not getting involved with liars.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 AM

1,185 posts, read 803,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoody View Post
haha, well done in connecting the dots, although the research and historical evidence also exist on hypergamous behavior of women in seeking men of status, and rare is the young man who also has status except in fairy tales.

the other day i posed the question to my date as to what she would think if the prince in the Cinderella story was really a 40/50 year old man? could she still live happily ever after?

btw, i hear 31yo prince harry has the hots for an 18yo greek princess?

eww? yes or no? lol
He is a Prince, he can have it all and what girl wouldn't like the official title of Princess??

Old 01-21-2016, 08:10 AM

20,354 posts, read 14,627,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detguest View Post
I'm going to be honest with you. Guys that hit on 50 year old women in the club are either cougar hunting for the novelty of it or strike out with women their own age or younger. Don't let it get to your head.
(also responding to hankmoody, and generally that "side" of this discussion)

In other words are you telling a woman (any woman) of age 50-ish to rest assured that she's ugly and old and no one really wants her, unless for shameful reasons? LOL!

I can sit here and trot out example after example of all kinds of people finding love. The ones who fail hard, and consistently, it's not because they are old, fat, ugly, etc. It's because they are garbage on the inside. They've got a repellant attitude, major life problems, bitterness, negativity...things like that. I know hot 20-somethings who make toxic, drama filled life choices, and reap failure for it.

I've seen old women, fat women, skinny women, women of every description find love.
I've seen old men, poor men, fat men, men of every description find love.

Often with exactly the sort of person they are seeking and want, NOT someone of some equivalent "league" as described by whomever and based on simple animal breeding urges. But if you have poison in your mind and heart, somebody might give you a CHANCE but it will fall flat pretty quickly, usually in a storm of drama and misery.

Also, it's funny to me how some dudes who use the term "SJW" want so badly for there to be the cosmic social "justice" of young pretty girls who have it easy in their youth and pass them up, to suffer and be lonely in old age as older men continue to pull young hot girls. You're trying to impose rules on chaos just to fit your own worldview. How is that not wishing for social "justice" to be a thing? "You'll get yours, when you're old, you wait and see!"

I would say that statistically, yes, MOST men if asked to describe an attractive woman would say young, big breasts, in shape, and so on. But enough prefer "thick" ladies that it's totally a thing. And some prefer older ladies as well. If asked to describe a fantasy lifestyle with her Prince Charming, most women would talk about a studly young male with lots of money. And then go fall in love with someone who doesn't remotely fit that description and have eyes for only him. Funny how all of these rules of the game just go right out the window once we're all on the field. But it's good news for MOST PEOPLE who are basically human and not perfect. And a confident man or a kind, sweet woman will trump looks and money pretty often in the real world.

Oh, and I know a lot of young guys like women mid 30's to mid 40's because we sometimes have a higher sex drive than gals in their 20's, are openminded to a wider variety of sex acts, are sexually confident if not sexually aggressive, and want/appreciate said younger dude for sex. I mean imagine, an older woman who pays her own bills and doesn't care if you are successful or have status, just wants you to be her golden Adonis in the sack...tell me you can't understand the appeal? Granted he isn't going to marry her and play house and make babies....but what if neither of them are after that, where they're at in life? Who are you to judge people's choices, if they are both having a good time? Why do you care what other people like or don't like? Oh wait...we need justice for all of the men who couldn't get any action with pretty girls and struck out on their hopes and dreams, by imagining those pretty girls as lonely old cat ladies later in life. Riiiighht.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:18 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,010,961 times
Quote:
I'm going to be honest with you. Guys that hit on 50 year old women in the club are either cougar hunting for the novelty of it or strike out with women their own age or younger. Don't let it get to your head.

I'm going to be honest with you. Spoken like either a child, or a ridiculously narrow view that assures itself it's "just being honest" while not possessing the wherewithal to grasp broader perspectives.

Is what you said here potentially true? Abso-effin'-lutely, even without taking into account numerous variations on a theme.

Is it even the majority of the spectrum for which it purports to analyze and speak? Pssshhht... Shakin' ma head.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:31 AM

625 posts, read 623,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookieLuLu View Post
Why can't they go for someone their own age? I was on an online dating site and specifically said I wanted ages 24-28. This one guy pretended to be 27. When we began chatting, he revealed he was really 37 and lied because he really wanted to meet me. I told him he needs to look for women his own age and he got mad and told me I was not mature enough to handle a 37 year old. He said I have the looks but not the brains. Again, I told him we don't have much in common and he needs to look for women his own age. I just think it's really creepy for these older guys to try and hit on young women. Yes he was good looking, but I am looking for someone I have things in common with. Not an older guy pretending to be a young hot guy!
It helps them feel young and sexy.

Besides a younger woman often is content with financial security (at least for a while) in exchange for a real relationship. Some guys don't care if they have an honest, intimate relationship. They just want arm candy to help them feel better about themselves as they age.

Oh and I've seen quite a few guys divorce their wife of 25+ years and then re-marry a woman that looks just like her, but 25 years younger. It's bizarre.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:32 AM

48,513 posts, read 34,790,793 times
Quote:
Today's 50 doesn't look like what you think. I know you were going for a wound, but you missed your mark.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-21-2016, 08:36 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,053 times
Exclamation Lol...i love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Today's 50 doesn't look like what you think. I know you were going for a wound, but you missed your mark.
You and Sasquatch above you basically told him politely to step off and shut the truck up

What IS it with some of these dudes on here lately who come on here acting like they're on a mission from god, then get butt-chapped when people tell them to take their nonsense and go back to the root cellars from whence they came?

Old 01-21-2016, 08:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,676,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoody View Post
don't worry about it, and btw it's weird to hear that my manner of debate suggest a level of advocacy not intended but just goes to show that some people often hear more than what was actually said and intended. i often thought it was related to duplicity in response to an unwillingness to self examine underlying beliefs or admitting opinions erroneous held, as in never argue politics with someone cuz you're not going to change their mind. but what you have made clear to me is that perception apparently is more important than the content of the message. all the more reminding my to keep my opinions to myself.
Maybe I need another cup of coffee, but I don't understand that first sentence. I don't think of myself as a social justice warrior, but I get that it must be a cheap canned insult like "white knight." /shrug

It's not "revisionist history" when we can see today how young women are treated around the world. I know May-December marriages have been going on forever. Old men are marrying nine-year-olds in Yemen today. I'll spare you the rest, because I can tell you're not listening. Child brides = feminist bull****, I get it.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:59 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,713,230 times
I have found the answer. I find black women hold their youthful looks as they age better than white women do. A young black woman once told me that her grandmother had said black does not crack. So as a 70 year old white man I am looking to meet a 55 year old black woman as many will look 40........LOL

Old 01-21-2016, 09:11 AM

20,354 posts, read 14,627,586 times
As someone who talks about how much I like older men and how I don't judge age differences, I should point out the exception to this in my mind...

Obviously minor teens with older adults is problematic. We say "consenting adults" but what does that mean?

But I'd go so far as to say anyone younger than about 24/25ish...it's that thing, a person's prefrontal cortex isn't finished developing. If they are with someone considerably older, it does raise questions about whether the older person is taking advantage of them or exploiting them in some way, or if the older person is not a mature adult, that they are drawn to someone so much younger (still a "kid.") I've known men who can recognize that a young woman is physically attractive, but still say, "I feel a little bad for looking, she's still a kid." or "I'd never touch that, she's just a child." or similar even though she's like 19-23 years old. It's about life stages. My anecdotal example being my ex and I...I was 18 and he was 29. It wasn't about the age difference, the reason this was a bad idea is that I was not grown enough to make permanent and life changing decisions, and he was determined to grab hold and reproduce and settle down permanently. I'm surprised I hung in there as long as I did, it was destined to fail from almost day one. And the fact that he and I were on the same level of maturity and responsibility and adult life skills was also a red flag, because I was just a kid who hadn't yet grown up...he was an adult who never would.

Now in my 30's, being with a 50-something isn't a big deal because we both have more established positions, boundaries, goals, expectations...we are both quite adulty. It's not a grown up with a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.