Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 02:12 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
I'm not trying to just get a win, I'm trying to understand women. My true end goal would be to give women what they want, or to be more of what they want.
Then - if your question is any indication - you are going about it all wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to just get a win, I'm trying to understand women. My true end goal would be to give women what they want, or to be more of what they want.
Well, as noted, there is no "one size fits all". If you cast your net too wide, then you may lose any sense of specialness, which is quite important to standing out, especially if you are NOT conventionally, physically attractive. Those PUA strategies try to shoddily mimic the special vibe by prescribing "peacocking" or wearing outlandish clothing/accessories to grab attention. Genuine specialness exudes - it's about possessing a physical and emotional presence that affects the immediate environment.

Since casual hook-ups are more often about instant appeal & immediate gratification (as opposed to simply noting potential for the long-term and exploring it via getting to know each other, as people tend to do in dating for relationships), then you have to consider what are the basic shallow attractors.

The most obvious I can think of are
- power
- material things &/or sensory experience
(not the same as money...which is more a sign of power or material things)
- beauty
-charisma
- uniqueness

For the short-term, power is not about job status - it's about presence. It's the kind of power that communicates "good lover". It also means more to "conquer" someone powerful, hence sex appeal, although some women may like to seduce a guy who is seemingly innocent.

Providing material things or sensory experiences is not about money, but creating an enjoyable atmosphere & taking care of her immediate, physical needs. Seduction involves "setting" of course. This is not flashiness or buying someone, it's about creating experience and the symbolism of giving - easy to see how that connects to "good lover".

Charisma is not about great personality traits. It's the surface ability to charm and touch emotions. Lots of charismatic people can be horrible under the surface. But in the short-term, this has ability to stir desire. It's about exciting someone, and again, it promises "good lover".

Beauty is obvious, and although downplayed for men as compared to women, it has greater draw in the short-term.

Uniqueness tends to not stand alone, but can make up for where something else lacks, and it tends to be about figuring out your niche (as opposed to casting a wide net - in cold marketing terms, who is your target market?). The uniqueness I speak of is not deep parts of your individuality, but something which is more quickly communicated without trying hard. Individual women will also vary as to which of these aspects she is most drawn to. For me, as evidenced in my prior post, beauty tends to have the most shallow appeal, followed by charisma.

Things like intelligence, humor, kindness, etc, certainly have great short-term appeal also & will play into how the above stuff manifests, adding to the sexy vibe; but those are also long-term qualities which are far less shallow, and so they may not be necessary if you're looking for bare minimum appeal.

Now if you're looking to "give women what they want", then this is probably irrelevant. Most women don't really want casual, shallow encounters - they want something more substantial.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:46 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Well, as noted, there is no "one size fits all". If you cast your net too wide, then you may lose any sense of specialness, which is quite important to standing out, especially if you are NOT conventionally, physically attractive. Those PUA strategies try to shoddily mimic the special vibe by prescribing "peacocking" or wearing outlandish clothing/accessories to grab attention. Genuine specialness exudes - it's about possessing a physical and emotional presence that affects the immediate environment.

Since casual hook-ups are more often about instant appeal & immediate gratification (as opposed to simply noting potential for the long-term and exploring it via getting to know each other, as people tend to do in dating for relationships), then you have to consider what are the basic shallow attractors.

The most obvious I can think of are
- power
- material things &/or sensory experience
(not the same as money...which is more a sign of power or material things)
- beauty
-charisma
- uniqueness

For the short-term, power is not about job status - it's about presence. It's the kind of power that communicates "good lover". It also means more to "conquer" someone powerful, hence sex appeal, although some women may like to seduce a guy who is seemingly innocent.

Providing material things or sensory experiences is not about money, but creating an enjoyable atmosphere & taking care of her immediate, physical needs. Seduction involves "setting" of course. This is not flashiness or buying someone, it's about creating experience and the symbolism of giving - easy to see how that connects to "good lover".

Charisma is not about great personality traits. It's the surface ability to charm and touch emotions. Lots of charismatic people can be horrible under the surface. But in the short-term, this has ability to stir desire. It's about exciting someone, and again, it promises "good lover".

Beauty is obvious, and although downplayed for men as compared to women, it has greater draw in the short-term.

Uniqueness tends to not stand alone, but can make up for where something else lacks, and it tends to be about figuring out your niche (as opposed to casting a wide net - in cold marketing terms, who is your target market?). The uniqueness I speak of is not deep parts of your individuality, but something which is more quickly communicated without trying hard. Individual women will also vary as to which of these aspects she is most drawn to. For me, as evidenced in my prior post, beauty tends to have the most shallow appeal, followed by charisma.

Things like intelligence, humor, kindness, etc, certainly have great short-term appeal also & will play into how the above stuff manifests, adding to the sexy vibe; but those are also long-term qualities which are far less shallow, and so they may not be necessary if you're looking for bare minimum appeal.

Now if you're looking to "give women what they want", then this is probably irrelevant. Most women don't really want casual, shallow encounters - they want something more substantial.

OP, everything you need to know is right there ^^^.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
OP, how about you get a part time job as like a Bar-back
that will allow to to *observe* other people and the compromises they make, when the horny exceeds their good judgement.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
what would still be some of your bare minimal requirements?
Every time you see a woman with a guy, he is her bare minimum. No joke.

Quote:
For instance: no man boys, lvl 80 paladins, crystal meth users, homeless guys, desperates, zero funnies, engineers and mcdonalds employees, etc.
What they heck is your problem with engineers? And what is this 'paladin' reference? You don't like D&D players???

Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I did have a level 80 Paladin. He was specced to tank.

I had a level 80 priest, a level 80 rogue, a level 80 Death knight, a level 80 mage, 80 Warlock, and was in the process of leveling the rest of the classes.

The 80s were all geared to run At least Ulduar, while my priest was able to raid ICC. Wonder if it's still just as easy to find raids as a healer. Haven't played that game in years.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:20 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
I just came here as an engineer to say OP is a bundle of sticks!

Lol

Old 08-14-2014, 07:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Me, I prefer STEM people and gamers .

Old 08-14-2014, 07:25 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I did have a level 80 Paladin. He was specced to tank.

I had a level 80 priest, a level 80 rogue, a level 80 Death knight, a level 80 mage, 80 Warlock, and was in the process of leveling the rest of the classes.

The 80s were all geared to run At least Ulduar, while my priest was able to raid ICC. Wonder if it's still just as easy to find raids as a healer. Haven't played that game in years.
I had a rogue in WoW, but a healer in LOTRO... it's a LOT easier to find groups/raids as a healer. In fact, I would log in at weird hours to do solo quests and still get IMed, "Wanna do ___ (insert raid name)." It could get annoying, but after suffering as an unwanted DPSer for so long, I've played healers ever since. Although last game I played, SWTRO, tanks were in demand (I had a bounty hunter).

Old 08-14-2014, 07:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I had a rogue in WoW, but a healer in LOTRO... it's a LOT easier to find groups/raids as a healer. In fact, I would log in at weird hours to do solo quests and still get IMed, "Wanna do ___ (insert raid name)." It could get annoying, but after suffering as an unwanted DPSer for so long, I've played healers ever since. Although last game I played, SWTRO, tanks were in demand (I had a bounty hunter).
I never really liked any other MMO except for WoW, but I never really checked out LOTRO either. I did play the SWOTOR during the November beta test, and it was OK, I never really got into it either. Not much for Star Wars though.

The only time I ever had it "easy" as a DPS in WoW was on my rogue. She was probably the most fun character I ever raided with, but I could find groups for instances whenever I wanted since I had a pretty funny reputation on the Alliance side for being like one of 2 level 70 Dwarf rogues on the server, and that pitch did work sometimes.

And then Wrath came out and the group finder system came, and I was back to being a lowly DPS who Felt like it was an eternity to find a group for any instance at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships