Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:32 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
They both share blame here. Him for not doing anything when she's clearly into him, and her for being indirect. You can't blame only one party in these instances.
"Indirect"?! She sought him out whenever possible. He had no doubt she was into him, but he never expected her interest to last. He didn't think himself capable of holding her interest. That was the problem. She was far from indirect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Indirect"?! She sought him out whenever possible. He had no doubt she was into him, but he never expected her interest to last. He didn't think himself capable of holding her interest. That was the problem. She was far from indirect.

Yeah but she also could've said "I'm going to xxx on Friday. Would you like to join me?" It takes two to tango. Yes, he could've asked her out. But she could've too. Doesn't really matter at this point though. Even if she did ask him out, his insecurities would've showed later on anyway.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Yeah but she also could've said "I'm going to xxx on Friday. Would you like to join me?" It takes two to tango. Yes, he could've asked her out. But she could've too. Doesn't really matter at this point though. Even if she did ask him out, his insecurities would've showed later on anyway.
And who knows what would've happened if she had asked him out. He might have gotten flustered, and said he's busy or something dumb.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:28 PM

22 posts, read 16,920 times
Quote:
This! SO this! Two people have been deprived of happiness, now. Chickening out doesn't only affect the chicken. It affects the hen, too. It may well be years before she finds another guy she could get interested in. And she'll never know what went wrong. She might blame herself.
She's free to go find someone else, don't put that blame on me.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:27 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR212 View Post
This I have to agree with. Her feelings are her own business.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR212 View Post
that may be, but she was interested in you right now. all you needed to do was step up to the plate and take a swing. lunch would have been EASY, and you could have gotten to know her, and she you. who knows the two of you could have hit it off, and we would have been regaled by tales of the things you two were doing, until those threads got deleted.

but now i figure in about ten years, you are going to look back at this time, and you are going to kick yourself wondering what would have happened if you had just stepped up.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Beta men always end up on the losing side.

We live in a very competitive world....where everybody has options.

If you fail to make a move....somebody else will.

There will come a time where you will get sick of being passive.

I hope it comes very soon.

I don't feel sorry for the OP.

He just doesn't realize that he is missing out on some of the best dating years of your life ALL BECAUSE OF FEAR & LAZINESS.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that may be, but she was interested in you right now. all you needed to do was step up to the plate and take a swing. lunch would have been EASY,
It could have been even easier. He and his friend could have ordered a pizza delivered to their volunteer project, wherever it is, and they could have hung out there. You can't get more informal and casual than that. But even that was too much for the OP.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:11 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
It could have been even easier. He and his friend could have ordered a pizza delivered to their volunteer project, wherever it is, and they could have hung out there. You can't get more informal and casual than that. But even that was too much for the OP.
this is why i love you ruth, you seem to always hit the hail square on the head.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Lots of signs she likes you.

You sound really cool actually, just need a little more self-esteem.

Just because your friend may be more conventionally attractive doesn't mean he is her type. Don't worry about him, as she hasn't shown interest in him.

And if it turns out she isn't into you romantically...that's okay. It doesn't mean you are not attractive at all.

EDIT: I didn't wade through the whole thread. It seems the OP was too insecure to ask her out & it didn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships