Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:13 PM

551 posts, read 582,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Interesting read OP. What made it more interesting is I think you slipped giving us the REAL names of Mike, and Drew.... oooooooooohhh. *Scandal*

LOOOOL. I deduced you did let Mike, and Drew slip because I checked your name list on the OP - Mike, and Drew is not there!!!!

And that's my Sherlock Holmes deducing power of the day.
Nice catch! LOL.

I'd just go out for the drink with the one guy. The other... not so much. Regardless of views. I think it's actually cool he wants to get those things out of the way, but it could have been done so much more suavely. He sounds pretty arrogant actually (either that or a wicked sense of humor, but since it's not super clear I'd pass). You guys might have a fun debate and find some sparks in there, but in the long run, it's probably gonna be a hot mess.

Good luck OP, thanks for sharing your experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
????

Do you think he was for real, or joking?

It may be the flu shot I had today, which has frazzled my brain, but I really can't tell. I thought he was serious (and bizarre, narcissistic, and controlling) until he go to the conspiracy theory part.
Yeah, I can't really tell either. His response was equally bizarre, insisting that we can't possibly get along but i'm smart and witty so we should go out. THEN he said our differences in music might be more that he could over look. We have not once talked about music. So i assume he got me mixed up with someone else he is emailing.

I suspect his is having his fun but never actually goes out with anyone because he knows he sucks at relationships. I deleted the whole conversation.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Interesting read OP. What made it more interesting is I think you slipped giving us the REAL names of Mike, and Drew.... oooooooooohhh. *Scandal*

LOOOOL. I deduced you did let Mike, and Drew slip because I checked your name list on the OP - Mike, and Drew is not there!!!!

And that's my Sherlock Holmes deducing power of the day.
you are clearly a genius! I got my aliases mixed up. clearly I'll never work for the CIA.........

Old 08-20-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Back to the first posting in this thread: OP - what do you mean by "negative energy" - and why is this necessarily unappealing?
i'm not really sure how to describe it. Everything about his facial expressions and body language read 'defeatist' to me. Like he wasn't having a good time, was thinking too hard about what to say and not at all curious about what I had to say, and had already decided no one was going to like him. He heaved some big sighs and made some kind of comment about how it was too hard to make conversation like this. he looked tired. He didn't ask anything about me, talked only about himself, and even then had very little to say. unfortunately, he had big hollow gray circles under his eyes which contributed to his depressed air. never once smiled. If I had to rate his confidence, I would say he started the evening at a 2 and by the time he got to me it was hovering right above 0.

I know a downer when I see one. Does that make more sense?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:10 PM

just found out that bachelor #1 foreclosed on his house this spring. The internet is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. I'm still going out with him...this does change my perception of him but not significantly so. in a way this makes him seem more real. i was leaning towards casting him as a handsome playboy who never married because he could get all the women he wants. (I can't remember if he has kids or not) Maybe he just puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. but He's still old.

Still haven't heard from bachelor #3...should I email him this weekend if I haven't heard?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:21 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
you are clearly a genius! I got my aliases mixed up. clearly I'll never work for the CIA.........

Old 08-21-2014, 11:49 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Yeah, I can't really tell either. His response was equally bizarre, insisting that we can't possibly get along but i'm smart and witty so we should go out. THEN he said our differences in music might be more that he could over look. We have not once talked about music. So i assume he got me mixed up with someone else he is emailing.
Or he just sends that message to everyone.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:39 PM

my coworker hit the nail on the head today. "What a Maroon!" ;-) haven't heard back from him so I think we're done........

Old 08-22-2014, 07:25 AM

Ahh, but yesterday I got a message on OKC from a guy who appears to be someone I would really like to get to know. We seem to have a LOT in common. It's the first time in weeks I've been contacted, he appears to be new at this (therefore not jaded?) and appears to be a very successful corporate executive and appears to be into the same kinds of things I am and appears to be a good looking guy, just my type in many ways.

I hope the reason he hasn't responded to my response is that he is busy at his very successful company today.;-0

Which validates my plan. I was in a serious slump...speed dating seems to have boosted my confidence back up to normal.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 AM

663 posts, read 778,026 times
When you say single for 8 years, do you mean

1. you haven't dated anyone in the past 8 years?

2. or you haven't been intimate with anyone in the past 8 years?

3. or you have done the above but haven't been in a "relationship" in the past 8 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships