Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:15 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,290,775 times

Advertisements

I don't date without thinking of marriage - I am not about notching belts and I am not about one-night-stands. I don't move without a reason because I am better than that and I trust the person I date is better than that as well.

In my recent past there was a woman who was too immature, and I tossed her back for someone else at some other time, but not for myself then or ever. We were together for two years. I'm better for it. She? I don't care. I don't keep in touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 10:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,633,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wow did this happen before?
did what happen before?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:19 PM

51,850 posts, read 52,259,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I know at least one guy who did this. In the real world, not CD, it's often the guy who wants marriage.
LOL.... really??? more men want marriage than women??? I think you're living in that alternate universe that seems to feel so cozy and warm.

Why is it there are so many cliché jokes about how women are crabbing about how a man wont 'marry her'....

Put a ring on it, or "make her an honest woman" etc etc etc.....

LOL....... it's funny... in a detached comical way.....

Old 08-03-2014, 11:23 PM

818 posts, read 912,758 times
I can say yes , there is a high chance I would dump her after giving her plenty of time to come around.
she would need a very good reason to keep saying no. If it had anything to do with me... I'd most likely break it off.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,572,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... really??? more men want marriage than women??? I think you're living in that alternate universe that seems to feel so cozy and warm.

Why is it there are so many cliché jokes about how women are crabbing about how a man wont 'marry her'....

Thank you for that. In her world men are all submissive and a lady never rejects sexy time.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did what happen before?
Did a women before do evil things?

Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
Quote:

Actually Chow for some things have changed.Women have education, good jobs, income, can adopt, take care of their sexy time with fabulous toys, have fun with the help just like a man can.

Some really don't need a man.In some homes the women are in charge.Why marry ,everything is in her name even the children have her name.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:50 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,774,847 times
Quote:

I am starting to think it depends on the age-group and maybe if a person has been married before. I always figured women wanted marriage more until I started dating again. I've had men bring up marriage (technically re-marriage) on the first darn date! I am starting to think in their 20s and 30s women hear the clock tick, ticking and if they want to be a wife and mother, there is a bit more urgency to marry than their male counterparts. But later in life (when a lot of people are divorced) it's more men than women who want to marry again.

I am dating mostly guys in their late 30s, 40s, early 50s. Like I said, first dates and men are talking about marriage... not necessarily asking me to marry them (although that's happened too) but they bring it up as their "goal" of dating and want to know if I am on the same page. Even in threads on this forum where I said I just want to date casually and not commit to anything serious yet, I get shot down by men who basically say, "well, yeah... good luck finding a man interested in that. If you aren't serious he's going to move along to someone else."

I used to think exactly like you and thought I was "safe" from re-marriage... but now it's like the world turned upside down on me

It would be interesting though to see what things look like with younger, never married people. All I can find when I google it is less women want to marry now (or at least less women care about marrying) then in the past... but I can't find much of anything about men other than from opinion pieces and blogs.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:54 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,277,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It would be interesting though to see what things look like with younger, never married people. All I can find when I google it is less women want to marry now (or at least less women care about marrying) then in the past... but I can't find much of anything about men other than from opinion pieces and blogs.
I'm in my 20's and have had two men propose to me that I had to turn down. I was honest about not wanting to get married, and they chose not to listen. I've also never been married.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:00 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,774,847 times
Oh, for what it's worth and in the spirit of the thread. Yes, when I've told men I am not interested in marrying, they dropped me. But I wouldn't call it dumping me or rejecting me or anything like that as I was never in a long-term relationship with any of those guys.

But that's a completely different situation than what the OP is asking. But it's kind of in the same spirit as the question. It's just that they had a goal to marry and since I couldn't promise I'd ever be interested, they wanted to move on to someone else. As weird as I found it that they brought up the idea of marriage so soon, maybe it's a good thing they brought it up so early... before we wasted each other's time/got too attached to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships