Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Okay why does this exact scenario keep coming up? either it's more common than we think or the same story keeps getting posted.

People with other families are scum.
Possibly more common than we think, I have a neighbor still trying to heal her heart from the pain after a 25 year marriage ended when she found out about the other family. This woman has been divorced a few years now and though she's gotten her life back on track and she's now venturing back into the dating scene, you can still see the pain in her face, when she talks about the loss of the family life and love she thought existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 05:33 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Possibly more common than we think, I have a neighbor still trying to heal her heart from the pain after a 25 year marriage ended when she found out about the other family. This woman has been divorced a few years now and though she's gotten her life back on track and she's now venturing back into the dating scene, you can still see the pain in her face, when she talks about the loss of the family life and love she thought existed.
Yep, though I think it happens to men just as much as women.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:43 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Might be one of the families was an accident and your father was too much of a gentleman to bail out on his pregnant mistress? After that, things just kept going along as they did.

Can't really condone your father's initial unfaithfulness, but at least he took care of his kids and their mothers.

You really need to cut him a little slack.
I would not suggest this as an accident. He chose to have a mistress. Yes, "chose." No way would I cut him any slack.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I would not suggest this as an accident. He chose to have a mistress. Yes, "chose." No way would I cut him any slack.
He would likely have not got cut any slack if he wanted a divorce before he cheated either so there is no incentive for a man not to do something like that. Men dont ever get cut slack so they just do their own thing.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:49 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Why do some men have a secret family?

Simple. There are 2 kinds of people, men or women. Either they sleep around, or STRICTLY monogamous. It's just a matter of finding the one that's right for you.

I am fortunate to find a husband who is as strictly monogamous as I am. He just is not the type to sleep around, in fact one of his friend's baby mama is the type that slept with almost EVERY men in their friend circle. My husband told me he was 'offered', but he didn't take the bait.

Like I said, there are 2 kinds of people.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Why do some men have a secret family?

Simple. There are 2 kinds of people, men or women. Either they sleep around, or STRICTLY monogamous. It's just a matter of finding the one that's right for you.

I am fortunate to find a husband who is a strictly monogamous as I am. He just is not the type to sleep around, in fact one of his friend's GF is the type that slept with almost EVERY men in their circle. My husband told me he was 'offered', but he didn't take the bait.

Like I said, there are 2 kinds of people.
When your the "almost" guy its time to leave the circle.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
When your the "almost" guy its time to leave the circle.
Nah. I admit, his friends are weird. They're the type that sleeps around. Usually within their friend's circle. He even told me of an incident of a party on his bro's house where someone caught their 3 friends having a 3some in the basement DURING the party.

His friends are on the wild side. They really don't care. They're ALL still friends in spite of the fact. If I had known all this before I married him, there's no way in hell I would continue dating him.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Nah. I admit, his friends are weird. They're the type that sleeps around. Usually within their friend's circle. He even told me of an incident of a party on his bro's house where someone caught their 3 friends having a 3some in the basement DURING the party.

His friends are on the wild side. They really don't care. They're ALL still friends in spite of the fact. If I had known all this before I married him, there's no way in hell I would continue dating him.
No guy wants to be the one in the group not getting any action unless they dont want the action. But it would be really lame for this woman to not offer up to one of the guys in the circle.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:02 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Yep, though I think it happens to men just as much as women.
I can vouch for that and I see more married women out there then men. Some men get lazy and have low drive after they hit 40 or so. Just when some women start to hit their stride. Someone that still has a sex drive is not going to sit around while hubby stays home and watches TV on the Barko-lounger. They are going to be at the corner bar complaining that barko-lounger man is sitting at home while they dry up before their time. I hear variations of this almost weekly

Old 08-06-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
No guy wants to be the one in the group not getting any action unless they dont want the action. But it would be really lame for this woman to not offer up to one of the guys in the circle.
I think she offered EVERYONE. LOL. Like I said, my husband was offered. He told me, her MO is, invite the guy she wants to sex with in her house alone for dinner. Then what happens next, is up to you. Well OF COURSE they will have sex with her. Not my husband though, he said after dinner, he bailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships