Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 08:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
The problem is most are not honest about it and someone almost always gets hurt. I find it exhausting to be juggling 2-3 girls at the same time. Plus there's always the possibility you like one, but the other asks to be exclusive with you. These situations can get ugly.
Yes, I agree. Although there is risk involved, I prefer to just date one at a time. That doesn't automatically mean we're GF/BF, but it helps cut down on confusion for me, and I don't have to feel guilty or hide anything. I usually can tell pretty quickly, within 1 or 2 dates if we will have a dating future together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max100 View Post
I don't know about how ladies think about this issue. As a man, I really like to hang out/date with multiple women as a time. It does give you options to hedge. However sometimes I do feel a little guilty and fear that it may backfire if either of the girls finds out, Plus it can be very overwhelming.
Unless I am committed to a woman as girlfriend+boyfriend or wife+husband, then I see no issue with dating multiple women - especially when I've only had a few dates with them. The only caveat that I have is if we've been dating for an significant amount of time and it looks like it could get more serious, then dating others simultaneously is a no go.

[the definition of significant in this case will vary]

Old 08-17-2014, 12:55 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,229,638 times
I tended to find dating more than 1 a bigger hassle than it was worth. Schedules are hard to coordinate. Sometimes you make a date with 1, she cancels, then wants to reschedule when you have a date with #2.

Other times, I've had them find out and get upset, consequently losing the one I liked more and then dumping the other one, causing me to have no one at the moment.

I've done it of course, because what tended to happen is I'd go weeks with no opportunities then one week 2 or 3 would be interested. In principle, nothing wrong with it. You 1) go out / hang out; 2) start dating; 3) casual dating; 4) go exclusive; 5) boyfriend/girlfriend; 6) move in together; 7) get married. That's more or less the hierarchy. Dating multiple people in stages 1-3 is fine.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:02 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
No its not, its called cheating.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:10 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
I don't know about how ladies think about this issue. As a man, I really like to hang out/date with multiple women as a time. It does give you options to hedge. However sometimes I do feel a little guilty and fear that it may backfire if either of the girls finds out, Plus it can be very overwhelming.
if you are open and honest with them that you date other women, and as long as you are not exclusive to one woman, then i see no problem.

however as you noted it can be rather overwhelming to date more than one woman at a time, especially if one woman tends to be very schedule oriented, and the other is rather a spur of the moment kind of girl.

my advice, if you are dating more than one woman, trend very carefully, and again be open and honest with ALL of them and let them know that you are in fact dating other women. and dont be surprised if these ladies decide to get together and teach you a lesson you wont forget. chances are that you can weather the storm if you tread lightly.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:10 AM

70 posts, read 155,229 times
Its shouldnr be an issue as long as there is no commitment, until both decide to go to the next level, it dating others should be expected.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:31 AM

161 posts, read 255,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if you are open and honest with them that you date other women, and as long as you are not exclusive to one woman, then i see no problem.

however as you noted it can be rather overwhelming to date more than one woman at a time, especially if one woman tends to be very schedule oriented, and the other is rather a spur of the moment kind of girl.

my advice, if you are dating more than one woman, trend very carefully, and again be open and honest with ALL of them and let them know that you are in fact dating other women. and dont be surprised if these ladies decide to get together and teach you a lesson you wont forget. chances are that you can weather the storm if you tread lightly.
I understand that theoretically I should be open and honest. But in reality, it's really tough to admit to the girl you have some interest in that you are also seeing someone else. Ladies also have this issue as well, normally they won't tell me , untill later on I figure out by myself.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes, I agree. Although there is risk involved, I prefer to just date one at a time. That doesn't automatically mean we're GF/BF, but it helps cut down on confusion for me, and I don't have to feel guilty or hide anything. I usually can tell pretty quickly, within 1 or 2 dates if we will have a dating future together.
I feel the same. And honestly, I don't get the "risk" involved. What's the danger in giving one person a chance at a time? Like you said, you can tell after a couple of dates if there is any potential.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:06 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
As you asking ladies this question? Most men would probably agree with you.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:01 AM

161 posts, read 255,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
As you asking ladies this question? Most men would probably agree with you.
I am asking both ladies and gentlemen here. The other day I had a debate with my sister 's boyfriend , let's call him Alex. When I raised the idea of dating multiple women at a time, Alex did not like it and he tried to persuade me to date one at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships