Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 03:37 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Insert literally any name of a famous male model or FOTM actor here, really.

I honestly don't know any names aside from LLCoolJ and Brad Pitt who have basically topped the hot meter for many-a-woman for decades or better. LLCoolJ probably isn't the "sexiest man alive" anymore though, which shows how much I pay attention to that crap anyway.
Women still like LL, but he's approaching 50...so I think someone new should be nominated as the "hottest famous black man" example but I don't know who that should be. Brad Pitt is also past his prime, so for white men, I think the new "hottest famous white man" example should be Chris Hemsworth. He's almost 31, so he should have at least a few good years left in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Well where were you when the poor guy was trying to get a date?
Where was he?

Old 08-07-2014, 06:09 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
You say this and this and that, but your actions speak differently. The guys can hardly get responses, much less a date. They use a pic of a really good looking guy and bam. Seems like what comes out your mouth are 2 different things.

Sorry, I know very few guys that have much difficulty getting responses or dates. If they did, they wouldn't be on there.

Last couple of times I did OLD I didn't really write anyone, I just responded to people that wrote me, I still had or could have had a date a week. I'm a below average earning (for my area, the vast majority of women I meet and date earn more), very average (if that) looking, bald guy, that doesn't own a car.

Sorry, it isn't the women that are the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Women still like LL, but he's approaching 50...so I think someone new should be nominated as the "hottest famous black man" example but I don't know who that should be. Brad Pitt is also past his prime, so for white men, I think the new "hottest famous white man" example should be Chris Hemsworth. He's almost 31, so he should have at least a few good years left in him.
A few good decades you mean.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:15 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
A few good decades you mean.
No, I'm cutting him off early just like men do with women. No way can he still be attractive after say...35.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No, I'm cutting him off early just like men do with women. No way can he still be attractive after say...35.

Most men don't do that with women. Don't confuse the idiot children here with men. I see hot 40 and 50 yo every days, and they aren't celebrities.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:39 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Most men don't do that with women. Don't confuse the idiot children here with men. I see hot 40 and 50 yo every days, and they aren't celebrities.
Some guys don't realize that their approach could be bad, or they aren't being true to themselves. I have a certain style of woman that I'm interested in, and then every now and then I'll message someone who's totally different than I am. Sometimes I'll message someone who is not really what I'm looking for either. Sometimes I want to be surprised and see if the person turns out to be different from their profile. Some people truly may not be all that verse'd at explaining themselves.

I haven't been surprised by many times, but I have been surprised a time or two.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:39 AM

214 posts, read 206,841 times
Quote:
Sorry, I know very few guys that have much difficulty getting responses or dates. If they did, they wouldn't be on there.
Quote:
You seem to have a very odd world view that somehow doesn't seem to match anyone else's. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I don't know that I can put it in a nicer way.

You say that pretty much no guy has difficulty getting responses or dates on online dating sites. Now, I'm sure you realize that's not true. I've used online dating sites (briefly) -- just one go-around and I didn't really focus on it -- but I messaged probably fifteen women and got zero responses. You might say "that's anecdotal and non-representative" and that would be absolutely true, but surely you realize that there are probably a large number of men who don't get a lot of success of dating websites ...or it would be the biggest thing in the world, which it isn't. It's still basically the "last resort" thing to do.

There are certainly people who I've talked to who have no trouble getting responses or dates, as well, so I'm not saying the opposite. But it's clearly a mixture where some people do well, some people do OK, and some people have no success at all. To say that everyone on online dating sites does well is ridiculous. That's why you can go to forums and pretty much any forum about dating or relationships will, at one point, have a thread about online dating and why it's so difficult and how do you get noticed and so on and why there are even articles written about it.

Secondly, as far as the "attractive after a certain age" thing, you're also wrong. It's quite clear and true that a lot of men don't consider 40 and 50 year-old women to be attractive. It's clear that "most" men are not saying that older women are attractive. Are there exceptions? Yeah, sure, even in everyday life there are "MILFs" or "cougars." Are they commonplace? LOL, no. And that's not to put down women. It's also not commonplace to see 50-year-old men that women are all swooning over, either. So maybe if your two statements are being taken together, the people you know who have success at dating are going out with much older women? That would make sense, since I have received online interest from women 10-15 years older than me and ignored it. I'm sure I could "hookup" with them very easily. Either that or you're dealing with people who are in their early 20s, who use things like POF or apps to get one-night stand type hookups with each other.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
You say that pretty much no guy has difficulty getting responses or dates on online dating sites. Now, I'm sure you realize that's not true. I've used online dating sites (briefly) -- just one go-around and I didn't really focus on it -- but I messaged probably fifteen women and got zero responses. You might say "that's anecdotal and non-representative" and that would be absolutely true, but surely you realize that there are probably a large number of men who don't get a lot of success of dating websites ...or it would be the biggest thing in the world, which it isn't. It's still basically the "last resort" thing to do.

Once again, you're twisting my words. No, not twisting. Completely misrepresenting (aka lying about) what I said. I didn't say no guys have difficulty getting responses to dates.

And I'm sure you didn't get any response. I'm not surprised by that. That isn't because it isn't hard to get responses, it is because of who you've shown yourself to be.

Guys who don't have luck on OLD, well, there are reasons for it. Sometimes it is region, but often it is something else. I've seen the messages men write to my female friends. They're as completely face palming as most of the posts by guys like you on this site.

Quote:
Secondly, as far as the "attractive after a certain age" thing, you're also wrong. It's quite clear and true that a lot of men don't consider 40 and 50 year-old women to be attractive. It's clear that "most" men are not saying that older women are attractive. Are there exceptions? Yeah, sure, even in everyday life there are "MILFs" or "cougars." Are they commonplace? LOL, no. And that's not to put down women. It's also not commonplace to see 50-year-old men that women are all swooning over, either. So maybe if your two statements are being taken together, the people you know who have success at dating are going out with much older women? That would make sense, since I have received online interest from women 10-15 years older than me and ignored it. I'm sure I could "hookup" with them very easily. Either that or you're dealing with people who are in their early 20s, who use things like POF or apps to get one-night stand type hookups with each other.
Again, more ignorance. Nothing you said above is correct. No the people I know having success with OLD aren't dating older women. No they aren't in their early 20s. They aren't using POF or hook up apps. Yes, there are plenty of 50 yo men with multiple women attracted to them. Yes, there are many attractive 40 and 50 yo women out there.

You really need to get out in the real world.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 AM

214 posts, read 206,841 times
Quote:
Once again, you're twisting my words. No, not twisting. Completely misrepresenting (aka lying about) what I said. I didn't say no guys have difficulty getting responses to dates.
Your quote was right in my post. I'm not sure what you think you were saying there, bud.

Quote:
And I'm sure you didn't get any response. I'm not surprised by that. That isn't because it isn't hard to get responses, it is because of who you've shown yourself to be.
That's a pretty lazy insult. "Since you disagree with me and I think you're a jerk, that's why!" Oh, OK, so is that also why the women on here who have had problems getting responses are having problems? Because of who they are? Because I never saw you saying that to them, LMAO. But now we have it on record. Ladies, anyone who doesn't have success online dating, timberline says it's because you're horrible people.

Quote:
Yes, there are plenty of 50 yo men with multiple women attracted to them. Yes, there are many attractive 40 and 50 yo women out there.

You really need to get out in the real world.
The "real world" where only "idiot children" are attracted to young women and most people are attracted to older women? OK, LOL.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Your quote was right in my post. I'm not sure what you think you were saying there, bud.

It was in your post. You then misrepresented what I said. More lying. You said I said "no guys" that is not what I said. I said "I know very few guys". Big difference. I don't associate with people like you.

Quote:
That's a pretty lazy insult. "Since you disagree with me and I think you're a jerk, that's why!" Oh, OK, so is that also why the women on here who have had problems getting responses are having problems? Because of who they are? Because I never saw you saying that to them, LMAO. But now we have it on record. Ladies, anyone who doesn't have success online dating, timberline says it's because you're horrible people.
I never said not implied they are horrible people. Please stop lying about my statements. You did it repeatedly last night, and you're doing it again. If you are going to quote me, quote me accurately.

Quote:
The "real world" where only "idiot children" are attracted to young women and most people are attracted to older women? OK, LOL.

Again, misrepresenting my statements. I never said only idiot children are attracted to young women. I never said most people are attracted to older women.

Never, ever.

Stop the lying. If you can't have a rational, honest discussion, don't even try to have a discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships