Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:11 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
When you really like someone for who they are on the inside, but are turned off by the body

What are your thoughts on this?
Those are what we call "FRIENDS". Nothing wrong with being friend zoned. I have had quite a few really cool chick friends in my lifetime who are overweight who NEVER became more than friends because, well, no matter how cool/great/awesome they are, their fatness completely eliminates them from ever ever ever ever being more than just a friend. That is just how it is. In order to qualify for more than friendship I must be physically attracted to them, and overweight/obese women just don't do it for me romantically, emotionally, sexually, etc. So friend zoned they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:17 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
If you're not attracted to someone, more times than not it's not going to lead to anywhere. I had a coworker who realized only one guy was really attracted to her and she had already had some history dating him in the past. She told me that she wasn't super attracted to him, but they were both 37, single, no children, and both relatively outgoing. In the end, there was other commonalities there, but it didn't change the fact that she wasn't all that attracted to him once his clothes came off. He wasn't overweight, but wasn't cut. They ended up breaking up, because the attraction never grew for her. We can say all day that someone's options are thin, but you can never say someone's options are zero till they're dead. Till then, people do have the right to make any decision they want, no matter how out of left field we may think it is.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:19 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
My thought is he is a chickens*** who prefers his women ugly so they won't leave him.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My thought is he is a chickens*** who prefers his women ugly so they won't leave him.
I think some of you are being a bit too hard on this guy. It's not unheard of to date someone we're not completely physically attracted to because they have other good qualities. Sometimes we might stay with them too long hoping that things will change or because we can't get what we really want. Women do this too.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:17 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think some of you are being a bit too hard on this guy. It's not unheard of to date someone we're not completely physically attracted to because they have other good qualities. Sometimes we might stay with them too long hoping that things will change or because we can't get what we really want. Women do this too.
Did you read the op?

Liked her till she lost the weight he couldn't.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Did you read the op?

Liked her till she lost the weight he couldn't.
No, the OP says that he likes thin women. Not that he was perfectly happy with this woman when she was 140 lbs. heavier. Sounds like he was never all that physically attracted to her before or after the weight loss.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:17 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
I think that's more of a woman thing, most men don't think or choose women that. Unless they're just desperate for any female attention.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think that's more of a woman thing, most men don't think or choose women that. Unless they're just desperate for any female attention.
Well substitute the word "date" for "have sex with." Men do have sex with women who they aren't completely physically attracted to if that's all that's available.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Well substitute the word "date" for "have sex with." Men do have sex with women who they aren't completely physically attracted to if that's all that's available.
Well dating and having a relationship with somebody vs just having sex are two different things. Would I sleep with somebody that I didn't think was attractive? Yes . Would I want to be in a relationship with that person? No.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Well dating and having a relationship with somebody vs just having sex are two different things. Would I sleep with somebody that I didn't think was attractive? Yes . Would I want to be in a relationship with that person? No.
Men are often motivated to get into relationships because they want sex. Maybe the guy in the OP isn't the type of guy who can get it casually, so he felt like he had to get in a relationship to get sex. Even if the woman wasn't his ideal woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships