U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:10 AM

485 posts, read 1,170,814 times

Advertisements

I've had some luck here and there but no serious girlfriends at all even before 20. Here's some background:

I've tried dating sites multiple times.
I've tried bars multiple times.
I've tried meetups and other sober venues to meet women.
I've tried meeting women through friends.
I went to one of the largest universities in the country. No luck there
I've lived in NYC and tried there.

I tend to use my number 1 excuse as being socially awkward but no girl that has rejected me has given that excuse. They usually so they felt no connection. Another girl said I live too far (then ended up dating a guy who lived further away than I do ). I usually just get a couple of dates then the girl starts ignoring my texts.

My friends have said the reasons I don't have a gf are because:
-I suck at relating to women
-I don't have good conversations
-I have a bad smile
-I need to grow my hair long/grow a beard (can't do this because of work)

What do you guys think? I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:20 AM

1,059 posts, read 968,057 times
There's someone out there for everyone. Ask your friends to hook you up.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 AM

13,694 posts, read 15,630,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
I've had some luck here and there but no serious girlfriends at all even before 20. Here's some background:

I tend to use my number 1 excuse as being socially awkward but no girl that has rejected me has given that excuse. They usually so they felt no connection. Another girl said I live too far (then ended up dating a guy who lived further away than I do ). I usually just get a couple of dates then the girl starts ignoring my texts.

-I have a bad smile

Here are a few questions. I may have more...

1. Do you have any hobbies?
2. Where was the last vacation you took?
3. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
4. When was the last time you visited a dentist?
5. What is your fashion IQ, how do you dress/your style?
6. Do you have good hygiene/grooming habits? (clean, regular hair cuts, clean nails, etc.)
7. Do you have a favorite animal, which animal would it be and what traits do you share in common with that animal that you relate to?
8. What kind of female are you trying to attract?
9. If you have a celebrity crush, who is it?
10. What is your personal motto?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:30 AM

267 posts, read 154,294 times
bro, i highly recommend studying off Jason Capital. He's the best dating coach out there right now and his products are freaking awesome. Get his best main product..which is called "make women want you."

and yeah, how's your fashion sense? Improving that helps a lot as well.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:45 AM

13,751 posts, read 12,709,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post

-I have a bad smile

Some people just aren't good at dating and relationships. I know I'm not. The truth is that you may never find what you're looking for. Are you really going to kill yourself over it though?

Old 08-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
There's someone out there for everyone. Ask your friends to hook you up.
Have had no luck through friends.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:15 AM

LuckyGem: Here are a few questions. I may have more...

1. Do you have any hobbies?
Yes (see spare time question)

2. Where was the last vacation you took?
A year ago to a friend's wedding actually

3. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Reading books, going to dive bars, doing yoga, running

4. When was the last time you visited a dentist?
Last week

5. What is your fashion IQ, how do you dress/your style?
I'd say I dress fairly well but not great. I wear pretty much no accessories but I don't dress bad.

6. Do you have good hygiene/grooming habits? (clean, regular hair cuts, clean nails, etc.)
Yes

7. Do you have a favorite animal, which animal would it be and what traits do you share in common with that animal that you relate to?
Cat and not really sure how to answer the rest of question

8. What kind of female are you trying to attract?
Skinny (but not necessarily hot), indie/hipster, liberal

9. If you have a celebrity crush, who is it?
I'd say a younger Naomi Watts and Emilia Clarke, cute face/petite

10. What is your personal motto?
Unless I'm a really good fortune teller, there's no legitimate reason to worry about the future.

Last edited by simon22; 08-11-2014 at 02:27 AM..

Old 08-11-2014, 03:21 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,467,365 times
OP: I'm around the same age as you and also have never had a GF, but the dates and small flings I did have over the years helped keep me from going insane, lol. I take what I can get

I don't have much in the way of useful advice to give, really, but all I can say is that you're not alone. As you no doubt have noticed by lurking on this forum and perhaps other forums on the web, there are many millions of people - men and women, straight/gay, young and old - in a similar position. That's about the only thing I can think of that stops me from spiralling into a deep depression when it comes to this matter.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 AM

788 posts, read 644,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
bro, i highly recommend studying off Jason Capital. He's the best dating coach out there right now and his products are freaking awesome. Get his best main product..which is called "make women want you."
OP, don't do this. Anyone selling you a book claiming they can "make women want you" is a shill at best.

It sounds like you've got a number of things you enjoy doing, and that's good. You've got a job, also good.

Have you tried not going after relationships? It's really trite to say they happen when you don't go looking for them, but it seems to happen that way an awful lot. I think people who are constantly looking send off a desperate vibe, and a lot of people absolutely find that off-putting.

Your friends seem to think you're not a good conversationalist and you have problems relating to women. Do you think there's any truth in that? How do you interact with the opposite sex?

Old 08-11-2014, 05:24 AM

3,050 posts, read 2,643,942 times
The Dating World is crazy. I think it's even crazier now than it was before. I wouldn't kill yourself over it. I don't want to be one of those Pollyannas who says "The right girl might be just around the corner so STAY POSITIVE..." but yeah, she could be.

I think the big question is, are you having fun?

Also, are you super picky? Something I'm learning about guys that I know in their 20s is that they are SO picky, like if a girl doesn't match up to every characteristic they want, they nope her right away. I'm not saying to settle for someone you aren't attracted to, but maybe just try to have a little more fun instead of going into every situation looking for the "perfect" woman. You never know who you will meet that way, and at least you'll get some practice when the right one comes along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or