Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Rejection is a part of life. If a woman rejects me and I see her again, I won't refuse to talk to her. To do so makes you look petty and immature.
That's my choice and I'm sticking with it. I'll stop talking to women who don't like me and find ones that do. What others think of my choice doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 10:20 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
How do I deal with it? I don't talk to them again. Once a woman rejects me, we have nothing else to discuss again.
I don't blame you, if she turned you down then that means no. I wouldn't necessarily refuse to talk to them if we ran into each other but I would not pursue any further, it would be a simple conversation and nothing more.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:21 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
That's my choice and I'm sticking with it. I'll stop talking to women who don't like me and find ones that do. What others think of my choice doesn't matter.
I am not going to try to convince you to do something else, like you said, it's your choice. But I thought I should point out that just because someone is not sexually interested in you doesn't mean that person doesn't like you.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am not going to try to convince you to do something else, like you said, it's your choice. But I thought I should point out that just because someone is not sexually interested in you doesn't mean that person doesn't like you.
Sounds like you are. Once a woman rejects to me, that's fine. But I don't have to be her friend. In fact, it is off the table completely. I am not obligated to even speak to her again. Like you said, it's my choice and it isn't changing.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are. Once a woman rejects to me, that's fine. But I don't have to be her friend. In fact, it is off the table completely. I am not obligated to even speak to her again. Like you said, it's my choice and it isn't changing.
How's that therapy working out for you?

Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
How's that therapy working out for you?
Not that it's any of your business, but It's going ok.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:40 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
No, of course you're not obligated or anything like that. I just wanted to point out (for your own emotional well being) that lack of sexual interest isn't the same as disliking a person. Sure you don't have to be friends with women who don't want to date you, but it's kind of damaging to one's own psyche to think that it's because they "don't like you" as a person.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:43 AM

148 posts, read 141,088 times
Mabye your just rubbish at chatting up women, they may not like your looks, cloths, hair, or lack of it ect ect. MAKE THEM LAUGH , that all you have to do laugh them into bed . I am getting on now, but women still like me . I make the feel good, complement them tell them they look good . Jesus its no rocket science and you don't have to be good looking my wife calls me a rugged handsome guy That I think means I am average looking but I am fun to be with . You have to perform in the bedroom department that helps a lot.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
No, of course you're not obligated or anything like that. I just wanted to point out (for your own emotional well being) that lack of sexual interest isn't the same as disliking a person. Sure you don't have to be friends with women who don't want to date you, but it's kind of damaging to one's own psyche to think that it's because they "don't like you" as a person.
I have enough female friends. I don't want anymore. I'm not trying to come off as an ass here, but I get mad when I'm shamed for my choices.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
From his point of view, it is only going to torture him to be around someone who he feels strongly about that had made clear that person don't feel the same way. In that situation he is far better off cutting his losses so he does not waste time with someone who cannot return those feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships