Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 04:52 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times

Advertisements

Most cheating isn't about sex. It's interesting, and wrong, that many men think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:37 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Only a simp would stay with a woman that cheated on him

Old 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM

513 posts, read 897,371 times
yes I would, because I have stayed.

early this year my wife almost left me for an old crush from her teens. We got it worked out, and made great progress in repairing the damage. In all honesty I had been a total ass for a couple years and I can see what drove her away enough that she allowed someone else into her head. I made the changes necessary and we were doing great. Then mid summer I had to go out of town for work and I was talking to her on the phone and hear a male voice say "Hello" like he was answering his phone. I could tell by the tone in her voice as she said it was the TV that she knew she was caught. Come to find out she had started seeing him again about 2 weeks prior to me going out of town this trip, when I was out on a previous trip. I was beyond furious, came close to cancelling my week long trip and just coming home to deal with it. instead I stayed and she kept denying it was anything but the TV BUT saying we did need to talk when I got back. I finished on Friday afternoon late, and drove 14 hours straight thru the night to be home Saturday morning. We went thru hell all that month as she was torn on what to do. She got her meds straight and realized how big a dumb ass she had been, and we have been good since then. The ONLY reason I tried to work it out this last time is I already knew her chemical imbalance from medical problems had gotten worse and when it does she loses impulse control and rational thought. Combine that with the loss of 2 grandparents and her mom in the last couple years and she was totally nuts. I did not want to split and put our kids thru that unless we both knew she was not coming back. Now that her levels are right she is "herself". She has also started counseling and admits that THIS time around was 100% her fault and it makes her feel even worse because I had become the perfect husband.

Would I act the same if it happened again, hell no. If I had not had that week of being out of town to process it(even though she denied seeing anyone at that point) then I would have probably kicked her to the curb and been done this last time. Medical reasons only buy so many passes, and she is fresh out. Her brother and dad both told me they would kick her out if it happened to them, but since I do love her I could not give up without at least one last fight. Had she packed her bags and left, then I would like to think I would have not taken her back. But in all reality, I probably would have.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:26 PM

162 posts, read 203,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Why or why not?

Of course, it's much more common for a woman to stay with a man if he cheated on her. But you rarely hear about men staying with women who cheat. I wonder if it's the emotional affair that goes along with the sex...whereas when men cheat, many of them will say "it's just sex," meaning there was no emotional attachment...I've heard that men will also ask "Was his thing bigger than mine?"

Anyways, men, I wanna hear what you have to say....
Hell to the NO!

I wouldn't be able to look at her in the face or ever trust her again.

If I can't look at her any longer I definitely can't stay with her.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:52 PM

343 posts, read 726,362 times
Nope.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM

113 posts, read 77,363 times
Just an observation...from the vast majority of replies on this thread it seems that a cheating woman will be tossed out to the garbage, regardless of any excuses. I for one, have zero sympathy or empathy for a cheating wife for any reason, period. If she is unhappy in marriage, get a divorce first then have sex with all the men she wants afterwards. Otherwise being kicked out is the best she should expect. Been there and got the T-shirt.....

Old 10-13-2015, 01:01 AM

220 posts, read 174,626 times
No.

For me relationships are also a trust thing. If my girl could lie to me, go behind my back and sleep with someone else than that trust is broken forever. If she did it once than she is capable of it in the future.

Cheaters never win.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Nope and any guy who does is a simp with low self esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships