Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 PM

346 posts, read 351,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The solution is simple. Write the men you want to write and don't be a passive user. Most of the women I went out with on OLD were women that wrote me first.

To be fair, if you're getting tons of messages you're not going to be so inclined to be proactive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 12:34 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
To be fair, if you're getting tons of messages you're not going to be so inclined to be proactive.

But you're only getting those message by practicing deception. What is better, to be honest and be proactive and message who you want? Or to deceive and be reactive?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
But you're only getting those message by practicing deception. What is better, to be honest and be proactive and message who you want? Or to deceive and be reactive?

You don't have to deceive to get messages. But if you're someone who's regularly getting attention, why would you feel the need to go out of your way to initiate?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You don't have to deceive to get messages. But if you're someone who's regularly getting attention, why would you feel the need to go out of your way to initiate?
Well the lying about your age thread was about deception.

But the answer to your question is very simple.

If the people contacting you aren't the people you want to date, then it makes sense to reach out and contact the ones you do want to date.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Well the lying about your age thread was about deception.

But the answer to your question is very simple.

If the people contacting you aren't the people you want to date, then it makes sense to reach out and contact the ones you do want to date.

It does make sense, but if that's the case then why do most women still choose the passive route?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
It does make sense, but if that's the case then why do most women still choose the passive route?
Well, I'm not sure they do, when I did OLD I had women message me weekly, and my female friends message men.

But if they aren't, I can only assume they are getting messages from the guys they want to date or dating isn't a big deal to them and they're just casually on there.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
I was getting tons of messages but would also contact men I desired. The reason is most of the men who contacted me were bottom feeders and I wanted and knew I deserved better. Some were afraid I'd reject them so they didn't contact.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:23 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,422,822 times
Quote:
Did you even read the OP, the one I posted? I DID message many men, and got virtually no responses. That was the whole point of this thread. So even women who are choosing to be proactive are losing out. OLD is lose-lose -damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Did you even read the OP, the one I posted? I DID message many men, and got virtually no responses. That was the whole point of this thread. So even women who are choosing to be proactive are losing out. OLD is lose-lose -damned if you do, damned if you don't.
They like to ignore that fact. Many women here have messaged men and had the same response the men did. I messaged several guys and most said no thanks.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

First of all, drop the attitude. Second, you said you messages five guys in 48 hours. So no, you didn't message a lot of guys. That's not enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships