Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:29 PM

814 posts, read 757,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I met my husband on POF. And yes I used online dating to meet people, AND specifically for a serious relationship.

Result:
I'm married.
These thread isn't for you or women that are doing fine. This is for the women having trouble.

Last edited by jaycich; 08-06-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Huh, interesting. So you find this behavior perfectly acceptable and excusable, as if it's HER problem and not his?

I can't agree there.
Anyone that treats others the way you describe here IS a dog...or more accurately, a juvenile a-hole.
No I didn't say that behavior was expectable. I'm trying to show the women having these problem how to prevent it. I didn't make this thread to callout a-holes, I made it to point out an observation that might provide awareness.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Having that poster's agreement doesn't lend your statement any credibility.

And I'm not trying to make them feel better. I'm trying to make them--and you--realize that maybe they shouldn't be shallow and go for looks, because guys like that aren't "dating up."

But I see I'm wasting my breath because a certain subgroup of posters want to do nothing but crab about women on this board because they think they are "edgy" by doing so.

So never mind. I'm over this.
WTF are you talking about? This isn't a problem I'm having. This is for girls getting hurt. When made me see this was a situation I'm having with a friend of mine. She's having problems with this guy that she's crazy about and I don't have the nerve to tell her what I wrote. You're somebody I don't know on the internet, I have no problem telling you.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Having that poster's agreement doesn't lend your statement any credibility.

And I'm not trying to make them feel better. I'm trying to make them--and you--realize that maybe they shouldn't be shallow and go for looks, because guys like that aren't "dating up."

But I see I'm wasting my breath because a certain subgroup of posters want to do nothing but crab about women on this board because they think they are "edgy" by doing so.

So never mind. I'm over this.
Look you've been on a whole different page this whole time. I'm saying one thing, you're interpreting something else. So please don't waste anymore of your breath when you don't even understand what I'm saying.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:45 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
As you all heard heard phrases like "why do I keep getting hurt?" or "why are all men dogs?" I'm gonna explain this to you. It's not that all men are dogs and it's not exactly because you're going for that type of man either. It's usually because you're dating up. You reject 90% of the men that hit on you and you pick the best looking ones. You want the highest quality man you can get, which is understandable. Only problem is that guy you picked is out of your league and doesn't want anything serious with you. A guy will usually sleep with a girl who's not up to par with him, even one that he's not really attracted to. So while that man didn't want you, there's another girl he probably will want. It doesn't matter what matter what you look like. Have you heard of a guy who sleeps with a fat chick, but doesn't wanna commit to her. The same thing when these 5s and 6s shoot for the guy that all the girls like. If she has a nice body and she's not ugly, she's actually kinda cute, he'll talk to her, sleep with her, but usually won't commit to her. Stop dating up, that'll usually solve your problem.
oh good grief

Old 08-06-2014, 04:51 PM

214 posts, read 206,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Stop dating up, that'll usually solve your problem.
It's actually because usually women who "keep getting hurt" have sex early in the relationship and then get dumped after the guy plows her.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:10 PM

898 posts, read 936,151 times
What I find funny about reading some of the comments on here is the naivety on full display.

So, true story. One of my good buddies here recently married. Now, of course his wife adores him and thinks the world of him. I'm sure she considers him a "gentleman", or whatever other cute descriptors you ladies use to describe the ideal man. What his wife is less likely to know is how many chicks this dude hooked up with before he met her that he had no intention of committing to. The stories from college he told me were incredible. We roomed for a year as well, so his sexual tendencies became pretty apparent to me. He hooked up with several girls during that time period with absolutely no intention of being with them long term. Most of these girls were just average in appearance, while some were not so much. I saw a few of these girls later, after he decided to stop hooking up with them, and they were pretty upset about him bailing on them.

So yes, ladies, even your prince charmings likely hooked up with several girls they had no intention of being with before he met you because they were easily accessible. When it comes to sexual satisfaction, most men know no bounds.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 PM

214 posts, read 206,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
What I find funny about reading some of the comments on here is the naivety on full display.

So, true story. One of my good buddies here recently married. Now, of course his wife adores him and thinks the world of him. I'm sure she considers him a "gentleman", or whatever other cute descriptors you ladies use to describe the ideal man. What his wife is less likely to know is how many chicks this dude hooked up with before he met her that he had no intention of committing to. The stories from college he told me were incredible. We roomed for a year as well, so his sexual tendencies became pretty apparent to me. He hooked up with several girls during that time period with absolutely no intention of being with them long term. Most of these girls were just average in appearance, while some were not so much. I saw a few of these girls later, after he decided to stop hooking up with them, and they were pretty upset about him bailing on them.

So yes, ladies, even your prince charmings likely hooked up with several girls they had no intention of being with before he met you because they were easily accessible. When it comes to sexual satisfaction, most men know no bounds.
I didn't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure what you were trying to point out, but isn't that true of most women, too? Like, they wear white wedding gowns and yet we all know they've almost certainly had sex with at least a few other guys, plus the guy they're marrying. I mean, it's a little silly for her to be living with the guy for months or years and then be like "look how pure I am!" but they still all do it.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post

In my case it's the opposite. I was quite busy in my 20's and had many partners.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
I didn't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure what you were trying to point out, but isn't that true of most women, too? Like, they wear white wedding gowns and yet we all know they've almost certainly had sex with at least a few other guys, plus the guy they're marrying. I mean, it's a little silly for her to be living with the guy for months or years and then be like "look how pure I am!" but they still all do it.
He's pointing out what I was saying. His buddy slept with a some girls he didn't really like, but married a women that he did like. It goes with my original post where I say, it's not necessarily the kind of guy they're going for, it's that the guy just didn't like them.

and yes what you said is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships