Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:37 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

I know we have discussed whether you would go to a bar alone on this forum, but what about a club?

I have been thinking of doing some travelling alone and I was talking with someone yesterday about a trip they just got back from. I asked them what there was to do at night and they said "go to the many clubs". I imagined being there by myself and asked myself if I could go to a club alone as a female.

I think I could go to dinner or a bar alone, but I don't know about a club. Although I would like to go, I'd have to work really harder to convince myself to do that. lol

What about you? Can you go to a club alone? (you know no one)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 10:39 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
I would do it, but have not done it yet. Sure it would be hard. And it would make no sense since I don't dance.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I go anywhere I want anytime I want and do not hesitate.Why would I not do something I would enjoy just because I am by myself and society might look down on me?
(yeah, I care about society's opinion a lot.........)

Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
A music club to see bands? Yes, do it all the time.

A dance club? No, I don't dance.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:42 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
No. If I am not with someone, I have no reason to go.

I am not the party sort, so if I went, I would just be sitting at a table by myself, until I got up to leave.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
I don't go to dance bars. I go to bars where I can see my lady dance

I've been to bars by myself on business, but I wouldn't go to a club, never had to good of a time in one anyway.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I've been to bars by myself on business
Oh yeah? What kind of business?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I use to all the time back in the day. It was easy to engage in conversations, people (guys) would ask you to dance and people would invite you to sit at their table. IDK thing may have changed. I haven't been to a club in awhile.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Oh yeah? What kind of business?
RF Engineering. Have to travel quite a bit, usually about 4 weeks out of the year for training. Last year it was San Francisco and Atlanta. This year it was Dallas and Chicago.

Found awesome bars in every city

Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,457 times
I did it before, a while ago, when my kids were visiting for a weekend, I went to a bar alone. I can't say this happens to everyone, but, this is what happened to me. I sat there for maybe two hours, there were 4 or 5 guys seated around the bar, and me. I think I was the only woman sitting there. There were couples at the tables around the outskirts of the bar.
After finishing my beer, yes, I drink beer, out a glass, thank you. After finishing my beer I was just thinking of leaving, it seemed like the guys who were there were just staring at me, leering. I felt more alone than ever, I hardly even enjoyed being there at all.
Just as I was getting ready to leave a man came up and started talking to me and bought me another. He was kinda good looking and dressed like a businessman, he explained that he was visiting town on business, and a lot of other things about himself - such as, that he was not married, that he was kind of bored...etc. A lot of things that hinted that he wanted me to come back to his hotel room with him - well, after my second drink it was more than a hint.
But, I declined because, isn't this what the 'stories' you hear about 'are'...you know, the woman who never makes it home?
When I got home I looked him up by his name, and sure enough, there he was on Facebook married of course.
I decided NOT to do that again. Going to the bar alone is not for me.
I can't say it would be that for you, you might have all the guys at the bar talking with you because you are more outgoing, and it might be a blast.
But, it seemed like, in my experience, it was everything I don't want. I think I'm just not that kind of girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships