Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 02:42 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,784,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
What does this have to do with the OP's question?
It addresses your response to the OP's question. While I wouldn't have worded it quite like 802 did, they have a point. Almost without exception, every single question here could be answered with "it depends". But unless you truly believe that people, as a whole, do not have tendencies....then some suggestions can lean one way or another. Nothing applies to EVERYBODY, but if there's a behavior or tendency that affects a significant portion of people, then it's worth inquiring about.

Side diatribe: One of the things I've noticed around here is men will ask a lot of questions in an effort to "increase their chances", so to speak. It's a logical mindset, and makes sense to me. A lot of responses that women offer suggest that it's a fruitless effort, and I think it's reasonable to chalk that up to "genders think differently about some things". Totally worth another thread topic, imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 03:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,041,166 times
A big HELL NO. If I were out there dating and a man was willing to drop a big chunk of change on an early date, I'd honestly wonder if he was trying to buy sex and intimacy. Big turn off.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:16 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wanted to ask this just out of curiosity to hear about what your observations have been on this.
Not really. Especially the older you get.

Now, have I taken women out and "swept them off their feet" with buying them stuff and taking them nice places. But usually for a first date, the money that you spend seems to make no difference unless you just plan on having drunken sex, which is usually bad sex, and usually means you won't be with them again.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
Quote:
I wanted to ask this just out of curiosity to hear about what your observations have been on this.
I'd say different women move at different paces.

So the answer to your question depends on the woman...

Old 08-04-2014, 03:24 PM

284 posts, read 340,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
For me, it is strictly based on chemistry with that person. I have gone out with a guy who was a good friend but I could not get intimate with him. It was like kissing my brother. He made a lot of money and always took me out on the town when we went out.

Then again there was this guy I met at a dart tournament and we hit it off so good during that evening, I took him home with me and rocked his night. We've been married for 12 years.
Convex, you saucy minx

Old 08-04-2014, 03:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
Quote:
But what if a man is really crazy about a woman (let's say she is smoking hot) and he wants to do all that stuff for her anyway? Should he restrain himself?
I think it would be a good idea to show some restraint. Some women can't handle too much. Besides, like another poster said, it could seem like he has a hidden agenda. He could be genuine and real, but too much kindness can scare anyone away.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,387,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no. women are going to choose when to be intimate when they are ready and not before. you can spend a million dollars in your first few dates, and it still may be six months before she decides she is ready.

Yeah because guys are just gonna sit around waiting till she's ready to show the gold plated vag all the while shelling out thousands on dates. Women are just as horny as men are ( in general). The only reason they hold out is they don't epwant to be labeled sluts. When I was dating I had PLENTY of dates that at the end it was a "I don't normally do this on a first date". Yet we were getting naked before we stepped through the door.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 PM

6,547 posts, read 7,266,132 times
Quote:
Do you expect a female poster to raise her hand and say she does?

Old 08-04-2014, 05:49 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,176,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah because guys are just gonna sit around waiting till she's ready to show the gold plated vag all the while shelling out thousands on dates. Women are just as horny as men are ( in general). The only reason they hold out is they don't want to be labeled sluts. When I was dating I had PLENTY of dates that at the end it was a "I don't normally do this on a first date". Yet we were getting naked before we stepped through the door.
Some women also hold out because they want to be sure there is commitment, or an exclusive relationship beforehand. Sex is great, but for some, it's very intimate, not just something to do to get off. Sex also has risks. STDs effect everyone, but women also have to worry about pregnancy. Like a guy here who got a girl pregnant and left the city-and never paid child support a day in his life. Even if the woman decides to have an abortion, it's not cheap, or pleasant.

There's also another poster here. Had sex her 3rd date. Didn't want it, the guy harped on it. They had sex, it was awkward, then he left right after and threw out excuses to not see her again when she finds later, he has a girlfriend already and had plans to leave town to see her-may have been why he was in such a rush lol. Needless to say, she was very hurt.

Lets not make assumption the only reason women would wait is to avoid being called sluts. That can be a reason, but there are many more. Some that wanna avoid being used and dumped-like many guys do. Lets no pretend that doesn't happen. You can't know someone that well after a few dates. If sex is casual for you, or anyone, they don't care about the other stuff, it's just fun. But for other people, women and men alike, sex is a big deal, and they wait due to caution t build some trust, and know they they are exclusive first.

Last edited by HappyRain; 08-04-2014 at 06:01 PM..

Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,646,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
No. Women are as horny as men are. The only difference is that we also have to be wary of men who want to harm us, physically or reputationally.

If she is attracted to you and feels safe, she will bang you after your free date walking in the park, no problem! If she is not attracted to you or you seem dangerous, money won't help.

You are lying to yourself in order to avid facing the real reason you do not get laid.

Tried to rep you but I am out of reps for you.Let me spread some love...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships