Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:40 PM

551 posts, read 582,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic072014 View Post
I say nobodys because, people come different places and have different values, and cut it off if conversation doesn't flow good,its just not meant to be, there will be another person who it may flow better!
Huh?

Dude, how are you expecting people to answer this?? Like, Man/Woman? Person Who Asked For Date? What are the options?

Did someone tell you that you sucked at conversation on a date or something? Not trying to be mean, but just curious what your objective is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Why are you going on dates with homeless men?
If you take a step back and think about it, it's all part of the same game.

Do I have time to have a 10 minute conversation with this homeless guy who I see outside my local 7-11? He and I have nothing in common. But he wants to talk to somebody. Everybody wants to tell their story.

Contrast that to the Brooklyn hipster gal you meet at a party. If you don't deliver her exactly what she wants in the first five minutes of conversation in terms of looks, attitude, dress, and the persona she's looking for, she's gone.

People are commodities.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 PM

818 posts, read 917,477 times
If I notice a conversation dragging , I always shift from topic to topic til hit on something we both have in common.
Once you see a persons eyes light up, or smile you know you are on the right track

Old 08-13-2014, 10:16 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
If you take a step back and think about it, it's all part of the same game.

Do I have time to have a 10 minute conversation with this homeless guy who I see outside my local 7-11? He and I have nothing in common. But he wants to talk to somebody. Everybody wants to tell their story.

Contrast that to the Brooklyn hipster gal you meet at a party. If you don't deliver her exactly what she wants in the first five minutes of conversation in terms of looks, attitude, dress, and the persona she's looking for, she's gone.

People are commodities.
The fact that you believe this is part of your problem.

People are not commodities. They are people. You don't talk to the guy at the 7-11 because he has to potential to be dangerous, but if he proves that he isn't, then you do.

If the hipster chick from Williamsburg doesn't give you the time of day after several minutes, it's not because people are commodities. It's because she is a jerk.

The whole point of this discussion is whose fault it is if conversation breaks down during a date. If you are on a date, usually there's already an established attraction. If communication breaks down, it's probably (as a LOT of people have stated already) an issue of compatibility.

Whether or not people listen to the homeless man at 7-11 is a totally different issue. You aren't on a date with him. You don't have to worry if you are compatible with him.

Also, if you are on a date and you have a story to tell, don't you think it's better to tell it than to decide that the girl isn't interested?

Don't be so jaded about others. Not everyone is out to pull one over on the rest of the human race.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Well listening is a key essential component of keeping a conversation going, as in making a comment or statement, telling a story, expanding on what the person is saying and its really hard to listen to a woman if she is giving one-worded responses or isn't saying much, and yet according to Neil Strauss and Mystery, they say if an interaction/conversation goes wrong or awkward, its the mans fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships